I'm Seeing Ghosts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 22, 2019.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Ashamed to be a fan of this team, and this is the first season where multiple games I've simply shut the tv off. Yesterday I made it half way through the 3rd and shut the game off.

To put it plainly, this team is done. For all the talent we have, we don't have the coaches, we don't have the depth, and most of all we have no one who is bold enough to instill confidence into this team and change the culture.

The jets need a leader - someone who can change the culture of losing. We don't have that.

Sad to say but yesterday was the first time I doubted Darnold being a franchise qb. He was supposed to be an elevator for us, but instead he made our problems look infinitely worse. Am i throwing in the towel, no? but I'm trading as many players as I can to get as many draft picks as I can if I'm Joe Douglas.

Our season get's easier, but let's be real. We're not making the playoffs and just like the Falcons recognizing their season is done (traded Sanu to the pats), Joe Douglas needs to go up to Chris Johnson, sit him down, and tell him we need to trade whoever we can, for whatever we can get. We need an entirely new staff.

How many times did we go empty yesterday leaving Darnold alone when he was literally throwing up ducks because he was scared of getting hit?

Gase is not an offensive guru, he is a mirage.

While Matt Rhule is 7-0, we're floundering looking like a bottom 3 team in the entire league.

NYJetsO12, joe, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the day when they announce a huge press conference for the Brady / Belichick double retirement announcement.

I am also hoping this happens when Sam Darnold and the core of our team are in their prime.

As this is clearly not our year I just want to see Darnold and some of the young guys improve.

If we can win about half of our remaining games that should be enough to show potential while leaving us with a good spot in the upcoming draft.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Because I love the pain

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's possible BB unleashed these savage defensive packages out of respect for Sam.

7. mark82

mark82 Active Member

Agreed

JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That's what this entire year was about from the get go. The playoff posts and ideas were all a bunch of nonsense. That was never happening. This one stings the most because our FQB looked like absolute shit. If we lost and he played OKAY/decent, it wouldn't be as doom and gloom here.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

In fairness to the seeing ghosts comments, who was the dumbass in the Jets organization that decided the Pats should get to wear white? My dad told me when I was 6 to dress like a winner and stand up straight. The Jets looked like shit the moment they came onto the field and the Pats looked great. That's before the ball was snapped. The ghost line for me had an almost comical connection to the uniform choice.

If Darnold went to Harvard instead of USC, as a Jets fan, I would have thought the ghost comment was brilliantly funny.

Did the league make us look like garbage or was that a decision by the team? Those uniforms should be burned today.

Dierking and stinkyB like this.
  10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Spot on. That was absolutely a chance to at least slow the bleeding. Instead it was a dagger in the heart.

mark82 likes this.
  11. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Watch the video. This was a bad throw by Sam, but an impossible situation to win in. Now imagine if Crowder runs a slant to the middle of the field instead of an out. Then you don't have another DB sitting here for the pick. This is pure scouting and coaching.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Funny you say that.... as soon as the game came on, my Dad and I both said "WTF is with these stupid green pants?!"

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I am giving Sam a mulligan on this one, especially if he looks like Montana in his next game.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah I saw it. Crowder breaks left toward the sideline. If he breaks right, across the middle, he's right in Sam's vision.

Problem is, the route was set to break left. That play needed to be changed at the LOS and they needed to run a route over the middle.

15. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

This whole season is a Mulligan. It’s been a perfect shitstorm from the beginning.

Hopefully, this is our rock bottom. If something like this happens when we play....the dolphins or the bengals....well.....

Cromartie's_kid and James Hasty like this.
  16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Patriots D is historically good. In typical Jets fashion, we somehow got cocky after 1 win and didn't prepare or remain grounded. The game plan was awful. The play calls were awful. The inability to call out blitzes and protection was awful. The lack of outlets was awful. The inability of our D to tackle and get off the field on 3rd down was awful. The whole team and coaching staff sucked, and even better, we gave up.

As to the "ghosts" comment, who made the decision to put a mic on our second year QB playing the best D in the league? Usually, they mic up a veteran - not us. Because of one game, we decide it would be a great idea to mic up our young QB before sending him to the wolves. Now he's been absolutely humiliated. Would Belichick allow that? Have you ever heard a Pats player mic'd up? Darnold can get over a bad game against the Pats, but that quote is going to follow him for the rest of his career. Way to develop your young players you stupid fucking morons. This goddamn franchise sucks.

74, AJW, Cromartie's_kid and 4 others like this.
  17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Falco, I've disagreed with your stance and views for most the year.

I'm not even here to tell you "I told you so".

Frankly, I wish I was the one in the wrong right now. I wish your optimistic views turned out true.

So, I appreciate you lasting as long as you did. It's not easy staying positive with this team. I lost my optimistic outlook after Bowles was fired and we hired Gase.

I realized if this owner and team refuse to care about us, then why should I give two fucks about defending this team.

Fuck this team.

We deserve better. Much better.

Until that happens. I'm done being optimistic.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

WHAT

this is really a fascinating post. so the silver helmet, white jersey, blue pants look is what was the difference?

on a side note, i love the jets new greens uniforms if ONLY they would get that dumb pointy stripe off the chest and pants and put normal fucking stripes on it.

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Well said Falco.

The only thing I disagree on, is I was expecting a competitive game. I never thought we would win. I just wanted to show the world we were competitive.

Obviously that didn't work out. It should be fun beating bad teams the rest of the season, finishing 6-10, or 7-9.

At least I can root for my local teams.

20. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Last night was very concerning re: Darnold, especially that comment. Look, it’s a legitimate argument that he’s 23 years old and that was his , what, 14th game? So he hasn’t even played a full season yet. Some think he’s the absolute answer, I am in no way sure that he is, with his poor mechanics and decision making. That doesn’t necessarily mean he can’t get it done, but last night was brutal. Mayfield, Watson, Jackson and Jones have had bad games, but I haven’t seen them look as absolutely lost as Darnold looked last night. He resembled Sanchez at the end of his Jets career. If you watched that game and aren’t concerned you’re looking through coke bottle thick rose colored glasses. Can he be fixed? I hope so. Is Crazy Eyes Hirsch the one to do it? That’s the question, and I don’t think he is. Gotta love this organization

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOJAZ likes this.