Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Fixed for you.

Ralebird and stinkyB like this.
  2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Douglas just said "Christopher deserves better than 1-6".
    Fuck that.

He's the idiot who hired this idiot as head coach, so he deserves whatever he gets.
    What he should have said is "Our fans deserve better than 1-6".

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Those are ESPECIALLY WORSE!

truthbtold likes this.
  4. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Here's Gase's take on the 1-6 start (link below):

“The way we look at it is this is a process. This is our first year of the program. These are the kind of things that happen in the first year.”

WTF? Gase went 10-6 in his first season at Miami. Rex went 9-7 in his first year here, and Bowles went 10-6. Actually, this looks more like happened when Gase wore out his welcome in Miami in his second and third years and went 6-10 and 7-9. Gee, maybe he's already worn out his welcome in Florham Park.

By the way, did anyone hear Gase on Michael Kay's show? I'm curious if Kay lobbed up softballs or if he asked any tough questions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...se-says-growing-pains-happen-in-first-season/

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Gase doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt given that he's not a first time HC and somehow landed a HC job with us weeks after his first HC gig ended on a bad note.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, first of all it's not "what stupid Vegas says about anything" it's that such a practice is so common in bad gamblers that they have a term for it. The general public also has terms for it like "wishful thinking."

Sam Darnold is an unknown quantity today. He may have the potential to be a great one and may have been hurt by a bad line and bad coaching but there is a very real possibility that he is simply not the guy we want him to be. Andrew Luck's experience is not indicative of what Darnold's will be but only serves to illustrate how no two quarterbacks are the same, just as no two or three Mannings are the same. We don't need to look at the experience of Luck, we need only to look at the success of the Jets with guys like Sanchez and Hackenburg to see the problems with putting all one's eggs in one basket.

Your confidence in Darnold is, I believe, premature. Bringing in another quarterback would not be giving up on Darnold, it would be keeping options open while the financial end would allow it. Lest we fear messing with his emotional makeup by creating a competition, a QB unwilling to compete for his job is not the guy I want to lead a team. If there is a number one or two draft choice in the future of the New York Jets the team needs to use it to give them another chance at developing the all elusive franchise quarterback. Using such a pick on a lineman to protect a Siemien or Fales will not drag the Jets out of the basement. A good first round quarterback, just not quite as good as another, becomes the bank account to finance multiple positions of need.

I'm pretty sure you know you don't need to preach to me about the shortcomings of Adam Gase so I'm well aware that Darnold has not been whispered to in any language he understands. And I'd add Montana, Namath and Elway to your Rodgers and Brady citation.

7. Ralebird

Read it again. No one suggested giving up on Darnold. My suggestion was to give the Jets two chances rather than one.

8. Ralebird

Okay, Jonny, tell us why his hiring was not a mistake to begin with. Tell us how he was qualified for the position. Tell us what he has done to confirm those reasons he was hired.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

7 games too many.
    How much more do you need to see?

PabloJa likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, listening to Joe Douglas and even Bell's video, no way Gase is going anywhere any time soon. Get used to the crazy eyes! I have been fine with him, but when I heard Bell and Adams could be traded, I lost it today because that felt like a Gase move. Hopefully the Jets can win a few games, starting with Miami on Sunday, to get some good faith back with the fans. If Gase continues to lose, I don't see how you can justify bringing him back, but I think that is the plan right now. No need to say FIRE GASE anymore. Not happening.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! You think drafting a QB with the #1 pick in the draft means the Jets aren't giving up on Sam Darnold? That's one of the funnies and yet dumbest things I've ever seen on this forum. Sometimes I think you just like to say ridiculous things to stir the pot or argue for the sake of arguing. Your position has zero merit. If the Jets draft a QB with the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft, Sam Darnold is done as a Jet. No one here or anywhere else that knows one thing about football will agree with you on that! Even drafting a QB with their #1 pick somewhere lower in the first round would be giving up on Darnold, and some would even say that drafting a QB in the 2nd round would be giving up on Darnold.

My confidence in Darnold could be premature, but he's only 22, so it's way premature to think about drafting another QB high. They should definitely try to sign a quality backup with starting experience, but they have too many other needs to use a pick on a QB.

No two QBs or situations are the same, but one can and should still learn from other situations. We know that no QB can withstand a beating. They get injured or get gun shy. That's just common sense.

You're also wrong that the Jets can't win with a strong OL, solid D, strong rushing attack and a game manager QB. It's been done many times. It's harder now with the NFL being more of a passing league, but they can establish a winning culture, learn how to win, and then trade up and draft another QB once that happens.

12. HomeoftheJets

FIRE GASE. :mad::mad::mad:

13. NCJetsfan

Sorry, have to disagree with you on this one. I think there are plenty of reasons why firing Gase is a perfectly reasonable move to make right now. The offense has been a joke, he has made few, if any changes of note, his blocking scheme sucks, his playcalling sucks, he's not utilizing Bell properly, he could be ruining Sam. Need I go on?

PabloJa and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm flying down to Miami for the game (only because I made the plans during offseason and too late to back out :eek:)

I may just root for the Fish, god help me!

Pepsiguy5 and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. Ralebird

Well that's simply because you don't have the capacity to comprehend and consider what has been written but would rather inject your own opinion into that of others and it would take an act of Congress and a small army to pry you out of that tight little box in which you have sealed yourself. This is no different than your hard core, relentless defense of Gase.

Until you finally gave it up.

Acad23 likes this.
  16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

So instead of drafting a LT to help our franchise QB, you want to draft ANOTHER QB and let either one of them get slaughtered behind this OL.

Jets81, PabloJa and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I know, and a QB controversy is a great problem for a team to have. But two problems exist with taking a QB in the first round, at least from what I've seen:
    1) None of the top guys seem like top notch, can't miss prospects.
    2) It would be pointless to get a QB who is going to suffer the same problems as Darnold behind the same shitty line.

I'd say give Darnold time behind a good line, and if by next year he's still no good and now with no excuse, then we look to move on.

For now, OL, edge rusher, and CB need to be our top priorities.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO!!! Right whatever. I don't know why I've kept trying to have a civil conversation with you when most here have already given up, but it doesn't matter. Since you feel that way, I'll spare you any further of my posts, and spare myself talking to someone who is so ignorant and dense that I'm surprised he can find his way onto the internet. Have fun talking to yourself, except for the occasional insults and attacks you get from others.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We agree! Haha. I said he needs to go earlier today. I am just saying it is not going to happen, so no need to waste our breath or time typing about it.

20. HomeoftheJets

I'm not going to let Douglas's press conference and Bell's heartwarming tweet distract me from the most embarrassing offense I've ever seen. :mad::mad::mad: