Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Because social media highlights the fact that most (not all) people basically suck and are douchebags at heart.

Biggs and Ajitator like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Oh champ. If you only understood the situation.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  3. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Just saying how I felt watching the game. The 24 yard run was a scramble from #14 on a broken play. Our last 2 possessions only took 5 mins off the clock. I would have liked to see some more sustained drives here or at least the ability to run some time off the clock. Just my 2c. Like I said, I didn't feel super awesome like some people did coming out of that game. I know I'm in the minority.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Yet a 9 play 74 yard drive coming out of halftime gets the comment no halftime adjustments.

FJF likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

1 - 6 ? Doug Marrone says thanks

grkmanga31 likes this.
  6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

This is important:

Kelechi Osemele Loves Asian Cuisine:

7. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

The guy it should have been is Matt Rhule--he's a proven culture builder and leader of men. He learned under Coughlin and is well respected.

I can't believe we let someone of his caliber leave because Christopher Johnson thinks he has the know how to build his own staff. That is bananas!

Now it will be tougher than ever to attract a good HC, lower cap space, toxic media culture, questions if Darnold is the guy and terrible owners.

NYJetsO12 and grkmanga31 like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's exploiting the facts to say "he learned under Coughlin." He coached with Coughlin for a year and that's his only experience in the pro's. He's obviously a great college coach and will get his shot in the NFL but it's easy to understand why the Jets didn't want to make that leap with a guy whose only coaching success resides in the AAC conference.

With that being said, I watch a lot of Baylor games and they're awesome. Play calling is great and the gameplans are really molded around their strengths. Players are definitely put in the right position to succeed there. But I do get why we didn't want to hire a small time college head coach

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I am not claiming either of these guys are ideal candidates but I am claiming they would be better than today's backup.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

The bigger problem with Gase is that Frank Pollack (offensive line coach) keeps taking the alternate spread in favor of the Jets opponent.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There was so much good talked about with pollack this offseason. I can’t believe the line looks like this right now..

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

He probably can't believe it either to be honest. Proof that coaches can't always work magic though. He had the best talent base in the league in his time in Dallas and has dogshit here. Including a whiney left guard that doesn't want to play with a sore shoulder and a 35 year old center that should've stayed retired.

We really never realized how good we had it with Mangold and Brick. There were other good lineman we had but you could really fill and dump as many players as you wanted in between them. Except for Wayne Hunter of course at right tackle...

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IMO we had at least 4 weak links on the line ( possibly all 5 positions ) and we patched 2 of the positions with garbage ----at the time I thought Kahlil was a good signing under the circumstances ( I was wrong ) and I never liked the OSEMELE trade from day 1 ,that said how anyone thought this line would be serviceable this year regardless of the coaching is beyond me. As you posted look what Pollack worked with in Dallas and look at these clowns he has to deal with here. Joe Douglas has his work cut out for him I really hope this guy has a pulse and knows what he is doing.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

This ONE thing makes Gase one of the best all time head coaches of the Jets:

He got rid of McCagnan, who was then replaced with Douglas!

I love Gase!

15. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

I know Mac was to blame, it does not matter who did it . We own it

Ralebird likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The bold is very true, and yet regardless of who the owner has been, the Jets have managed to get both wrong over 90% of the time. Amazing, isn't it? You'd think that if by nothing else, they'd get it right more often by accident or pure dumb luck. Leon Hess had and the Johnsons have an incredible knack for finding and hiring the most incompetent individuals out there. If there's a HOF for incompetence and/or losers, Leon Hess and the Johnsons belong at the head of the class.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

They'd cost a lot more too!

Acad23 likes this.
  18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Fuck Gase

sorry but he did not earn his attitude

He’s a quitting whiney bitch

Who could rally around that?

19. Ralebird

Could this have been the origin of the term "you get what you pay for?"

20. Ralebird

Gase going through the training room. I can see it now, like Patton going through the field hospital.

NCJetsfan likes this.