Kelechi Osemele Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think there was something with LB Ted Johnson and his concussions back in the day. Nothing recently that I know of though.

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I think Dan Orlovsky predicted this situation in the pre-season when he said that team leaders might lose trust in Gase due to his dishonesty.

If you have a coach with character problems who is a serial liar and never takes responsibility for his own mistakes it is a relationship that will likely end soon even if your winning. But given the way we are losing and situations like Oso where Gase is likely lying again it has the potential to fracture this team. My concern is not getting rid of Gase but effecting the development of Darnold. Joe Douglas needs to step up and be the adult here and get Gase and the team on the same page before this thing blows up. With our schedule we can make progress for next year if we can keep Gase from causing more drama.

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sadly i think that we will suffer with gase for 3 years and he will leave a path of destruction behind him. the johnsons are too dumb to realize they have a sociopath as their head coach and my only hope is that the gm that gase himself picked will be the savior.

so basically its another 5 years before we will be viable for me. which is so fucking sad. i gave herm a shot but realized he wasnt going to be able to do it. i gave mangina a chance and thought he got the ax a little too soon even though i hated the fact we hired him, i thought rex was an oaf but at least he brought some interest to the team and the last 2 hires have simply been waiting for the jets to figure it out and get rid of them.

sadly, i dont really even care at this point. i think thats a common thread amongst alot of long time jets fans. we have been driven away at every turn from the stadium, to the ownership to the hires of fo personnel to coaches to players.

K'OB and Noam like this.
  4. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

too true. i think we have hit something far worse than anger or depression......complete apathy

we have become so nub to this shit year after year that i just dont get emotionally involved at all anymore To me, that foreshadows far worse for the Johnsons than when your fans are just angry at the team. But will they do anything about it? No, and quite frankly, i think thats what we expect

alleycat9 and Noam like this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Well then.......

grkmanga31 likes this.
  6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

This situation gets weirder and weirder, Jets apparently sent the wrong (blank) MRI's to the doctors, and Kelechi admitted that he hasn't spoken to Adam Gase in weeks.

Gase being divisive again, like how he was in Miami, and this whole thing wrecks of ineptitude.

Joe Douglas needs to get this thing whole thing resolved quickly because either ways Osemele isn't on this team next season

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Jets are without a shadow of a doubt the most incompetent and dysfunctional organization in professional sports. This shit is beyond comprehension.

8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

This is going to drag on and go through appeals. If you believe Osemele , you should be calling for Douglas' ass as well as Gase's.
    If Douglas really did send blank MRIs, we could be looking at fines and forfeited first round pick. Not to mention losing $11 plus million dollars cap space next season.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. grkmanga31

I'm unsure about the ramifications. I am not happy with Douglas in this scenario, and I think tossing it up to "an honest mistake" is bullshit.

But I think there's a lot going on that none of us really know. This situation is going to get interesting

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

IF this was the case, I honestly think it's up to the fans to unite and really not support the team anymore until drastic changes are made. We are in dark times

11. TonyFtLaud

I agree but I just find it funny how if true, fans want Douglas to act on Gase, When it will have been Douglas' doing all along.
    If this turns out to be true, the league will definitely impose some tuff penalties. They have to.

12. grkmanga31

Deff possible, I don't know how the jets medical staff became this inept. The entire thing needs to be blown up, its beyond comical at this point

13. TonyFtLaud

If this is true, the team will be much more of a dumpster fire than ever.
    FAs will not sign here and any decent player will demand a trade.
    Maybe this will be what forces the Johnson's to sell.
    I still find it difficult to believe Osemele so for now it's purely hearsay.
    But it would definitely be the last straw for many fans. Myself included.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What the hell is a "Blank" MRI? It's either an image or it isnt..... :confused:

K'OB, Acad23 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

They also don't know whats happening with Mosley. We have Dr. Nick Riviera running the department apparently.

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

This isn't the medical staff. The DRs the team uses are some of the best in the country and players from across the country from other teams and sports trave to them.
    That's why I'm skeptical about Osemele's version of events. I'm hoping it's all proven false.
    This isn't a player being accused of a crime. This is the GM, commiting a crime, on behalf of the organization, risking permanent injury to a man, to save cap space. It would certainly lead former players to question if it happened to them with injuries. Not to mention future players.
    There have been many FAs who cited the Jets training staff and DRs as a reason for signing here. Bridgewater most recently. All that out the window if true.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  17. TonyFtLaud

It's a CD with Adam Gase's protection calls. BLANK :D

Pepsiguy5 and stinkyB like this.
  18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So basically they're saying he sent the doctors a blank CD? That could be a legit mistake, but also one that would recognized IMMEDIATELY... "Ummm Joe, there's nothing on this CD you sent me"

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I understand why the Jets arent really thrilled about this. He was cleared to play by team docs and is choosing not to, basically using the Jets as a means for surgery/rehab. He obviously wants to be healthy for free agency (I'm not sure I blame him)

But I think if you're the Jets, just take the loss here. No matter what, you don't come out on the other end of this looking great. You're penalizing and fining a guy, who is concerned (maybe overly concerned) about his health.

It sucks, but I really dont think you want to be painted as the franchise that doesnt care about their players health.

20. TonyFtLaud

Not really, the case is clearly marked and how would the Disk get changed out for a blank? Not like Douglas has any medical background and can read the images, so no reason for the disk to be out of the case. Then it raises the question as to where is the disk with his medical info, and HIPPA.......