Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Perfect example of the bolded is the opener press conference where he looked like a psychopath with his eyes and then 30 minutes later in an environment on The Michael Kay Show. It was a day and night type difference. Like you said, I just want injury updates on the coach on who is practicing. I couldn't give a shit what he says or doesn't say or how he acts to the media, fuck em.

Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  2. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

In June maybe they are an option. End of September conditioning wise they are six months behind. Cutler has been out of the league awhile and was awful his last few years. It'd be pick 6 city with him.

Kapernick again if he had an offseason maybe but he hasn't played in 3 years. I agree though the options are awful and I see why you'd want to bring them in. On a side note and I don't want to get political but if Kapernick came back it wouldn't be with the Jets. Who is Woody Johnson's boss right now. Don't think it'd happen here.

3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Let's hope Osemele has been lying about everything.
    If not, Douglas is going to take a big hit . Not reporting the injury , sending blank, then wrong MRIs. The league will hammer us .
    Don't even want to think about the penalty.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yup. Imagine suing your employer over a workers compensation issue and wondering why the Operations Manager overseeing you doesn't swing by to see how your bullshit sprained ankle is.

People just want to pour on Gase. He's socially awkward in front of cameras. But let's see if he wins some games before we rush to judgement. Todd Bowles was a god here through week 16. By the end of week 17 he was sentenced to death. Too much rushing to judgement.

Biggs and FJF like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The independent doctor said he could play as well... Osemele was going to keep going to doctors until one of them was down to collect the money and said sure let's do surgery.

FJF likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Some dr on Twitter that speculates in sport’s injuries suggested that it’s a pre existing condition. Saw the report and says the presence of a cyst tells him that the injury is old. So , Douglas maybe in the right. I can’t imagine someone risking so much just to save cap space, especially knowing that everything is going to come out eventually. The first thing I winder about in situations like this is who has the most motivation. Obviously ,in this case it’s the player.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What about it? You have no clue what went on or what goes on in the work place on a day to day basis and neither do I.

I get people hate Gase. I get people hate Todd Bowles and every other coach who didn't win enough to make them happy. I get that all of these guys have shortcomings as coaches and people just like you and I do. That said all of them and especially Gase are working practically 24/7 to turn this horribly constructed team into something resembling a mediocre NFL football team. If he doesn't do it he's a dead man walking as a professional NFL HC. As it should be.

This whole thread is a bitch fest based on rumor and innuendo. Gase is going to live or die based on actual results on the field. So far he hasn't done very well. So what about it? You and most of this board are whinny bitches when it comes to the HC and this thread is proof of the complete lack of human decency when it comes to a HC who isn't producing. What's the proof that he isn't producing, he's not compassionate enough to an injured player to your liking but you're so compassionate your piling on the head coach for his lack of compassion. This thread is embarrassing.

FJF likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

While I agree that Douglas should have been front and center on this, Gase is hardly facing the firing squad.

9. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Compassion is worthless I want someone who seems like they can handle adversity and criticism and react accordingly. This press conference is just the latest example of what seems like his inability to talk with people who have difference of opinions. There's plenty of evidence this year to back this statement up even if you completely remove the OK incident.

Unrelated; Why do people feel the need on this thread to attack people / each other and not talk about the content? I'm starting to remember why I stopped coming/posting here.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That makes sense, but that's different from Gase not having spoken with Osemele at all since he was injured (which is what you were claiming earlier). That's what my point was, not that he is a bad person because he wasn't holding Osemele's hand or calling him every day.

11. Ajitator

I do believe that during your career you're going to need to talk to and disagree with people you don't like. Everything I've read both before he was hired and after is that he is not known for bridging relationships and talking with players once things have gone sour. While I'm sure some of this is overstated you can see from these conversation he has with people that he doesn't want to talk to that he doesn't treat them with respect. I've never been on an NFL team so maybe things are different at that level but as an adult, based on the evidence i have, I wouldn't really like working with the guy.

That the sample size with Sam and Gase being too small is actually a decent glimmer,. But it's a small one, and it's dwindling every week.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Go back and watch 10 years of BB press conferences.

Why is it okay for you to attack the HC because you don't like how he answered a question but it's not okay to challenge your opinion? If you want to chime in and you can't take some criticism of your opinions you're clearly not a leader of men.

FJF likes this.
  13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Look all of U making such a big deal about this here is a simple solution since our season is done yes done so it is time to look ahead so just IR Ose then the at seasons end cut him end of problem since he will in no way contribute anymore to this season :mad:

14. Ajitator

What about them. He doesn't get into childish squabbles with the press. If he doesn't want to answer a question he gives them a terse answer and moves on.

"I'm gonna coach the players at practice if you have any questions about players that are practicing I can answer them" -- Have heard him say this dozens of times.

Because you know nothing about me and have never seen me interact with anyone. Fortunately for me part of my job is not to get in front of Press like this. Unfortunately for Gase it's part of his job.

Also because I didn't call him a "Whiney Bitch" like you did to the entire board who doesn't agree with you. Again stop attacking the people and have a discussion about the content. If you don't want to discuss the content don't come into the thread. Why is that so hard?

TonyFtLaud, Ralebird and BacktoQueens like this.
  15. FJF

I mean, if we are going to be captain literal about this. That’s the point where gase probably started considering him injured and not hurt.
    Injured meaning he can’t play, hurt he can.
    my pint still remains the same. Once these guys are in the training room and not the meeting rooms they are ghosts (probably a bad week for this comparison) to the hc. These guys are so tunnel visioned and so anal about not wasting time that it’s very much out of sight out of mind.

16. FJF

Really? Dwindling every week? Didn’t seem that way after the cowboys game. How about we just chill and add it all up at the end of the year . This week to week temperature taking is what leads to knee jerk, emotional takes.

17. Ajitator

To me,. yes. While I was in the minority among my friends. I was unhappy with him after the Dallas game as well. His play calling was suspect and Sam bailed him out with a couple good plays. We lost the second half of that game, BADLY. Adjustments were made at half by the Cowboys and we had no answers and only scored 3 points.

Acad23 likes this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I did comment on the content. My comment is this is a worthless bitch fest that has zero to do with Gase as the HC. BB treats the press with abject contempt most of the time and the only reason he comes off as mildly less than pond scum is because he can get away with it because he wins.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We had 3 drives in the second half. Sam threw an INT in the end-zone to kill one drive and missed badly on a third down play to kill another drive. The three points on the third drive won the game. On 4 second half drives we punted once, set up a TD and scored on a FG.

Sam didn't bail out Gase he screwed up a 9 play 74 yard drive with a terrible pick.

FJF likes this.
  20. FJF

2nd half
    9 play 75 yard drive ended with a Sam int on a good read bad throw-
    5 play 8 yard drive killed by a holding penalty on shell after a 24 yard run
    7 play 57 yard game deciding fg.
    Jets moved the ball all game. Only player mistakes kept that game close. Well, and 3 straight tick tack dpi calls.

Jonathan_Vilma and Biggs like this.