Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I like Adams, but he needs to realize that he's not God's gift to the NFL.

Adams was still seething Wednesday about the fact that Jets general manager Joe Douglas was willing to listen to trade offers for him on Tuesday, just ahead of the NFL trade deadline. He doesn’t care that Douglas wasn’t actively looking for buyers. He’s mad that the first-year GM picked up the phone at all.

“It definitely hurt,” Adams said. “I hold myself at a high level. The Rams, they don’t take calls on Aaron Donald. The Patriots don’t take calls on Tom Brady.”

Yeah, that’s because those players are established as elite difference makers and the NFL’s clear-cut best players. Adams comparing himself to that duo is absolutely delusional.

Brady is in his 20th season. He’s made 14 Pro Bowls. He’s a three-time All-Pro. He’s won three MVP awards. At this point, the NFL might as well name its record book after him. He’s the consensus greatest quarterback of all time.

Donald is in his sixth season. He’s five-for-five on Pro Bowl berths. He’s four-for-five on All-Pro nods. He went from the Defensive Rookie of the Year to the Defensive Player of the Year – then won that award two straight seasons. He has 64.5 sacks and averaged nearly 12 per season entering this year.

Adams has been to one Pro Bowl. He has two career interceptions. He’s notched 5.5 sacks.

He isn’t even in the same stratosphere as those two players.

Plus, there’s the simple fact that Brady and Donald have proven capable of helping their teams win. Brady needs a second hand to wear all of his Super Bowl rings. Donald was robbed of his own jewelry by Brady last February.

Adams’ Jets are 10-29 through two-plus seasons. They’re 1-6 this year.

As it turns out, the Jets lose just as easily with Adams as they could without him.

#981 BudJet, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I suspect (but this is just my uninformed opinion) this outrage is largely manufactured to either force a move in due course without wanting to look like the bad guy or someone that isn't team orientated or to get a new deal done sooner rather than later

also OF COURSE the rams and pats take calls on those players (and that would especially be the case if the team was struggling and so not competitive - which rarely applies to the Pats sadly) - I am sure that there was talk about Bill actively wanting to shop Tom and replace him with the much younger Jimmy G but Kraft was having none of it which led to Jimmy G getting shipped out

edit: this didn't need its own thread :)

grkmanga31 likes this.
  3. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

Great post!!!! Couldn’t agree more!! The more he talks, the more I’m starting realize we have our own OBJ situation on our hands.

Adams is a very good player and it looks like he has an exceptionally bright future in the NFL. That said, for him to even mention his name in the same sentence as Aaron Donald or Tom Brady is asinine. Truth be told, what has he even accomplished here? The Jets have been abysmal since he has been drafted and it’s too easy to simply blame the offense. The defense, which he captains, has under achieved immensely over the past few years. He’s shown a complete lack of discipline with indefensible personal fouls and he’s proven himself to be a me guy, not a team player.

frankly, with the Jets set to undertake a partial (at best) rebuild, I would absolutely take a first and a second and get him out of here.

OBJ felt (and still feels) that he was gods gift to football and look how things have panned out early in Cleveland. I think the same can be said for Adams. For a person who holds himself in such high regard, the results on the field certainly havent illustrated that.

BonScott and BudJet like this.
  4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Agree is a very good but not great... IMHO we should have asked for 1-2-3 not 1-2s. I would have done that in a heartbeat.

BonScott likes this.
  5. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I agree. He's a pretty good player, especially compared to all the first round busts the Jets have drafted in the last 10 years but nowhere near "elite." There's a lot of hype around the guy, which I think is mostly the result of his never ending self promotion and poor talent around him that makes him look better. If given a first rounder and two seconds, I'd ship him out in a NY minute.

Cman68, BonScott and Red Menace like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Funny how we all want him gone the day after the trade deadline. Only the Jets.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Believe it or not , actually hearing him saying it in the sound clips is much worse than reading the text. Dude is losing face quickly in this one.

