Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

look at the way a real professional like le'veon bell handled the same "issue." He took to social media as well but he didn't make an ass out of himself. now there is no story with him

never thought I would ever come to the point where I point to le'veon bell as a model professional btw. but it appears he has matured in this league

2. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Yea,.. Because when Bell was Adam's age he was just getting arrested with a DUI / Marijuana possession and getting 4 Game suspensions and then got suspended again the next season for missing a subsequent drug test.

These players are people,.. Young people. Let them grow up. We don't need to kill him for this misstep.

3. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Agree. Most of the media cancer part I think comes from the fact that it seems that the media only talks to Jamal, and occasionally Sam. Does n't the media think that anyone else is worth talking to, or do they know that JA will give them the type of controversial answers that they want.

4. BrowningNagle

I'm not killing him. I just don't want him on this team anymore after the season. anybody who doesn't want to be here, shouldn't be here

5. BrowningNagle

Adams tweeted, unprovoked, that the GM backstabbed him and he's not talking to him. of course the media is heading straight for his locker.

They aren't gonna ignore that tweet and go talk to Alex Lewis to find out what he thinks about the Miami Dolphins defensive line

NCJetsfan, ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He should have waited until he talked to his boss. That he didn’t is the story. And even if it does quietly from here m, Jamal showed who he is and that is now open for concern and conversation.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jamal missed that sack on Minshew. If he makes it, it could have been a completely different game. I'm still not sure what he was doing on that play. I don't know if it is Gregg Williams' defense or what, but this has been Adams' worst season so far. He is still a good player, but he is trying to do too much. He was great in the Cowboys game. A Jets win.

jonnyd likes this.
  8. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Don't forget the dropped interception too

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Jamal's comments about Brady and Donald are the most embarrassing things Ive ever heard a Jet player say

Acad23 likes this.
  10. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

The media seems to always talk to jamal and jamal only. I for one am tired of hearing only his opinions.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Unless Dallas offers far more than any other team, I don't want him going there. They tampered and Adams wants to go there. His latest crap may all be an act to force the Jets to trade him. I'd love it the Jets do trade him
    to the Bengals! Screw Adams. I did like him, but no more. I don't even care if he grows up somewhere else. He's the son of a soldier. He ought to have more mental discipline. I'm tired of reading and hearing about this.

I agree, as soon as the season ends or reasonably thereafter, I hope that Adams is traded. He doesn't have the character, attitude or discipline of the players we want and need on this team. He will only be a distraction.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And yet, Maccagnan passed over two highly probable FQBs to pick Adams. And there was a majority on this board that thought it was a great idea!

FUCK BPA!

13. NCJetsfan

Seriously? Le'Veon Bell does. CJ Mosley does. Jamison Crowder does.

The problem is that Tanny, Idzik and Mac all were incompetent sucked at the draft and most of their draft picks made little or no impact and are no longer on the team or even in the NFL. That has led to all the losing and dysfunction. Of course that couldn't happen with good owners. I have hopes that Douglas will get things straightened out if the Johnsons will let him run things, but it won't happen overnight, and if the Johnsons don't let him run things, it may not happen at all. He may get fed up and quit.

14. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If he's going to play like a malcontent, then his value will drop, but I don't forsee that happening. What I do see is him riding out this season, and at exit meetings, he will likely tell Joe Douglas that he would like to move on. Jets can and will get a nice package for him. He has clearly gone from one of the most respected to one of the least liked players on the jets, and at this point, if we can get a nice package of picks for him, I'd move on.

For the jets, our top priorities is re-building an o-line this offseason, getting better cornerbacks, and also beefing up on edge rusher.

Trading him, although not ideal, seems inevitable. Hopefully joe douglas can turn a trade for him into a few immediate impact players

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

If he has the ability to recognize that he needs to approach his discussion with Douglas with a cooler head, then he'd also have the ability to recognize that he needs to STFU and stay off social media, but he hasn't. He keeps yapping and making things worse.

He needs to have the ability to recognize that he's hurting himself in the eyes of other NFL teams. Who's going to want him when he's going to go to social media and air dirty laundry, whine and pout like a spoiled brat? It's going to lower his trade value for the Jets, and it will hurt him getting his second contract. If he really does want to stay here, he's going to ruin that possibility for himself because I'm sure that the Johnsons and probably Douglas are close to the point of being done with this dumb kid. They don't need the distraction of having to deal with a prima donna drama queen and the headaches it causes.

16. Ajitator

Not disagreeing with any of that except the bolded part - he needs to grow up and recognize the impact lashing out like this could potentially have. I also think he's a smart guy and is fully capable of learning that lesson.

Maybe I missed something AFAIK this was his first misstep against the team and has pretty much said all the right things when it comes to speaking with the media.. which he has done a lot.

Are there other instances I'm forgetting or just because he attracts a lot of attention on anything he does?

17. Ajitator

Hahah,.. What? To who? The "fans" on this board? No one on the team has spoken about this publicly who are we to assume this changes his role / behavior in the locker room? In fact gase has publicly stated that nothing has changed and he's doing a great job of prepping for Miami.

Man we just need a win, People are apt to jump at the throat of anything right now.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's ignorant to think it'll be his last. He didn't just say I'm frustrated with losing. He said he wants to play for the Cowboys and thinks the general manager stabbed him in the back and is refusing to talk to the GM like a baby.

The gash will get deeper as we go. And he just destroyed all negotiating power we have because everyone knows he wants out.

OBJ's nonsense started with little murmurs too and he's become a nightmare everywhere he is.

19. Ajitator

Completely agree to disagree here then I guess. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he's given no reason not to. We're all really ready to throw this guy away because of 3-4 tweets? People need to calm down.

You comparing Adams to OBJ is kind of silly IMO. They're not even in the same ball park.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You don't think this is how all disgruntled "superstars" start to become a problem? We'll obviously have to wait and see. But he admitted he wants to play elsewhere and publicly won't talk to the general manager because of hurt feelings.

I'd venture to guess a lot more complaints are coming. This is how it all starts. It's not like OBJ was opening his mouth left and right his rookie year either.