Game Balls for Cowboys game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

What did you see on TV?

2. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Adams was a beast.

Darnold’s presence changes everything.

Give them both a ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I SAW BIG DICK ENERGY LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Darnold.

FYI, that 92 yard bomb was an audible at the line.

Having him back is HUGE

SOJAZ, mark82, ouchy and 12 others like this.
  5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

On Defense - Adams, Maye and Q Williams

On Offense - Sam , Robbie and Crowder

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

1 Sam
    2 Gregg Williams and whole defense
    3 Sam Fickin

FJF, ouchy, BacktoQueens and 5 others like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Gase....for playing the qb that took 1st team snaps in practice. :confused:

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Sam Darnold breathed life back into the entire franchise. Robby Anderson, Crowder, D. Thomas all of sudden looks good again. Ryan Griffin...hey we have a TE!

He made all the difference in the world. He gets the game ball and the keys to the franchise. This is the 6th ranked D in the league he crushed today after a long long layoff with a shit O line "protecting" him

SOJAZ, Peebag, JeTsInTexas and 2 others like this.
  9. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Williams boys...both Leonard and Quinnen. Prescott is going to be really sore...

egelband and JeTsInTexas like this.
  10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Honorable mention: the zebras.

dmarz45, Peebag, MaximusD163 and 4 others like this.
  11. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Offense: Darnold
    Defense: Jamal Adams, Quinnen Williams

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Best game so far imo and showcases potential of Sam throwing some dimes and game management

The Defense came up big especially halting 2 point conversion

Sam can't throw into crowds and we can't let teams get back into game after we have lead are areas of improvement

For Coaches , overall just more impressed with G Williams creating havoc on D than AG and the running plays on second and 20

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ditto on Greg Williams.

We were soft on stopping Zeke in the 2nd half.

I blame Leo.

FJF and egelband like this.
  14. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

It was when Hewitt went out. Mosley being back will be huge.

15. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Sam Darnold - I'll take the one INT a game, if I can get the same production and impact from him that we got today for every game.
    Marcus Maye - Smart, fast, all over the field today.
    Foley Fatuksaki - Major impact up the middle for much of the game. Would love to be able to key in on him if I get a chance to watch the game on the DVR again.

#15 fggrimes, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    All Gas No Shake and ouchy like this.
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The guy that made the 62 yard field goal that crushed my spirit at the end of the half deserves one to...Not gonna lie i thought that was the beggining of the end for us.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Are you saying that it wasn't a designed play call by our genius HC, damn that is disappointing and there was you shouting GASE GASE GASE right after in the game thread :rolleyes:;):p

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Well-l-l-l. he was good but he didn't exactly "crush" anybody. Still, he was effective and fun to watch. He most often got the ball out quickly and moved around when he had to, avoiding the rush. Actually as I think about it, he was damn good at that. Let's also remember Dallas was wobbly coming in, having lost their previous two. We still can't run the ball for shit, and have a lot of trouble stopping it. Although we still made some good stops at times.

But let's focus on the positive. The scores and stops came at the right time, and they did a lot of things well. Adams was a beast. Crowder looked ten years younger. It was a lot of fun watching them today.

I wonder how many survivor pools we cratered? :)

Acad23 likes this.
  19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

If you thought that point of me shouting "GASE GASE GASE" after that play was because I was claiming it was his playcall, then you totally missed the point.

For weeks this board was complaining about an anemic offense with horrible production and horrible play calls. For weeks I have argued that having a third string QB who does not belong on a football field is the cause, not the coaching. Having him at center makes the offensive line look worse, makes Bell look worse, and makes our receivers look worse. It also makes Gase's job almost impossible hence the bland and stupid playcalls.

Enter our starting QB and literally the first game he's back, our offense goes for almost 400 yards, scores 24 points, and our offensive line gives up 2 sacks, with Osemele out.

All of that with the same Adam Gase as the previous 4 weeks. He didn't just wake up yesterday. He actually had talent to coach with and a franchise QB.

That was the point of my chant.

And again, I'm not saying he's the long term answer. But this game yesterday put a fuckin dagger through all the posts blaming his playcalling and lack of adjustments for the poor outcome.

Biggs likes this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I never said you claimed it was his playcall, I said you appeared after the play with the "GASE GASE GASE" post.

But he still made plenty of bad calls I think is the point, nobody has said that having Darnold back wasn't going to improve the offence, if like you said he audibled a 97 yard play then how is that a pat on the fucking back for Gase's offence, that one play was a quarter of the offences total yardage.

You appeared and cheered for Gase, fucked off after his run on 2/20 and only reappeared when we got another TD with the above comment.

Everybody is happy we won, christ it was needed, there is still a huge amount of work needed though, the second half alone shows that, the failure to eat up some time and still keep us moving the chains is one more thing, communication seems to be still a struggle for them for whatever reason.

As for the talent part, he mostly the same people bar Darnold, he choose to make plays that either showed that Falk was incapable of throwing long allowing the D to stack the box or rush him into oblivion, you then also forget that people also were worried about him allowing the rusher free access to the QB on more than one play in a single game, these are the things that people were worried about, you have neither addressed these issues in all your chat, those calls have nothing to do with who he had as a QB they were rank bad calls V the Browns.

His calling wasn't that good v the Bills either tbh but again he got the benefit of the doubt due to the announcement of Darnold's illness and they maybe had tried to micro-manage the game plan keeping it short and fast plays, not that it really worked.

Finally, it is one game, far too early to come gloating and singing about improvements, I told you that yesterday in the match thread, comeback when we have put a win streak on the board or at least look like we are contending in games for the next month and then maybe people will think Gase is actually doing not so bad and we were a little rash to want him out so early.

Success starved fans get desperate, especially when they are looking at a team that has been in rebuild mode for 2-3 seasons and still looks like it needs rebuilding.

BOLDED for @BrowningNagle save him reading all the rest of the shit.

#20 K'OB, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Ralebird, SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.