Andy_M, NCJetsfan, Red Menace and 2 others like this.
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

He certainly isn't as good as all the hype from the fanbase and media portrays him as, he needs to shut the hell up and start making plays on the field, he's turning into a media cancer, start making the highlight reals instead of the tabloids

ColoradoContrails and BudJet like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

We definitely need a merge, but I just heard part of what came out of Adam's own mouth on ESPN on the way home from work. Holy crap, he's really starting to sound like a whinny bitch. That's right: whinny, because I like it that way. Adams (pretty close): " I got in on Monday and I heard from reliable sources and people I trust that I was being shopped around. My agent told me blah blah blah it hurt me I am JesusChristTheBuddhaGodJosephSmith blah blah blah you don't see them getting phone calls blah blah blah." Well, none of those guys will be getting phone calls anytime soon but still.

You know, I will die being a fan of the laundry, and maybe I'm just getting old, but I've reached this point where fealty to a particular player can turn on a dime. I am so sick of the posturing and the crybaby nonsense. A blanket statement, I know; but frig it. As much as I like Adams if Douglas kicks him in his ass I honestly don't care as much as perhaps I should . . . ? I'm just wondering if the Jets are going to kick themselves in their own ass if they got offered a one for him and said no.

As to the OPs sentiment that Adams is delusional, guess what? I am Superman! I'm gonna jump off the roof of my house to prove it! Splat.

dawinner127, Red Menace and FJF like this.
  10. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

I love adams

He's going to be a very good player for a long long time.

Make first team all pro and you'll be bordering untouchable.

However, if jalen ramsey can get traded at a premier position why cant a strong saftey.

Like i said, i think he's terrific but strong safties even at the top level are not the first cogs in the wheel for building a team.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don’t want him gone but if the cowboys would have given a ransom for him, you bet I would have been ok with it.

I’m glad he’s confident in his skills but he needs to pipe down, this is a business after all, I’m sure he will treat it as such when the time comes.

He should probably change his name to Rod Tidwell with the amount of talking he does.

NCJetsfan, Acad23 and BonScott like this.
  12. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

He's coming off as a Kevin Durant....a guy who's way too sensitive and has rabbit ears...too much Twitter and ESPN shows....this ends with him being traded eventually.

Andy_M, sackexchange and BonScott like this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I never expected Maye to be a Jet longer than Adams until yesterday. Now, I believe it's an even stronger possibility. What a turn of events.

Andy_M, NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  15. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Tom Brady called. He said "Wanna come over and look at some accomplishments"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Adams may be one of the best safety’s in The NFL, he’s right on that. The problem lies on that he’s assuming a great safety is worth a great an or great pass rushing D lineman, which it is obviously not.

NCJetsfan, BonScott and BudJet like this.
  17. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I’m starting to dislike him..Also, I’m questioning his intellect..Even if they did shop him, how can he blame them?

Fialry simple no? Bad teams cash out good players for picks to start over. And as he so humbly said, he’s the best there is and can fetch a King’s ransom.

Look are we sure he’s resigning anyway? Doubt it..not to mention, Maye is better.

ship him out

BudJet likes this.
  18. Im tired of his antics.Yeah he hates losing but he takes it to a detrimental level.If he cant handle the GM doing his job & continues to be a distraction we dont need his crap.

Hes not Donald or the cheater QB.Get over yourself.

Andy_M, NCJetsfan, BudJet and 4 others like this.
  19. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Robby & Bell get it, why can't Adams. Robby & Bell both are thankfull & said they are just glad to still be a Jet. Kudos to Robby & Bell.

WR Robby Anderson says he's thankful he didn't get traded. "It means the world to me," he said. Anderson said he had a "weird feeling" before Sunday's game, and again in the Monday team meeting, knowing there was a chance he could be dealt. He said GM Joe Douglas kept him apprised of the situation so he wouldn't misconstrue media reports.

#999 BudJet, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Andy_M, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  20. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Simple answer: diva-like ego. He thinks he's such an unquestionably great player that the Jets couldn't even entertain the notion of trading him. He's ready to model for his bust at Canton right now. He can't understand how the Jets apparently do not value him as much as he values himself, and he takes it as a personal insult. Recall how shocked OBJ was when the Giants traded him.