Will refs allow us hit Brady as much as we hit Dak?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hitting Brady is one of the keys to victory. We did a good job against Dak and hit him hard multiple times. He is young and he survived.

I am sure Greg Williams will try to get to Brady even more than we got to Dak. Problem is, will refs kill us with phantom flags?

I kind of know the answer and thread title isn’t really a question but expression of fear from Goodell’s refs. Oh I want to bury that sob Brady so much.

FlaJet and AJW like this.
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No, he's a made man. It'd be nice if they'd start calling his intentional groundings consistently though. He gets away with 2-3 per game at minimum.

Also, Brady always shreds blitzes, we need to play bump and run coverage on the outside. Unfortunately we don't have Revis and Cro out there these days....

stinkyB, legler82 and Cman68 like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's been done before, albeit a long time ago.

Unfortunately, we don't have the CB's to do it this way on Monday.

azhar80 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Short answer: No..

FlaJet, rohirrim665, legler82 and 2 others like this.
  5. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Hitting Brady hard and often is key. What's crazy is Tom always cries for flags, yet he was complaining abt a Thursday Night game that there were so many bogus penalties. I hope the refs took that personal, and let us hit pretty boy Tom.

Brady is one of the main reason we drafted both William's on the Dline. The pressure up the middle is what gets to Brady. If you have guys in his face, he doesnt do so well. S. Ellis was great at getting after Tom. I'm sure Brady has nightmares about Ellis.

If the William's can get pressure up the middle we have a good chance to upset the Pat's.

Pepsiguy5, Brook!, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  6. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talking about... Pressure up the gut, Tom gets shaken. This was a beautiful game. Never seen Tom take so many good, clean hits. Its was art

Brook! likes this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Not a chance.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's obvious that the refs treats different quarterbacks differently.

Tom Brady is at the very top of the "Do Not Touch" list.

If we hit him like we hit Dak it'll be flagged...I have no doubt.

FlaJet, Brook!, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  9. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

10. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I wish we had a Kris Jenkins anchoring the DL.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The "dirty little secret" of the NFL is that Tom Brady is classified as untouchable like no other QB has been. It's the single biggest reason he's able to pick apart even the best defenses, especially in the end of games. If he were treated like every other QB, first of all he'd be retired by now, but secondly, if he were still playing, he woudn't be as successful as he is because he would be under much more pressure, and having his rhythm disrupted thus making his accuracy drop.

papapump, NYJetsO12 and K'OB like this.
  12. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

No but the penalties will be well worth it.

Jets81, jetstopgun, Brook! and 7 others like this.
  13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

No chance in hell.

It is painfully obvious how different this league treats Tom Brady.

I still hope we fuck him up all game though

FlaJet and Brook! like this.
  14. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Look I have been stating how to beat the Pats for the last several years and I will probably be ignored as usual. At this time the Patriot offense is lacking in quite a few areas. Their replacement lineman can do a decent job in pass rush but can't run block for shit. They just put their backup Full Back on IR and they don't have a Tight End that can block. So the run game is in serious trouble. The only receiver the Jets have to worry about is Endlemen and backs comming out of the backfield like White.

So what are the Patriots going to do? They will look for short yardage passing to set up very manageable short 3rd downs. The Jets should come out with a nickel defense on 1st down since the Pats running game sucks. Assign a safety to cover the backs like White. They should double Endlemen taking away Brady's favorite target. They want to be in man to man coverage and challenge the short passes. Force Brady to throw the ball long so he has to stay longer in the pocket leaving him more exposed.

Interestingly enough, the Jets also do not want to be in long 3rd downs. The Patriots have had trouble covering tall receivers and Tight Ends. So use their height for an advantage. Run a hurry-up offense to not allow the Pats to make substitutions on defense. You need to establish the run to set up the play-action passing game. Sam has to be patient and not allow the Pats defense a turnover. The Pats defense is very opportunistic, so it is important that the Jets offense protect the ball. Try to win the field possession game since the Pats Field Goal Kicker sucks. For the Jets to win they need to win an ugly low scoring physical game.

To many of you, this sounds like a boring game plan, but it is logical. The Pats have a weak offensive line, so force them to protect Brady longer. The Pats defense has scored many points this year and has given the offense great field positions with turnovers. Force the Pats to earn their points.

Even after doing all this, the Jets may still lose. But I bet it will be a very competitive game. Something I think many of you want to see versus what has happened in the past.

mrmajix, Brook! and AJW like this.
  15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Sadly no

There was a guy named Charles Martin who illegally sacked Jim McMahon

we need that

Fuck it

fuck Brady. I swear if I was a Jet, I would do it.

we need a psycho late hit

Who cares

16. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

You think the league is going to let anything happen to the poster boy who is leading the movement to pussify the NFL?

BacktoQueens likes this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The Refs after the Jets hit Brady hard the first time.

[​IMG]

Brook!, twown and FJF like this.
  18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Can't stand when Brady sits back there for 5 seconds and looks off 4 receivers, you know he's going to kill you.....need pressure in his face

Brook! likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You can pressure him without finishing (hitting him hard)

An early game experiment of seeing what the Jets can get away with might be worth it

Don't forget Refs are under pressure too for all the Bogus calls they've been making since September

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Quinnen Williams time to feast