Game Balls for Cowboys game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Ok

2. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

You and me both. I was also idly wondering where this guy came from and why we couldn't have found him. We'd be 2-3 now if we had.

LAJet likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

In my mind I am actually wondering what is more insulting, to be completely ignored or to have a derisory reply of two fucking letters.

I know I won't be bothering again.

4. Falco21

My response was an exact reflection of the exhaustion I have going back and forth with the same shit.

You keep mentioning the "mess ups" Gase has had, and that is fine, I never once claimed that Gase is a perfect coach and our long-term answer. In fact, for the millionth and one time, I have claimed over and over again that we can not come to any judgement on Gase with the roster and injuries he was dealing with prior to Darnold returning. It was unfair to judge a new coach when he had a guy under center who does not deserve to be on a football field.

But you seem to be ignoring the EXTREME difference between the Jets last week and the Jets yesterday. As you mentioned, the only real thing that changed was the QB. EXACTLY. That has been my point the entire fuckin time and something that has frustrated me with posters like you on this board.

Luke Falk was horrendous. He made ZERO adjustments at the line and was unable to get rid of the ball and find open receivers. Our offensive line looked like shit because of it. Defense's were stacking the box making it almost impossible to run the ball. And, as was noted earlier in the week, our receivers were wide open with essentially no offensive production. It was easy to point blame at Gase and the playcalls. It was easy to throw shade at him claiming that this is an exact replica of his tenure in Miami.

Now, with a healthy Darnold, suddenly our offensive line holds to 2 sacks, from 10 a week ago. Our offense puts up over 380 yards. We have the second longest play in Jets history. And we beat the Cowgirls scoring 24 points. All with Adam Gase coaching. All with his mistakes yesterday. All with the same roster, minus the QB.

Point proven.

Gase is not the long term answer yet, in my mind. The jury is still out. But watching this team for the last 4+ weeks and then watching them yesterday with Sam Darnold, it baffles me how you can even believe that Gase was the cause of the slide. It was clear what the problem was. Are there other issues that need to be addressed, of course. But the writing is on the wall.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

slide a tampon in... the Jets won, nobody wants to read your 5 paragraphs of bitching anyway

did you enjoy yesterday's game? or were you hoping they would blow it so you could rag on Gase some more? honest question

6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

No love for Robby?

Dude is a special WR.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Don't listen to these people that blame Gase, if they can't see that our problems were mostly because of Faulk, then they ain't gonna see it now.

8. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Clearly Sam, Prez, and Crowder. But honestly, so many guys stepped up and made plays last night that you could almost make a case for anybody. That was a TOTAL TEAM win.
    Night and Day difference.....just in effort level........night and day.

Acad23 likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

People act like QB isn't the most important position in ALL OF SPORTS.

[​IMG]

10. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams stood out the most to me on D. He is worth whatever contract he holds out for next year.
    Obviously, Sam was amazing on O.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I was impressed with Darnold's arm strength. He was slinging it off his back foot downfield with ease. Even that bomb to Anderson, he stepped up in the pocket but the actual throw was mostly arm

12. Falco21

I was saying the same thing all game.

He was throwing dimes all over the field.

He looked light-years better than his rookie year, which makes me EXTREMELY excited for his future here in New York

SOJAZ, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

His arm looked good. You could see the difference between week 1 and yesterday. He made similar throws week 1 vs Buffalo and they were under thrown to Robby. I would bet if he was healthy week 1 he hits those passes.

FJF likes this.
  14. K'OB

Have you ever read the fucking waffle you put out?

Maybe you should put down the stone before you break a few bits of glass.

Oh, and the answer to your question is in the 5 paragraphs that you didn't want to read, honest answer.

15. K'OB

Ok.

16. Falco21

LOL

Guaranteed. He was hoping for a shit show so he can throw more shade at Gase.

It is what it is.

I guess it is hard for people to put two and two together. Like I said, it is easy to blame Gase for everything failing, but I figured it would be just as easy to see that Luke Falk would result in an 0-4 start and that this team would be much better with Darnold back.

I guess I was wrong

17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Seriously, not even the most deluded poster could claim that Robby was fat.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He is our guy for many years to come. I can feel it, I can see it, He is the first guy since time memorial that I have complete confidence every time he goes back to pass, and he is still green as hell if you think about it. His ceiling is higher than most all QBs out there with an exception or two.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Game ball to the bangers on defense.

They came ready to play and laid some wood on the Cowboys.

That's the kind of "hidden production" that wins games.

SOJAZ, FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

But he lost the locker room. We would have won by 30 if the players actually played hard for him.