Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fair enough. We can agree to disagree. I'm not holding Gase to a different standard. I would expect any HC to care enough about his players to contact them when injured. That would only take a few minutes.

Donttasemebro likes this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Gase's job is slowly ebbing away....drip by drip. Even if the Jets win some games coming up against bad teams. I'm thinking Gase is going to be a one and out...….wrong guy for the wrong organization.

SOJAZ and Donttasemebro like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I like the "get the fuck out " part

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THIS x 1000. How could the guy learn from his mistakes when he probably never felt it was his fault in Miami to begin with !

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

EXACTLY this ass clown has NOT changed one bit from coaching in Miami and he did not learn from his mistakes there. The Johnsons hired him so quickly that Gase probably believes he had nothing to do with the disaster in Miami ugh we are stuck with this jack ass

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Honestly. Everyone needs to let this play out with Gase. The next 12 games will tell us everything we need to know about him.

I'm usually not a fan of rushing to judgement on coaches before they get two years. The only reason I'm willing to do so is because we have a potential franchise quarterback that we really can't fuck up.

This season has been a dumpster fire for Gase though. He loses his starting QB and ILB immediately for the first four games. Maccagnan let's our kicker walk and we lose week one as a result because the new GM is left scrambling for it. We trade for a former pro bowl guard that comes with a pre existing injury. The entire offensive line played four snaps together if that all preseason. Two of the five offensive lineman coming into the season are hurt. Enunwa done for the season. Avery Williamson done for the season.

Why does anyone care so much if he's a dick to the media? Let's see how the team plays for him when they're essentially buried. That matters more.

dmw, KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Really? Are you saying that it is perfectly normal for coaches not to interact with injured players, even when they are in the same building? Wow, what a different world it is to actual football, the manager is pretty much in constant touch with physio and player on when he will be fit to return to the squad/team.

Even Brian that runs the Dog and Duck pub team will phone and check on his players on a Friday to make sure the pissed up cunts turn up at 10am Sunday morning.

You paint a cold world for the NFL life tbh.

donkey and Donttasemebro like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

How many players on a soccer team?
    There are 63 on a football team including the practice squad. We hear players talk about it all the time. When you’re injured it’s like you are not part of the team . You’re with the trainers and the med staff not out on the practice field or in the meetings.

on a side note, I wish I could pull off saying pissed up cunts. That is a great phrase

donkey, KurtTheJetsFan and K'OB like this.
  9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Brian's a fucking useless cunt too though. Any good Sunday league manager will be checking on his players in the dodgy local club at 2 am hoping the pissed up sods don't pull and will be there in 8 hours time and he doesn't have to call up Fat Steve from the kebab shop (again). Scratch that, any decent Sunday league manager will be in the dodgy club with his players at 2 am pulling the dodgiest trollop in the place.

Ps. Loved your earlier rant. That's pure, authentic, northern gibberish. I barely understood a word.

Pps. Aware this may fly right over the heads of many. Apologies.

K'OB and Ajitator like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I don't know who's out there ready to go but Siemian was eliminated a month ago, there are ten games left to play and the Jets do not have a viable backup on their roster. My particular preferences are immaterial but yes, either Cutler or Kaepernick would inspire more confidence than Fales. Maybe even enough to have benched Darnold on Monday in the third quarter as he and everything around him was melting down. I just have to believe there are a handful of guys available who have actually started an NFL game.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

See your points on all the adversity they've had but I think the objections to Gase were more about "being a dick/indifferent to one of your players who is injured" than it was how he treated the media.

it'd be nice if the coach was rising to the occasion instead of being a pouty, bug-eyed man baby.

downside: they're a floundering trash team and game days are a nightmare

upside: it's mildly entertaining the rest of the week

12. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

What did Gabby Johnson say about it?

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  13. K'OB

An official squad of 25 with as many u21's as you want so realistically say 35 or if he was a truely immersive manager then there is the ED's squad an elite youth set up, then there is the normal u18 squad.

So you expect me to believe that Sam was persona non grata while he was off with Mono, Gase didn't keep in contact with him, I am sure we both know that isn't true.

So what is the difference apart from one is Gase's hopes and dreams for the future and the other am alleged malingerer?

I hope you can fit it in somewhere, generally best on a Saturday night :D

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not as generous as yourself when it comes to Gase's performance.
    Gases's petulance would have shitty optics if we were 6-0...but it's the least of his problems.

He can't get his offense to work...even with Sam back.
    Like someone said here...maybe Ralebird...god bless his hardened little heart...the Cowboy game is the outlier.

What we saw against the Patriots is closer to who we are.

Turnover prone.
    Unable to convert 3rd downs.
    Unable to protect the qb.
    Unable to push the ball upfield.
    No identity on offense or defense.

And a coach that thinks it's ALL on the players lack of execution.

It's painfully obvious he's in over his head as a head coach.

I could name a dozen coaches that could win games with this team...and they wouldn't blame the players when they lose.

And btw...the Jets ARE "essentially buried".

#1274 Acad23, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  15. K'OB

Ah but Brian will also be in the dodgy local club at 2am but as player-manager he will set three alarms so he doesn't fail to get up lol

Scratch my post as you already said it, I really need to get in the habit of reading the full post before pressing reply and typing while reading the rest at the same time lol

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

That's why I said it. Knew someone would pick it up. The UK equivalent.

17. FJF

Then you’re expecting more than any coach is doing.

18. FJF

Jimmy Johnson used to tell his teams “ I am not going to treat you all equally but I will treat all of you fairly”

K'OB likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

When Cutler or Kapernick are seen as "viable" options...you know shit is bad... :confused:

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Osemele's quotes from yesterday
    "It's been difficult," Osemele said while adding that Jets had coach Adam Gase hasn't spoken to him for several weeks. "You work your ass off, you know what I mean? You think that there's good faith, but I'm trying my best to do my pre-op work and show up every day and be at meetings and do everything I need to do. Control everything that I can control."
    He also stated Douglas hasn't spoken to him since the bye week.
    He claims he has been in the meetings.
    Gase confirmed that too with his quote
    “I haven’t seen him,” Gase said. “I mean, he’s in the training room. We’re in meetings and things like that. We haven’t had any conversations.”
    Gase's office is next door to the training room. Share a common wall.
    As HC, you would think you would at least ask how are you feeling.

CBG, ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.