I'm Seeing Ghosts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

10/21/ 2019

Over the years following this team, I have had major ups and major downs. From the back to back AFC Championship games in 2009 and 2010, to the butt-fumble debacle on national television. But there has been one constant throughout that time; I have always been optimistic about this franchise. By definition, I truly have been "hopeful and confident about the future".

In 2015, we were in a rough spot. We had just fired Rex Ryan and we were in search of a new Head Coach. In walks Todd Bowles. I remember there was a lot of talk about the potential of Bowles. Many on this forum, including myself, really liked the hire. Some did not, but as with anything, there will always be those who agree and those who disagree. He had come from the Bruce Arians tree and was highly praised throughout the league. He had just led a formidable defense in Arizona for a few years and there was a lot of hope he would bring that formula to this franchise.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt more often than I should have. I constantly looked elsewhere for blame and my optimistic side always prevailed over the truth. Until it didn't. I distinctly remember watching the dumpster fire get worse and worse and a switch flipped. I was done. I could not take the losing anymore. The horrendous games. The lack of preparation. He had to go. And he did.

That brings us to the crossroad we are at today.

When Gase was hired, MANY did not like the hire. I was one of them. I was unsure why they did it and I wanted someone else. But he was an offensive mind. Peyton Manning had given his blessing. Guys around the league started coming out praising his ability to run an offense. To exploit a defense and make a young QB grow exponentially. I bought into the hype. I figured I would give him a chance.

Adam Gase was dealt a poor hand. He had a great off-season in practice but with a horrible injury bug and the complete lack of depth from Mac, he was in a bad position to try and succeed. I again, gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Last night changed things for me. After a HUGE win against Dallas, a healthy Sam Darnold, a healthy CJ Mosley, and weapons on offense, I thought this was the turn. I thought Gase has his chance to make his mark. To lead us to victory on Monday night against the rival New England Patriots, on National TV. I have spent weeks on this board trying to remain optimistic and trying to explain that the injuries and lack of depth have really made coaching this team difficult. I have spent weeks stating that I will not come to a judgement until the year plays out.

I am posting today to say, I am DONE. I am DONE with Gase. I am DONE with whatever this franchise thinks is the right move. I have spent far too much time looking for a sliver of hope in an otherwise horrible situation. We are not good. We have not been good for years. And until things change at the top, my optimism will be sidelined for a long time.

10/21/2019

A day I was ashamed to be a Jets fan. A day one quote will always play back in my head:

"I'm seeing ghosts"

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Of all the dumb shit you’ve defended over the last 7 weeks, THIS is what chaps your ass the most?

3. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I was on the fence, I was excited that we finally had ang OC as a head coach, but I wanted mike mccarthy a more established HC . I also thought that the offense would have been addressed, starting with the OLine.

4. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have to say after sleeping on this and reflection I'm still pretty shell shocked. Not sure where you even go from here.

I'm not done with the Jets or anything but damn.... Its been years since I've felt like things were this hopeless.

JeTsInTexas, Noam and Falco21 like this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Did you read the post?

Your ignorant comment proves you didn't.

What "chaps my ass" is all the "dumbshit" I defended the "last 7 weeks"

I'm admitting that I'm done and was wrong about Gase after seeing what I saw last night.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No I read it. I’m asking how it took last night to see what 90% of everyone who has weighed in on Gase knew a year ago. What’s scary is last night wasn’t even rock bottom. There’s still time for Sam to recover from Gase... rock bottom is when he doesn’t. That’ll be on the front office.

SOJAZ, CBG and Red Menace like this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Hopefully this never happens but holy shit - if Gase keeps leaving the kid out there to dry, I'm afraid this will come to true.

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

There should be some interesting ghost costumes in opposing stadiums the rest of the season.... If I was the audio/video producer in those stadiums, I'd be licking my chops digging through old horror flicks right now to cue up on every third & long he faces

truthbtold likes this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree i am shell shocked too. What really got me was Sam unraveling mentally. The butt fumble was not bad as this is what we always saw from Sanchez. But, Sam completely falling apart and mentally checking out was really depressing and unexpected.

Any QB especially a young QB needs to be protected not only from free unimpeded blitzers but from himself. He should have been taken out of the game in the 3rd quarter. By the start if the 3rd quarter he was no longer capable of playing QB. I am curious to see how he rebuilds his confidence I am also curious to see how the team reacts to this devastating loss.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

We can all agree that quote is gonna haunt him.

74, chandler, NYJalltheway and 2 others like this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NY Jets68, stinkyB, Pepsiguy5 and 6 others like this.
  12. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Yes after watching such a frightening experience last night, one can only say that he will probably have nightmares for many days to come.

BrickcityJet likes this.
  13. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I... I think I want one of these

74 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  14. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

You have to give darnold easy hot routes to hit. First pickled the out as a hot route. No safety and the hot route is an out? Also, how the hell does Thomas drop the second down pass? That cannot happen. Pick to Anderson on 4th down, if Anderson actually runs a hot route, and turns his head around that is a first down. The two in the end zone are on Sam.

They left the middle of the field wide open. Did you see how many times the patriots threw there on the jets. But no, we throw everything outside the numbers.

Gase really really sucks.

#14 red75bronco, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and dawinner127 like this.
  15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

That didn't take very long!

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Only one more primetime game to go! Just the Ravens in Baltimore, no big deal.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  17. red75bronco

Because nobody was helping him. The crap game had him do was bullshit. Basically he said, hey Sam , go out there on basically your second start this season and figure out bill belicheck. And then the support was you can sit just calm down. WTF is that? A coaches job is to put the players in position to succeed. That’s not happening. Receivers have no clue on the hot route, line is confused, but 2nd QB is supposed to fix this?

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Down 10-0. Thomas catches that ball maybe Sam gets some confidence, who knows? But I thought that drop was a huge play against us.

FJF, Biggs, mark82 and 3 others like this.
  19. red75bronco

Other people have to help. Booger got down on Sam because h threw it in the stands in the 3rd quarter. It was a three man route, none were open. Do you want him to force it in or throw it away. He had no safety valve an not a single jets player between the numbers. I think Robbie Anderson absolutely sucks. Herndon should help a lot if Gase doesn’t run him outside the numbers. Where the hell is bell in the passing game? A little circle route where the lb was in the middle would do wonders.

20. red75bronco

Ghost comment doesn’t matter, what do you think Manning was seeing in the SB against the Seahawks?

Biggs and dawinner127 like this.