Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams for Tyron Smith anyone?

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Adams is very good player.

I hate that this shit is being played out in public. Leads to misunderstanding and hurt feelings.

If I'm a GM I keep this crap private...

rscherwin and papapump like this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

IMO good management must understand employee sensitivities as a way to keep employees morale high--the NYJ apparently failed miserably with a good employee (Adams) who apparently was very loyal to the company (NYJ). There's no defending a shit organization for alienating a good player. For his sake I hope he gets to another team sooner than later.

PulseJet likes this.
  4. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

maybe the Jets should build a safe room with puppies and coloring books.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Tyron Smith is starting to get banged up every year now. He's such a good player but he's SUCH a big man for his athleticism. I doubt they'd do it but his lower body is starting to break down.

6. Early 80's

Early 80's Active Member

He is: Young, passionate, mouthy and immature. Leaders know when to shut up. He's not a leader, because he's young still. He doesn't realize the NFL is a business.

Safety is a position of minimal impact on the field. Least of all, he's not a cover safety, i.e. cover WR's. Our record is what it is WITH him on the field. He alone couldn't turn this average at best+injury plagued team into a winning team this season. 1 guy(safety) can't do that. Would he make more of an impact with a more talented team??? Say.. dallas... sure. He could possibly get them over the hump into being a title contender, because they have other players around him that are performing well.

The Jets can build around him, Sam, Bell etc. They just need a lot of other players to perform well on the field. Jets have a few stars, but not enough horses.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

How can it be kept private if the player can't stop talking and saying what he's saying?!

FJF, PennyRoyal10 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Who'd a thunk back in August that Adams would be
    Why did it even get out that Douglas took calls on any player?

All players aren't as savvy as Le'Veon Bell... ;)

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He's a fucking safety, arguably the least important position on defense. I'd rather have an elite defensive player at any one of the following positions:
    Any defensive line position
    Any LB position
    A CB

He doesn't play a premium position yet he wants the GM to hang up on a team that might overpay for him?? Get fucked, Jamal. Make a game changing play and we can talk.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's obviously because he spends all his time on Twitter and Instagram instead of studying film and working on diagnosing plays, systems, formations, and studying his own film to see where he can improve, rather than merely watching his own film thinking, "Aren't I the greatest?"

It's a shame. He has all the talent in the world, but it's really starting to look like he's going to piss it all away. He's read and believed his own hype too much and his work ethic isn't what it should be. He talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk.

Since1969 and bicketybam like this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Ship his ass out. He is just a loud mouth. Keep Maye and ship him out. Geez. Some Jet fans are truly so romantic. He is a loud mouth nothing else. Fuck him.

12. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Adams continues to retweet nonsense on Twitter all night...the guy needs to grow up..get off Twitter and stop watching ESPN.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Douglas sat down with Adams the week before the trade deadline and told him that he was in the Jets plans and wasn't going anywhere. He spoke with Bell and Anderson too. Douglas was proactive and thoroughly professional. Following the passing of the trade deadline, Douglas was able to speak with Bell and Anderson, but Adams was pouting and whining and too busy calling Douglas and Gase liars and backstabbers. He's believing some jerk or jerks at ESPN or his agent (whose motivation is greed), instead of his own GM.

If it ever comes out that Douglas lied and Adams was telling the truth, then I will agree with you and want Douglas gone, but for now, Douglas has all the credibility and Adams none.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Adams has nothing to do with the Jets losing....Hes a saftey..Hes also the best player on the team.You dont know if he had a conversation prior to the deadline with Douglas about not trading him.You dont know whats going on and he has every right to be mad..Footballs about the entire team "The Adams Jets are 10-29" Worst point ever made in the history of this forum.1 Pro Bowler out of 32 isnt gonna get the job done in the NFL...you need atleast 5 or 6 pro bowl level players to win in this league.Right now we have 3...Mosley,Bell,Adams.Mosley isnt a factor this year,Bell isnt being used right,and Adams is doing what he can for a coach he doesnt want to play for...No one wants to play for Adam Gase...Hes not a players coach and hes accomplished nothing in the NFL so how are people going to buy in to a guy that is just flat out terrible..Todd Bowles would be a major improvement over Gase..

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

The reality is that Adams was Mr. Jet before this and now he's feeling slighted. It is up to management to "manage" this kind of stuff and they failed. What are you arguing for? NYJ FO fucked up again.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Amazing, I posted yesterday I wanted to trade Adams and got shot down. One day later...

17. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

Well said. And I like him as well. With that said I would like to see how loyal he is when it's time for contract negotiations. Would he have given the Jets a home town discount? Fuck no.

BudJet likes this.
  18. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Adams thinks he is entitled to more than he is. Maybe he should talk to Aqib Talib who was traded while hurt to save on cap space.

Adams better learn the reality of the NFL quickly or he will be really disappointed.

You mention Brady. Belichick was ready to get rid of him because he prefers letting go of a player before it is too late. The only reason this didn't happen was that Kraft stepped in hence Jimmy G to the 49ers. So if this can happen to Brady, what makes Adams so special?

When it is all said and done, players are expendable in the NFL. Unlike the other main sports like Soccer, MLB, NBA, and the NHL, contracts are not 100% guaranteed and you can be out with the trash that day.

19. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

You offer belichick your next six first round picks and tell me he wouldn't think about it. The same for Donald.

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahaha dude that is so true!