Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I hate actually saying this because it's stupid and would never happen, but if you put Sam on the 2009 or 2010 Jets, they win the SB

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That is stupid.

Sam would have been like 12 years old back then.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jason Campbell on that team and they are champs.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. I said something very similar to that in another post. Put Sam and Bell behind that OL, with our present WRs and TEs or with those in 2009/2010,and they probably win a SB.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

ah gotcha. thanks for the correction

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So, what if, after this game with Darnold at QB, Gase still shows the sucky play calling and game management that he has so far? Would you then want him fired? Or after 2 games, or 3, or...? And if you gave him all that rope and he still hung himself, wouldn't you look back on it and say "We should've fired him weeks ago"?

Maybe you wouldn't. Maybe you have much more patience than some of us, which is your right, but that doesn't mean that the idea of getting rid of him now is crazy. Unconventional? Sure, but it also might be the best move to make.

SOJAZ, K'OB and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This Season is like a Bad Dream and rude wake up call rolled into one

Over the Summer here I am predicting a winning season and now it looks like will be in a Death Match with the Dolphins

SOJAZ, cval and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

That's the thing that really has me disgusted and depressed. I was't quite as optimistic as you, but I was hopeful for maybe 9-7, or at worst 8-8, now 4-12 might be a miracle. I sure hope I'm wrong, but I've got 55+ years of Jets experience that says I'm not.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yup. Expecting even :rolleyes:

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I just checked the rest of our schedule..the only good thing is we have home games and don't have to travel very far

Winnable games: Dolphins Raiders Bengals Redskins Jags? Pitt? Bills?...Giants? (I guess so since Sam has a year more exp than Jones)

De Escalating my Outlook to 4 wins ...with a lot of luck 7/8 lmao

11. mynmisoli

mynmisoli Member

Oh it's so good to be Bills fan. The Jets are making me so happy right now.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Firing a HC after 4 games accomplishes nothing other than making the organization look like more of a joke than they already do. A one & done season out of Gase is bad enough but if he continues to show the incompetence that he has through the first 3 weeks then there wouldn’t be any choice. Either way you give him the full season or close to it.

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fireworks are a great way to celebrate...

FJF likes this.
  14. xfinfan86x

xfinfan86x New Member

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No you don't. This is an arbitrary rule you've made up based on what typically happens.

What is more of a joke, firing someone after three weeks because it's clear they aren't competent or keeping an incompetent person in charge long after you've identified them as incompetent in order to satisfy an arbitrary condition? The biggest joke of all would be if we allowed this guy to spoil about the only thing it has going for it - the best chance we've had at a franchise QB in a long time.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Greg Williams has been eerily silent.

Could there be a coup in the works?

Tune in next week to "As the Jets Turn" ..

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't care much for Gregg Williams, but Williams at HC and Cooter at OC is probably better than what we have now.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Allen is making Falk look like a Star

19. ColoradoContrails

I understand "how things are done", and firing a HC after three games is definitely not how things are usually done, but how well is "doing things by the book" working for them? And do you not think the Jets look like a joke now anyway? As NotSatoshiNakamoto noted, isn't it more ridiculous to keep a HC who you know can't get the job done just for the sake of appearance? Of course you'll probably say that Gase hasn't proven that he can't do the job yet, and you won't be alone in that, so I understand that my judgment that he ought to be fired now is not going to happen, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong that it should happen.

Here's some additional context to consider: The Jets have not won a championship in 50 years, and haven't had a winning season in 8 years. Where is the damn urgency? They owe it to their fans who have stuck by them all this time to do everything they can to turn this around. Getting Darnold was a good first step, and firing Bowles and then finally Macc were also positive steps, but they stuck with Macc and Bowles too long and look what that produced. Gase is showing the exact same things he showed in Miami, Do we really need to give him more time to prove that he won't change? The smart answer is "No", but the politically correct answer is "Yes". I know which the Jets will choose, and that's why this is so depressing.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What does firing him now accomplish? We do not have a competent OC, Greg Williams is definitely not the coach of the future and it makes the Jets look even more pathetic. No coach does well with these injuries.

People keep giving examples of teams that have done well with back-ups but most were decent teams prior to going to the back-up. The Jets won 4 games last season and the players they brought into to help are hurt except Bell. Be reasonable people.

If Gase keeps showing his inability to call a game I will calling for his head at the end of the season but not before then. If the Jets are considering firing him the Douglas should already have a replacement in mind. I like the ex NFL QB's Byron Leftwich and Kellen Moore will be great HC's in the near future.

Acad23 likes this.