Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What firing him now accomplishes is that it's "addition by subtraction". It gets rid of a guy who shouldn't be there in the first place. As for an OC, I think Cooter would be a big upgrade over Gase and his caddy. Williams can be the acting HC, and if somehow the team does a 180, be considered for the permanent job - but I would still want them to do a full search to see if they can find someone better, preferably an offensive-minded guy.

SOME of the players they brought in are hurt, but most are not. The OL is intact, including the two "upgrades" they added. Ty Montgomery isn't hurt, yet Gase seems to think he is since he hardly ever plays him But the problem isn't who's hurt, it's Gase's game plans and playcalling. Even if the team were 100% healthy, they wold be handicapped by his playcalling and game management.

We'll see whether your faith in him to improve is warranted.

K'OB, HomeoftheJets and SOJAZ like this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I never said I had faith, at least not based on these three games. Let's see what happens in the coming weeks. Has a first year coach ever been fired after three weeks? The locker room and his coaching staff would have to be in full revolt.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I stated to NC that I wanted the team to win and I have my issues with AG. I also stated, that pencils have erasers … and that he has stated that he has look at everything including his play calling esp opt 1. , he said they are looking at everyone on the OL, etc. SO if this Offense )and its been offensive) team comes out flat again, plays uninspired FB, is inept as its been through three (3) weeks, then he needs to be fired immediately.

IMHO, GW is a better coach because he holds people accountable and has his side of the team ready to play and I all for im being HC along with Cooter as OC.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cooter sucked balls as an offensive coordinator

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

But he wasn't sucking this guys balls...

[​IMG]

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he is now. that guy is his boss

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What does it accomplish? If you're like me and you believe that Gase has a lot of potential to spoil the best chance we've had at a franchise QB since Pennington, you don't want him around him for a second longer. He gives up on possessions on 3rd down and long and he gives up on games by punting when he shouldn't. He's going to make this guy play like a little bitch and turn him into captain check-down, and/or get him injured with his ridiculous scheme that allows all kinds of free rushers shots on the QB. Gase literally might just get him killed this week if he puts him in. Gase is a loser and a bitch face. We don't want him rubbing off on Darnold.

Get his ass out and let someone protect the QB with an NFL protection scheme, maybe even give your shitty linemen help from TE's. #1 rule to offense is to protect the QB. Gase doesn't seem to give a fuck about it, or if he does he has a funny way of doing it. I'd love to hear Parcells give his opinion of Gase's offensive prowess.

#827 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    xfinfan86x and K'OB like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

oh yeah.

I forgot... :oops:

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Speaking of Captain check down. Pennington was developed by the brilliant Offensive HC Herm Edwards and the great Paul Hackett designing the scheme and calling the plays. He had arguably one of the top 3 seasons in Jets history.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Pennington was ruined.

AJW likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That's the key word right there.

Wahoo and NYJFOREVER like this.
  12. xfinfan86x

xfinfan86x New Member

As a Dolphins fan... I feel for you guys... Adam Gase is a disaster. His play calling is atrocious and will never change. I hoped every game it would be different... it wasnt. Last year we won like 3-4 games we shouldnt of won. It was pure lucky calls or defensive plays. The offense never won the game. Gase believes putting 4-5 small and fast receivers on the field, spread them out and get them the ball quick they can juke and dodge tackles. Problem is... he never gets physical players that can block or shed DB's. So... guys get tackled easy and its easy to predict that he throws passes before 1st down marker. Easy for a defense to contain. He will hold back Darnold so much.... by the end of the year... you all will believe Darnold is not your future QB. He chooses Runningbacks with speed and hands the ball off straight up the middle for no gain. Last year he never used Frank Gore for power running... never on 3rd and short.... lol. Gase is his own worst enemy... Basically having Gase as your offensive play caller is like giving you a handicap in Madden... like -10 to intelligence. lol.... Hopefully its a 1 and done year for you Jets fans... I wouldnt wish Gase on my own worst enemy. As much as your a division rival a good friend is a Jets fan and I just dont have it in me to have the competitive nature we usually have during the season. Sadly... you will probably lose to us Dolphins for our first win... lol. I highly doubt you will score much even against our zero pass rush defense. I hope im wrong honestly... most likely tho... I wont be wrong. lol sorry Jets fans. Hang in there...

#832 xfinfan86x, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    CotcheryFan, K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I really, REALLY, hope you're wrong, but from what I've seen so far, I fear that you're right.

K'OB and xfinfan86x like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hey buddy boy...fair warning...

Here in Jetsville we kill the messenger. :confused:

xfinfan86x likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Very curious who posted the "like" on the new guy. Maybe he thought he was being facetious.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You can't see who it is?

Maybe you have him on "ignore" or something.

17. Ralebird

Oh, I see it alright; has he just done a 180?

18. xfinfan86x

xfinfan86x New Member

lol... I'm not being facetious. I'm a Dolphins fans who had to put up with his playcalling and game planning/coaching for 3 years. Watching him lead your offense right into the ground is torture and takes years off your life. He wants to play hurry up offense... he loves speed. Well, when you go 3 and out on every offensive possession... your playing hurry up defense not offense. Gase doesnt comprehend that and will throw his D coordinator right into the fire. Its everyones elses fault because the man believes he is perfect... anyways... I digress... Everyone has their opinion and beliefs. In all seriousness I'm just laying out the facts on Gase. As the season progresses it will come to fruition all I said here to be true. As a Dolphins fan... I have sympathy for the Jets with Adam Gase. But guaranteed... when we face each other you wont score much against the Dolphins crappy D. One last thing... Why cant someone like my post?? lol. I come in peace. :) I made this photoshopped image when he was our coach... lol.

[​IMG]

#838 xfinfan86x, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    CotcheryFan and K'OB like this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I have to admit Flores has beautiful eyes. Does his post game presser still get you hard?

20. Ralebird

Yeah, it wasn't what you said but who gave you the first endorsement (of post #832) that was the surprise.