Priority #1 for Douglas : Build Darnold an OL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 27, 2019.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Not to the same level but he was pressured a bit today and the Jets had a tough time getting him to the ground. Sam can’t evade the rush like he can and with a line this bad, a mobile QB can work wonders.

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

To be fair, the Patriots hold more than the rest of the league combined, but they're allowed, because reasons.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Darnold will be a bust unless the Jets get themselves a quality OL. It should be the #1 priority in the offseason. #2 should be getting a true #1 receiver. This is also why I hate the idea of a team drafting a FQB without a quality OL for him to walk into. Even Sanchez had studs on his OL when he got drafted.

#43 LeonNYJ, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  4. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

The last 2 weeks have reminded me of his bowl game against Ohio St in the 2017 Cotton bowl. This Jets line just might be worse than that one.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not like what Sam saw. Not even close. Russell Wilson is the only an I can think of that would have had a chance.

stinkyB and joe like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gase will ruin Darnold long before JD ever assembles an O LINE

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And then you have to have their replacement already in mind.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

When I compared our offseason and Sam to what the Jets did to Ken O people got pissed ... and here we are with a young QB running for his life and racking up injury after injury. History is repeating it self in the worst possible way. Fuck Mac for ignoring the line for 4 years, fuck Gase and his system not getting open receivers, and fuck the Johnsons for letting it happen.

at this point I can’t tell if I scout players for the draft because it’s an enjoyable hobby or because I’m a jets fan and we always have high draft picks.

ColoradoContrails, AJW and stinkyB like this.
  9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I do it because its basically the only enjoyment I get out of following the NFL - my season basically is draft season

sackexchange, jco2007 and Harpua like this.
  10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

draft season is over, time for draft season

dmw and PabloJa like this.
  11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

This is a steaming pile of shit on so many levels.
    8 sacks. Bell: 2.9 yds. per carry. When your QB gets sacked on play action that alone should tell you something.
    But like you inferred, if only Darnold were a mobile QB, that would work wonders.
    The emo Game Thread's closed; no need for you @forevercursed @LongIslandBlitz et al to keep talking out your ass.

MJK likes this.
  12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

But a sack's a sack, you should know that. . ; )

Was the Jets (infrequent) pass rush collapsing the middle of the Jags pocket? .... i.e. did the Jags' overwhelmed center leave the game injured?
    Even trying to put the respective levels of QB pressure in relative terms is disingenuous horse shit.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

could be worse - could have had Kyle Allen's day

14. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

He’s not the problem? Lol. He’s at least a big part of the problem. Throws 5 yards high on about 60% of his passes. He is so inaccurate and makes terrible decisions. I know it’s hard to hear, but he is not a franchise QB. You can throw it in my face in 5 years if he is still the QB and lighting up defenses. I think that is highly unlikely, but I’d be glad to eat crow.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Kyle Allen’s day today is about a typical Sammy day. At least he was 4-0 before he had a Sam-like day...

16. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Wow!!! Give Douglas some time. What have you wanted him to do that he hadn't to send him packing? Enlighten me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

JD is 0/1 in finding an upgrade at C. :mad::mad::mad:

18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I just finished watching the game. My analysis remains the same as it did week 1. The Jets are just incapable of giving Darnold enough time. The Jets had a few decent pass plays today where they ran quick passes and Sam's first option was open. If you take out those 7 or 8 plays where the ball comes out almost immediately almost EVERY other play Sam was under either withering pressure at best, or sacked at worst with very few exceptions.

This is an "if you can't breathe nothing else matters" situation. Nobody can do anything on offense in the NFL with the kind of pressure the Jets QB's are getting.

The situation was already extremely shaky and then to have Kalil and Osemele end up being complete meltdowns, lose your starting LT to injury who wasn't that good to begin with.... what a god damn disaster.

Also as an aside, today made drafting Q over Josh Allen look like a potentially bad mistake didn't it?

NYJetsO12, gajetsfan, MJK and 5 others like this.
  19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It was a bad mistake the second the 3rd pick was announced. Another interior DL when we had a big need for an edge rusher.

20. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

How many sacks has this OL give up this season? 8 today? The comparisons to sanchez and geno piss me off, I wish Sam had the luxury of having Mangold and Ferguson on his OL.

Harpua, SOJAZ, Pepsiguy5 and 5 others like this.