What would happen if Gase is actually fired?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Swe-Jet, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Swe-Jet

Swe-Jet Member

What bothers me about Gase is that only three games into the season he is already starting to show the same tendencies that got him fired in Miami.
    He wants to run his own show and shows no respect towards his players or even the people that hired him (Mac or CJ).
    The talent he had in Miami he chased away, like Jarvis Landry, and now in Jets he's benching players to show them he's the one in charge.
    I would have hoped that he'd learned from his mistakes in Miami and had a more humble approach, but so far he seems to be running the same show all over again.

If this continues and the team keeps underperforming it's only a question of time before he loses the locker room.

Gase last game as a coach in Miami where they lost to the Bills 17-42 pretty much sums it all up.

#41 Swe-Jet, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  2. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

This is the biggest reason why I was not "over the moon" with the Bell signing. Decent RB's are not that hard to obtain and I'm sure we could have found a couple that were serviceable. Bell would've made a lot more sense on a team who was a player or 2 away from making a run. He makes no sense on a team with holes everywhere who should be way more focused on fundamental building blocks like O-Line. There were a couple of good Centers available and I thought for sure we'd grab one of them considering how bad that position was. You are 100% right that Bell is wasted here.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Gase has a built in excuse in that his "star" QB was lost for X amount of games so I'd expect that what we will hear from the brass in protecting this moron of a HC.

I honestly don't see Darnold coming back before the Dallas game at best or that Patriots at worst, but when he does come back the new excuse for Gase , if this thing continues to go south, will be "Sam's still not 100% and needs time to get his football legs under him"... no way Gase is on the hot seat this season IMO.

I was literally sick when we hired this jerkoff and I'm even sicker now ... I'm really getting burnt out rooting for this team.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No need to worry about this. Gase is working in some cutting edge coaching techniques this week such as having the players compete in practice, starting the best players on Sunday and calling plays where the #1 option is open more often.

He's a truly gifted football coach and we should be thrilled to have him. We were incredibly lucky to have him fall into our laps. The guy is special - a visionary some would say.

#44 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Set up a blind trust and use a lottery system.

6. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

LOL I love that fans have no say on whether Gase stays or not. Because most of you are so clueless and don't know what you don't know. It's been three games. But the best part is y'all are so mad and upset at Gase, and not for good reason--but yet, you still have to just simmer in your own sauce....keep going guys, FIRE GASE rah rah

7. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Oh yeah totally, all these things. Intelligent commentary. MIAMI ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Fans who are invested enough to actually hate the team enough to demand a change are the life blood of the NY Jets. Pissing them off and keeping them pissed off has been amazingly profitable for the Johnsons. It's when the fans stop giving a shit the owners need to make a change.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Adam Gase burner account detected.

CBG likes this.
  10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

What we do know is that the Jets are 0-3 and will most likely be 0-6 in a few weeks. If you accept mediocrity, it's fine. Just don't call "clueless" those who don't...

ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

3-3 is mediocrity. 0-6 is suckitude. :mad::mad::mad:

12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

LOL... I loved the sarcasm which unfortunately is true...

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

While stating the obvious may not mean you're clueless, accepting what you can't change is a sign of true insight. In the immortal words of Kwai Chang Caine "When I sit, I do not stand"

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We have Douglas in house. If a HC change needs to be made, it should be his decision, and his decision alone. We don't need anyone from the outside. We've tried it with a headhunter company and with Wolff and Casserley and both were miserable failures.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Instead of commenting on the clueless fans, why don't you use that keen insight and tell us why 0-3 is acceptable.

Then we'll all know what we don't know.

Or we'll all know what you don't know...(most likely outcome) :confused:

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We all hope that Douglas is a good one but as of right now, aside from fans being optimistic, we have no real reason to believe he'd be better at choosing the next head coach or that he'll be good at building a team. He was hired by the same owners that hired John Idzik, Mike MacCagnan, Todd Bowles and Adam Gase recently - all of whom people were excited about when they were initially hired and most of whom we all know better about now. For that reason, I think it is wise to hold off on assuming Douglas knows his head from his ass until he proves it here as the Jets GM.

To be clear, I'm perfectly fine with Douglas being able to choose the next coach - I am just taking issue with the crown he seems to have been given already.

KurtTheJetsFan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  17. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

The trouble is that the Johnson Bros. still have that stupid chain of command with the HC and GM as equals, both reporting to the Trust Fund Twins. This ensures that incompetent millionaires make decisions that should be made by people who actually know something about football, which is probably what the Johnson Bros. intended when they set up this cock-eyed system. If Gase were fired, Chris would probably sit by the phone, waiting for a call from some retired Hall-of-Famer trying to get his out-of-work buddy a new job, which isn't much different from Woody's method of hiring consultants whose goal it to place their proteges in high-paying jobs.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

who invited you ? And how is it exactly that you are related to Gase ? :D

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I can't speak for others here, but I had a bad feeling when Idzik and Gase were hired. This is without the benefit of hindsight.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. This wouldnt be from the outside.It’d be its own department within the jets structure. And it wouldnt be just be for HC/GM canidstes..its for all football related positions.If a scout,strength coordinator, positional coach moves on we have a rolodex & a sense of who the top candidates are rather than depending on search firms or whichever NFLN on air personality they decide to consult. W clueless ownership,the rigorous turnover of personnel in today’s game & the need for quality football people within this organization AT ALL LEVELS..i cant see why youd be opposed to such a venture

Also, whether you like it or not we both know the HC decision will not be solely Douglas decision. Thats not the way Jets have structured their FO & there are a good number of other teams operating under the same model including the very one Douglas came from in the Eagles.it’d be a similar dynamic to the one just undertaken that hired Gase w Douglas taking the place of MAC.

NCJetsfan likes this.