"I'm proud of Leo..." - Is Andre Carter on Drugs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 25, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fyp.
    You used too many words

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, sounded awkward so that's why the "Then again..." part was added.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

At least Mo Wilk had the decency to put forth enough effort to get his huge deal - then he completely quit. Leo just isn't very good and nowhere near worth $14 mil...

4. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I really don't expect assistants to say anything nasty. that's the job of DC or HC -- who honestly IMO still should clam up and let them express themselves by awarding playing time (or having them watch from the sidelines)

He's not a bad player IMO; he's just not a 14 mill player, and everyone is super disappointed because "according to Macc" he was potentially the best player in that draft. Maybe now we're seeing why some teams let him slide to us

there's also a psychological dimensions. Not every human being is wired to max out compete, even when they think it's a lost cause. Who knows maybe a different Leo reveals himself if we start winning. He had his best year with us when we expected to win games

I'm all in on Quinnen and hope he beasts-out, but I do have some doubts simply because it was Macc pulling the trigger; there are a number of other defensive rookies lighting it up already: Josh Allen, Oliver, Burns, also good things being said about Wilkens in Miami

grkmanga31 likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Gase and his coaching staff have the Propaganda Machine in full swing

Gase loves to get on players ..why not Leo?

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's so Leo!... :confused:

7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

maybe this is the reason this DL has little to no sacks... Maybe we are all just stupid and do not see his true value? Personally I think this coach is a compete ass for making this statement when most intelligent people know that guy is invisible in most games... IF and that is a big if, they should trade his ass now and get something for him...

8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets will just have to draft another defensive lineman in the 1st round next year.

PabloJa and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. LW is a pure hidden production player.That was pretty much his deal in college too.He’ll occassionally occupy 2,push the pocket, maintain his lane but he lacks any moves at all & continues to be hampered by a very slow get off.

From the very beginning i thought the best spot for him was at nose.His length & short area quickness make him quite the roadblock even if he cant disengage to save his life.

Theyve refused to go that route & you see the results.Perfectly acceptable performance from a starting NFL DL.but for a top 10 pick who actually was being considered for #1 overall,hes a huge disappointment. Its appauling that neither CS hes played under has been able to fix his piss poor get off. How has that never been a focal point of his in the offseason?!With his power,length & fluidity if his get off was even average hed have at least 5 more sacks in his career.

chandler, Acad23 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not excusing leo here at all, but to be fair a lot of getting sacks takes luck. most teams would be happier with a d-lineman getting 5 sacks a year but 6 pressures/hits a game over one that gets 10 sacks but no other pressures. FWIW right now von miller and bradley chubb who combined for 26.5 sacks last season have a combined 0 right now. Matter of fact the entire broncos as a team have 0 sacks in 3 games. You can't tell me that both of those players just started sucking out of nowhere. The chargers also have less sacks then us and they have joey bosa and melvin ingram but have only 4 team sacks as a whole (ingram and bosa combine for 2.5 of those)

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Nice breakdown.

Sacks...pressures....whatevs...but tackles are important....and he's sucking at that.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

That doesn't make any sense to me. Why would a player that has 10 sacks have no other pressures in games and why would a player with 5 sacks consistantly get other pressures?

Almost sounds like a right place, right time explanation for how sacks happen. I don't buy that.

I also don't buy that pressures > sacks. That's garbage. How many times have we seen the Jets or another team almost get a sack then the QB escapes and makes a backbreaking play? Get the qb down, end the play that's why the guys that CONSISTANTLY do that the most year in & year out break the bank.

I don't closely follow the Broncos and Chargers so I can't comment on why that's happening. It's still early in the year, those players have proven what they can do I wouldn't compare those situations to what's happening here with Leonard Williams a player that's underachieved for years here.

13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

But but but... he was BPA! Sadly, we will see the exact same thing with Quinnen Williams. Say it with me everyone: “Day 3 and the FA is where you go DL in the 3-4.”

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

They've been putting out fluff articles on underperforming, high drafted Jets for years. Not surprising.

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

No, it's the Jets. Gotta draft DL in the 1st round.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

because it happens. sometimes you get in unblocked, sometimes you get a QB rolling to you due to interior pressure, sometimes you get a QB run OOB instead of chucking it away and you were the closest person so you get a sack.

I'm not saying pressures > sacks. they aren't. but pressures are important. Only way a pressure = a sack is if the pressure causes an intentional grounding penalty, which happens and basically screws a player out of a sack. sacks aren't everything.

17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Leonard Williams doesn't consistantly get sacks or pressures or QB hits so what's the point? Anyone who says otherwise is full of it.

I watch the games.

I saw him get a QB pressure or two early in the Buffalo game not much since. I have no reason to lie.

It angers me greatly when I read articles like this. So Trumaine Johnson gets benched but they're so proud of Leo talk about a double standard.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Leonard Williams was the BPA.. That's all you need to know..

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

When people react angrily to these types of articles it show their entitlement. Why do you feel the d line coach needs to serve you a pound of flesh regarding Leo?

20. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Can't remember the last time the guy made an impact play. Yeah, he takes on a double team a lot. But I watch his play and its like he just hangs out and gives a half-ass effort. Or else its not a half -ass effort and he's just weak AF. He doesn't play and he doesn't produce like a top -10 drafted DT. And he does not seem to improve year-to-year.

And edit-- I'm not questioning the draft pick. You draft based on the information available at the time and he was unanimously billed as the BPA, and a "steal" of the draft. Rather, I'm just frustrated that it seems he's settled into a role as an average NFL defensive lineman. Seems so few of our "can't miss" players pan out.

21. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

But he was playing in the PAC 12, not exactly the hotbed of college football