Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

For a team that spent over 100 million in free agents with a franchise qb you need to win 5 of these game against the worst teams in the NFL.

Yorkshire Jet likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I really could not care any less about how coaches handle the press conferences. Wins and losses are all that matters. I know the New York media tries to be part of the story but seriously, fuck them. All I need from them is an injury report and maybe an interesting backstory on a player here and there. Other than that, I’m good. If the coach wants to sit there and preach like herm, so be it. Dead pan and give nothing answers like Mangini, that’s fine. Boast and brag like Rex, don’t care. Do whatever it was the Bowles did. Whatever. Win fucking games. The rest is bullshit .

3. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

What has Douglas done so far ? His record for the Jets is as bad as Gase, He overpaid a center to come out of retirement (spent months working on it) and he sucks. What else has he done

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

He came in late, what do you expect him to do? Top tier OL don't get traded. You can't evaluate a GM without giving them an offseason.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

So do you think he handles conversations and relationships differently behind close doors? Seems to me he just doesn't know how to handle people and/or confrontation. Both of which IMO are kind of crucial to leading a team of anything ( work groups, soccer teams, footballs teams.. whatever ). If he's not a people person he needs to be an X's and O's person. He's been out coached in every game we've played so far, and then has trotted out the same poor excuses and/or thrown our players under the bus.

And to your point he's not winning either, And isn't a winning coach. So what's his pass or where's the glimmer of hope in your eyes?

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Douglas is currently beyond reproach because he's the only hope the Jets have left now that Darnold is longer beyond reproach.

All Gas No Shake, TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The glimmer of hope is that it really can only get better from here. We hit rock bottom vs. New England. Let's see what he does moving forward before he gets fried 6 games in.

It's actually kind of funny that everyone riding Gase into the ground about this Osemele stuff has been in NFL locker rooms and meeting rooms and KNOWS the interactions they should and shouldn't have with everyone on the 53 man roster. Especially when it comes to a player that will be placed on IR shortly and likely suing the team.

Osemele's the guy who is fucking us. You're all just using this as a good excuse to hate on Gase because he hates the media and he shows it.

KurtTheJetsFan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Between the Kalil overpay, and this Osemele handling, it may be time to consider reproach.

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This times a million. These controversies are fucking meaningless when you're winning football games, just look at New England. SpyGate, DeflateGate, criminals on their team like Aaron Hernandez, mental headcases like AB, and signing someone like Donte Stallworth who killed somebody in a DUI accident. We NEVER hear about it because all they do is win up there. What would the narrative of this team be if they beat Buffalo week 1 and didn't get abused on national TV?

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I love that this post somehow has an English accent :p

And I agree he does come across as a right cockhead!

K'OB likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's my point. He was hired late. FA and the draft were already over. At that point, there's not a lot he could have done except waste draft picks trading for players. He had to make a couple of moves to try to improve the OL and CB position. He shouldn't have done anything else. He needs to acquire more draft picks and cap space, not burn more money on older, over-the-hill FAs.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That was Mac that burned all of that money and wasted draft picks. You really should do some homework before opening your mouth and making yourself look ignorant.

PabloJa and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

This is the one sport that BOTH the GM and head coach are so essential to a team's success that you can't get it wrong. It's almost (ALMOST) getting to a point now where I almost am conflicted about whether to root for them or not because I do not want this coach back. They have a weak schedule, and I fear he will string some wins together against the Dolphins/Redskins and make believers out of the Johnsons.

That gets to the real underlying issue...the Johnsons.

When you're rooting for your team to lose because you're afraid of your owners, that is a bad state of affairs.

Oh the pain.

PabloJa, SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

"TBD"....to be determined

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

So what about the 3 weeks prior to him filing the grievance when they were face to face every day?

Ralebird likes this.
  16. FJF

Do I think he has better conversations in private settings then in front of people he obviously doesn’t want to talk to? I don’t think that’s a stretch. Do you? And if so why?
    As to the glimmer of hope, he is 1-2 with Sam with one loss being the mono game where he still had Sam play as good as any qb that played buffalo this year. I don’t care about the other 2 games because beli and the ghost of Lombardi couldn’t have made falk a legit qb. Gase is here to win and develop Sam. Right now the sample size on whether he can do it or not is too small to judge.

#1316 FJF, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Biggs, dawinner127 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Great point, said the same earlier
    But the majority of the fan base believes Douglas will be the savior of the franchise come the weekend of
    April 23-25. You know, based on all his prior draft sucess

FJF likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Exactly. And I'm unsure why everyone is so upset that he isn't having heart to hearts with a player that has quit on our team and franchise almost immediately after we traded for him...

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  19. FJF

Doesn’t matter now, it’s going to lawyers so no statements will be made . He really should have been in front of this a week ago.

20. FJF

If I had to guess, I would think gase and osemele probably haven’t talked since right after the time where he started disagreeing with the docs about whether he could play. At that point a coach is done and it’s an front office/hr issue.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.