2019 NFL Week 9: New York Jets at Miami Dolphins Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 28, 2019.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

-The Dolphins just traded Drake.

-They are playing tonight on Monday Night Football so they have a short week.

-They actually don't want to win and are tanking.

-Return of Adam Gase to Miami so an important game for him.

So the question is: Can the Jets even win this game? :confused:

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

It would be fitting if the Dolphins & Fitzmagic ended the Adam Gase experiment.

PabloJa, stinkyB and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It would be so Jets like to lose this game. I wouldn't be shocked by a win or a loss.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The question for me isn't if the Jets can even win this game, it is "Do I even want the Jets to win this game?". They are beyond brutal to watch at this point and it is so sad to see Darnold take steps backwards. Ws or Ls don't matter to me anymore, I just want to watch good football.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

if the Jets lose this one, it will be absolutely inexcusable

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Anyone want to guess the actual attendance for this one. My guess is 40,000 tops and that's being kind.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

For that reason i am rooting against them.

8. grkmanga31

Against the dolphins? or the jets?

9. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

The real question is which team actually wants to win. Both teams are looking good in the draft order right now. Besides developing players does either team benefit from winning?

Nobody likes losing, but nobody hates a top 5 draft choice either, that we can trade back for more picks. Plus if you want Gase fired the more he loses the closer he comes to getting axed. So losing games is actually a win-win for those who want Gase gone and a top draft pick.

NYJetsO12 and grkmanga31 like this.
  10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm already in year 4 of the Bowles era were I'm rooting for embarrassing loses just to get the coach out of here.

NYJetsO12 and PabloJa like this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would not be shocked if we lose or if we win by 40 points. I have no idea what to expect. The Dolphins are epically bad and a team that everyone should blow out. But, we should have blown JAX out on Sunday too. I just hope we protect Sam better with the playcalls and let him regroup mentally. He had ups and downs last year but with the exception of the Browns game he never lost his pocket presence and ability to extend plays. Reset his confidence and the season has some meaning. At this point I could care less if we beat the Dolphins i just want to see things stabilize with Sam.

nicg4360 likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

Sam really could see ghosts this week as Miami was the site of his worst game of his rookie season. However, maybe he can avenge those ghosts and start to turn things around. I get everyone talking about the 2020 draft, wanting a high pick, and clearly the playoffs are out of the question at (1-6), but I think the Jets need to start winning just for their own player's mindsets. Can't go (3-13) and expect to suddenly win 12 games in 2020. There are 9 games left, it is a pretty soft schedule, I think they really need to go (5-4) the rest of the way just so they can learn to win before it matters again next September.

ManchesterChris likes this.
  13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the Dolphins so we can end the Gase experiment. I wish we knew what Douglas and the Johnson's are thinking. I know last year fans were upset with Bowles. It feels different this year. Like if Gase isn't gone soon fans might do something. Could be wrong but feels much different. We're much angrier.

The Dark Knight and grkmanga31 like this.
  14. The Dark Knight

I think the difference is expectations. Going into Year 4 with Bowles, no one expected much. In fact, many assumed he would be fired, and he was. With Gase, it was supposed to be this fresh new start. Possible playoff push with all the new additions. Instead they are (1-6), so the fans should be and are, much angrier.

AJT73 likes this.
  15. grkmanga31

I was furious when we hired Gase and had a very bad feeling about him. It has come to fruition and yes the fan base is far angrier because the jets tried to sell the fans this rejuvinated, young jet team, with an offensive guru taking Darnold to new heights. Obviously, it has been the exact opposite and now instead of progressing, Darnold has regressed.

If we lose against the Dolphins, Jets fans are going to make the rest of the season a nightmare while at metlife

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I think the Jets win this one. In 7 games against tough opponents, the Jets have a -107 point differential. So outscored by 15.3 points per game. Whereas the Dolphins have a -148 point differential in just 6 games. So outscored by 24.7 points per game. The Jets are 4-12 bad, the Dolphins are 1-15 bad. Though you never know, the Dolphins one win could come against us.

Pepsiguy5 and The Dark Knight like this.
  17. The Dark Knight

We will have a better idea of Miami watching the game tonight. I honestly have not seen much of them this season, besides highlights (lowlights).

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they are bad. really bad. Fitz is Fitz though, he has the uncanny ability to win or lose the game all by himself no matter who he's playin with

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think a good barometer is the silence you're hearing from both Douglas and Johnson about this awful situation. Neither one has come out to support Gase so far and that should have "the Whisperer" just a bit concerned. Chris Johnson actually said that Gase is coaching where the NFL is headed? Man, talk about a plate full of crow. The last thing the FO/Ownership wants to see is airplanes and banners again in the news but they are well on their way to exactly that unless things get turned around PDQ.

20. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

If we lose to the dolphins, Gase shouldn't be allowed on the plane or even back in the locker room when the final whistle blows. Let him uber to the airport and buy his own ticket