Kelechi Osemele Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’s laughable that people think Douglas should lose his job over this.

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I just want to fast forward to March when we dont sign just 1 offensive linemen who is injured/can't snap a ball/extremely mediocre on another team and call it a day. Thats been the Jets modus operandi for years now.

3. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

It astounds me that some of you still side with the organization over things like this. For the better part of 15+ years there has been a pattern of incompetence from the top and yet somehow people still defend the team.

alleycat9 and BrowningNagle like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

15 years are completely irrelevant here. this guy was injured with his former team, was perfectly fine until he started shitting the bed and the season was basically lost after week three. If you can’t see what was going on here then that’s on you not the team.

5. cmcm750203

I really should stop reading after this. So let’s walk through this:
    A. Jets trade for a player, do a physical and either know he’s injured and make the trade anyway or don’t think the injury is severe enough to kill it. So I think the 15 years is relevant.
    B. Injury seems to get worse as the season goes on. Team forces player to play through injections and wrapping the injury even though the player indicates worsening.
    C. Player is now a backup (probably because his arm is fucked) and wants to have surgery which is recommended on second opinion and team says no...because?
    This is incompetence at its finest. I never understood why people would ever side with an organization over an injured player who could be cut and paid nothing if they have no kind of guaranteed money in their contract.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Sometimes players can pass physicals even when injured when a huge pay day is coming depending on the severity of the injury. I would put my money on the Jets team doctors over his personal doctors, who will almost always take the patients side and believe anything the patient says. The Jets doctors have much more at stake and have to be fair and balanced or else they can cost the team a lot of money and draft picks. This guy is coming off as a money hungry snake and couldn’t give a shit about his team and all about himself in my opinion. Screw him.

Mr mittens likes this.
  7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Good riddance.

I hope the Jets beat him in court.

8. cmcm750203

I get the reality of the situation regarding his doctors vs. the team, I do. I’m just done with giving this team the benefit of the doubt on anything given how they’ve operated over the years. I get that nothing like THIS has happened before but I’m still not convinced they did nothing wrong here.

9. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. This organization lost the benefit of the doubt a looooong time ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmcm750203 and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So it was by "his design"...

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah, exactly. the Jets organization doesnt deserve the benefit of the doubt here

jets_fan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I guess it depends how one looks at it. He has 6 trophy’s - we all know at least some of them are tainted between deflating balls and spying on other teams signals. The NFL recognized this both times. We all know bogus calls go in the Patriots favor - usually at crucial times. Is it because it’s an inside job? Or is it because since they are constantly high in the standings they are simply given the benefit of the doubt? Last month during the TNF game between Tennessee and Jacksonville Brady actually complained about all of the penalties during the first half on Twitter . Guess what happened in the second half? You got it- less flags.

Let’s not forget this is the same guy who is 43 years old and is able to dive into the line of scrimmage on 4th and 1 and come up signaling first down on more than one occasion. No he’s not on performance enhancing drugs. (wink wink)

Whatever goes on up there doesn’t smell right but with today’s atmosphere between the kneeling, the politics, and all of these ridiculous rule changes ( affecting all teams ) it’s kind of an afterthought.

So basically if you live in NE Kraft is God - there was no cheating and if there was they have the “ trophy “ so it doesn’t matter.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hey...I hate the Patriots as much as the as much as the next angry Jet fan...but not because they cheat.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

B and C is all speculation in your part at this point.