No excuses...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Please explain why Alex Smith sucked until Jim Harbaugh got him. Please explain why Mike sucked with a backup QB two years ago. Please explain why HOF QB thinks Mike is a dope and can't work with him and is now 4 and 1 with a rookie HC.

Please explain why one of the best organizations in football decided to throw him out the door before the end of the season?

Please explain why McCarthy doesn't have another job when there were multiple openings and both Cleveland and Cincinnati hired HC who look like total dog shit.

Yea I know Mike only wanted to coach the NY Jets because the NY Jets are the premier organization in the NFL.

2. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

The Raiders, Colts, and Bills all invested heavily in their Olines--and they are enjoying the rewards of building right.

The Browns and Jets focused on bringing in splashy players but not building from the inside, and are paying for it.

When we were good, we understood this--Dbrick, Mangold, Faneca, Woody, Moore and we were close.

This stuff is not rocket science, but it does take leadership that isn't concerned over selling seats and being on the front page of the paper. I hope Douglas changes this and in 2 years we might be formidable again....the jury is still out if we are going to need a new QB at that time.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You can rest assured I support your right to bash Gase unmercifully for any reason or no reason at all for as long as you want to. Looking forward to the next fucktard hired to coach this team so we can continue the discussion...

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I did explain it in the post you quoted?

I did explain it in the post you quoted?

What I cant explain is your irrational hatred of McCarthy. Yes the Packers have much more talent this year, with a much improved defense and running game. That is why they are 4-1.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I've never been a fan of Mike. That's not hate. As I said he botched the development of Alex Smith, he botched the transition from Favre to Rodgers, he traded for Kiser and did nothing with him. He lost with a backup QB and a decent team when Rodgers went down two years ago. He couldn't get along with the HOF QB he developed to the point he had to be asked to leave the building.

The fact that the Packers couldn't run the ball or play good D with him as the HC isn't exactly an endorsement to a guy that wanted full control.

It's not hate. I wouldn't give him full control of the Jets based on his history. I'm not surprised he isn't working this year. I think he is a burnout and maybe in a year or two with a strong GM would be worth taking a shot with.

The fact that he isn't working says it all. He's not that into it. If he was he would be on an NFL team or in the TV booth doing something. Football junkies who are lifer's don't stay out unless they aren't into it anymore.

azhar80 and CosmicJester like this.
  6. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

I've been calling out the Gase haters for 4 weeks now. I think they're clueless, simple-minded, and short-sighted. But here I am claiming this before I think we will see the fruits of the labor. My assumption was that it was not possible to have an operational offense with Luke Faulk--other's assumption was that Adam Gase should've been able to manually generate offense and points.

Well now we get to see who's right! If my assumption was correct, we will see a formidable offense and good energy from the team. Maybe a little rust, but I'm expecting 20+ points. If you'd like in on that action and state that since Gase sucks so bad, you think we're still going to be terrible and Luke Faulk wasn't the reason we were bad, then I want to hear it now. If not, I'll scroll back through all those bs comments y'all made and call you out individually. Good luck to the Jets!

SOJAZ and azhar80 like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

20+ offensive points?

That'll be nice...

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Would be at least 2.5 times our season high in week 1. Progress!!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They might...I said might...outscore our defense!

Go J-E-T-S !!!!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

----
    Let me get this right, anyone who criticizes AG is a hater? Really, most of the posts I have seen and posted myself are based on his resume or facts. I believe that most of us that didn't want him have stated unequivocally that we were hoping that he would have success and that his conservative play calling tendencies he exhibited in Miami would go away. Indeed, in the preseason it looked like that would happened and then the season started... and guess what he reverted back to the same conservative PC he was in Miami,

Its like boxing, when the slugger says he is going to box then then gets his bell rung, he reverts back to his original STYLE = slugger. While this is a crude analogy it is right on when it comes to this HC. Like Rex and TB, this guy thinks his schemes work when its clear they are not...

Now will the O look better with Sam probably... because Like AG said he covers up things. Really coach what would they be, like WR running wrong routes, like Bell admitting that players go to the LOS not understanding what they need to execute, etc. When asked why the OL has struggled so badly ( was it age, scheme, coaching) he didn't answered the question. But he did admitted EVERYONE is making mistakes... Let me repeat that, everyone is guilty according to him... so after how many practices, games played and watching how many hours of tapes, the entire unit and coaching staff is making mistake or a better word is inept... to me that is coaching incompetence....

So what is his answer - Stock coach speak....keep grinding. I'll remind you and others that Rich Kotite said the same thing many times during his tenure. So lets keep practicing what is not working because like the law of averages at some point in time it will work! Remember, Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result...

Finally, IMHO AG is a stubborn to a fault and I believe will be his downfall. Good coaches and/or managers recognize talent and made adjustments according to said talent. He hasn't and has continued to call the same plays and is using the same schemes he has for the last 7 games all of which are losses.

BTW - I expect to be 0-5 after this Sunday. I hope I am wrong because you know the law of averages right...

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

There's one excuse...Gase is NOT Joe Douglass' handpicked coach.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. Again, this has nothing to do with Rodger's discipline or lack thereof. You make it sound like Rodgers changed almost every one of McCarthy's plays. That isn't the case. A lot of times McCarthy's plays didn't work. The opposing D knew what was coming and everyone was covered, and Rodgers had to improvise, to move around, extend the play and give his receivers a chance to get open. The offense rested on Rodgers' shoulders because they didn't have a decent RB who could run the ball consistently. The offense was one-dimensional and the routes and plays conservative and out of date.

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yawn, just when did I say that?

But an interesting idea on the Punt as we may as well just punt it on first down and get it out of the way early.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Can you explain your irrational hatred of Rodgers? Did one of his signature wins make you lose a big bet?

15. K'OB

I'll bite, we will play better as Darnold is better but if Gase still calls the same plays we will not see a formidable offence.

formidable
    adjective
    1. inspiring fear or respect through being impressively large, powerful, intense, or capable.
      "a formidable opponent"
    Hmm

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

We seen 1 week of Darnold/Gase combo vs the Bills... Can you tell me which offense looked formidable against the Bill's so far?

I dont get how we are coming to conclusions on how our offense will be. The Jets have looked terrible without Sam, but they also played good defenses, even The Browns have posted 3 game with 4 sacks out 5 games. So seeing 1 game of Sam/Gase how can we conclude our offense will suck?

17. K'OB

You think we looked formidable against the bills D?
    As for your question it is called realism.
    I will be sat waiting to be shocked, I will be cheerng them on but I realistically understand that the potential for a shitshow is high.
    Please see the predict the season win/lose thread for proof and currently i may even have been too optimistic at 4 wins ;)

18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

McCarthy wanted control over his coaching staff, not control over the franchise. The Jets( Mac n Chris Johnson) wanted control over DC hiring and possibly other staffing. No head coach should agree to that. McCarthy is getting paid $9 million owed from Green Bay this year. He turned down offers from other teams including the Browns and Cardinals .
    That's why he's not coaching this year.
    I would be very surprised if he is not back coaching next year.

19. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Yeah, so you're the exact type of person I was referring to. So we'll see who was right this Sunday. If everything is good, I was. And if things don't significantly change, you are.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

But.. Douglas is Gase's handpicked GM..

KurtTheJetsFan and K'OB like this.