Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep, Gase got his boy Falk ...smh

Gase has given himself enough rope to hang himself ..let JD end the friendship and start acting like a GM

Of course, the Johnsons have Catch 22nd the power from JD

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This is worse then that era...we had high expectations coming into the season..And we have completley shit the bed without Mosley and Darnold..This team hasnt looked the same since the 3rd qtr of the Bills game..They quit on there coach and I dont blame them...This guy might be the worst coach in the history of sports...

JeTsInTexas and Longsuffering88 like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, unfortunately I believe Chris (or Woody) are the only ones who can fire Gase - thanks to that "brilliant" organization structure they have.:mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

The fact that he gave Darnold all of the reps without knowing 110% he could play tells me he thinks Sam is gonna fix all our problems and that HE THINKS there's just no way he can win with Falk. He's mailing it in for these games

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

And if that's the case, then he should be fired just for that.

I knew this season was going to be bad, even with all of the positive vibes surrounding the team heading into the season, but I couldn't imagine that Gase would run this thing into the ground this quickly or this spectacularly.

NCJetsfan and JeTsInTexas like this.
  6. Jedi mind tricks

I'm not into being such a knee jerk fanbase but with each passing week I'm coming around on the idea of getting this guy out of the building as quickly as possible.
    With that said I actually like what the def is doing they just don't have the players to be elite. I'd like to see more of Williams past this season which won't be possible unless we keep Gase (or make Williams the HC)

JeTsInTexas and Longsuffering88 like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Let's see how Pittsburgh does next week with their third QB. You win with players.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Their third string QB came in and led a touchdown drive.

11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that it's a foregone conclusion that we'd necessarily lose Gregg Williams if Gase were shown the door. If they could turn around and bring someone in that is what Gase was supposed to be (offensive guru who would be very much hands-on with the offense) or even just a CEO-type head coach who very much empowers his two coordinators to run their respective shows, then I could see a scenario in which Williams could be enticed to stay. He's done quality work on his side of the ball. Heck, he's been more of an "offensive guru" than Gase, outscoring his boss's side of the ball so far this season.

Regardless of what happens on that side of the ball, though, Gase has to go. The damage done to the offense by his continued "leadership" of it is setting this franchise further and further back by the day.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

Even Manish gets it.

NYJFOREVER, JeTsInTexas and Ralebird like this.
  13. Jedi mind tricks

Sure let's see bc so far no team has looked as bad as us including the so called worst team ever in the Dolphins

14. hornblower

I guess he's better than Falk.

15. hornblower

Look, they can fire the coach to make posters happy but without their QB and both inside linebackers they will struggle. Last few years it was fire Bowles now it's Gase. When they get better players and more of them they will be a winning club. The plan this year was put up points and cover for the defense. That went out the window as soon as Darnold got sick. Too bad I was looking forward to watching him.

16. BroadwayAaron

Probably has more to do with their coaching staff.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fuck it...

Let Dowell Logjam take over... :confused:

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  18. hornblower

You'll be surprised how much better coaches get with better players.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Goes two fold. Better coaches get more out of players and better players also want to play for better coaches.

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

X 1,000.

Anyone who thinks we'd be putting THIS product on the field with Mike McCarthy is drunk.

This goes way beyond winning and losing. This is about being a complete embarrassment.
    In no way does this "offense" resemble anything you see anywhere else in the league. It's the coach's job to provide a few answers and this coach has none. "I'll get it fixed" ... REALLY?? Anyone think he'll fix it? He's never put an effective offense on the field. Why anyone in this organization thought he would, is a complete mystery to me. Oh wait ... Peyton told them he would. I guess that counted more than his actual resume. Unreal.

Enough with all the apologists and excuses. I don't care who's not on the field ... we still have 53 professional football players and this man is a HEAD COACH in the NFL. There are only 32 of them on the whole goddamn planet, and he's one of them! Let that sink in. When you have THAT job you better come up with more than THIS. The franchise will not move forward until we cut ties with this guy, and that needs to happen as soon as possible ... because all we are doing is throwing away more time until we find the person who will finally lead us back to the Super Bowl.

Anyone out there think Adam Gase will lead us to the Super Bowl?