Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Rex didn't hire anyone. he was a HC not a GM. he didn't call the offense, he didn't draft players. Judging solely on the sucess of the team under rex. objectively speaking he was the best we have had. I'm not saying the bar is very high because we both know it isn't but that wasn't the point. I'm not saying rex is the best HC in the NFL or even a great one, I'm saying he was the best we had and with a decent OC and QB we likely win a SB under him. Also he was a great leader. I'm not sure what you think makes him a bad leader but players would "run through walls" for him, they loved him, they fought hard for him, they wanted to be here and play for him. He was a great talent recruiter. hell he even got jason taylor to play for the jets. being a "child" or the team lacking discipline doesn't make him a bad leader. rex was by every measure a great leader. the problem with rex is his act grew thin when the winning stopped. His personality cost him a job more then anything

Ralebird likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

When I said push the ball downfield I meant past the line of scrimmage...maybe even to the sticks.

Roll outs...slants...flea flickers...end arounds....something.

SOJAZ, NYJFOREVER, Peebag and 2 others like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Ah, OK. I can go with that.

4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

It wore thin long before that. Around the second game of his first season I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Rex most certainly did hire and fire his OCs, and he changed them what, at least 2, if not 3-4 times. I don't think we would have ever won a SB under Rex. You have a very selective memory. He would have great game plans against some teams, but against others it was like he didn't care or had nothing. He would have found a way to sabotage the team or screw things up. He's a screw up. His act was tired even when he was winning. I despised him and still do. His personality didn't help, but his stupidity and failings as a coach is what got him fired.

We're just gonna have to disagree on this.

SOJAZ and westiedog1 like this.
  6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

There was a least one guy that Rex "hired," FB John Connor (The Terminator.) It was widely reported that this was a guy Rex badly wanted. Nevertheless, who the hell trades up (costing a late round pick) in the 5th round to draft a FB? The fact that this guy was so tough (the reason Rex wanted him) that he sustained multiple concussions and was out of football within 2 years is beside the point. It could also be said that Rex (with help from Sparano) hired Tim Tebow to run the wildcat.

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Agree

Gotta play desperate and fight. Not play like a pouting pussy.

Even if we lose them all, fucking go down fighting

Not with the white flag

Acad23 likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Rex and his "guarantees" lmao

Namath did it once ...Rex at least 12xs

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think most normal functioning humans can agree that no matter who the hell is playing quarterback, offensive genius Gase better be able to put up points on the Eagles defense that we saw last night... right?

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Gase sucks, at least 15 months of suffering left from this moron

CBG likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gecko we can only hope that the " QB whisperer " snaps ( which could easily happen ) and gets into a shouting match with Chris Johnson. The biggest problem with this is not whether or not he snaps but instead it is our uninvolved clueless owner/ owners most likely would not have the balls to confront Gase on anything

12. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Nah, you're eyes aren't open, they're frantically searching for everything you can knock on him. It's so audacious that you can call for someone's job after 3-4 weeks. His game management has been decent enough, and he's had bad players. But you already know this. You're well aware that you're a troll and that your opinion is ridiculous--but I'm still going to call you out for it.

chandler likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

On what planet has Gase’s game management been decent enough? It’s been atrocious.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He's a quitter. That has nothing to do with the fact that he has bad players. He gives up possessions and games when it seems hard. He's told us this with his own words and actions.

You think I'm a troll because I don't want this losers stink rubbing off on the best chance we've had at a franchise QB seen Pennington? Good for you.

I've been a fan since the mid 80's. I'm not going to scrub the guys balls because the Jets hired him. The Jets make bad hires all the time and this is one of the worst I've seen.

#794 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The early returns seem to suggest he does indeed suck. However I’ll wait to see what his offense looks like with his QB healthy for at least one game before making a final determination on him, as most rational folks should do.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

By now, it should be abundantly clear that Johnsons just KNOW how to pick the bad apple from the ENTIRE STOCK OF APPLE BUCKET.

It is indeed a remarkable skill - except the Johnsons feed the fans with the bad apples they picked. [Why don't they choke on it first? That would be a nice change of pace for this franchise.]

#796 Zach, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  17. GasedAndConfused

I guess we have to agree to disagree. even if you feel the way you do, the reality is rex got us to 2 AFC champ games in 6 years. no other coach has done that for us

NCJetsfan and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

Still wasn't rex call. Rex said that MT allowed him 1 late pick in the draft every year, that was his. said he was scouting a RB and that connor stood out more on film then the RB did and he wanted him. Still MT allowed it. GM has final say in the draft. He didn't need to allow rex that luxury.

19. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

If Gase truly does suck, I certainly hope the Trust Fund Twins figure that out sooner than the four year it took them to realize Bowles was a lousy head coach.

20. One correction..it was an LB he was scouting that Connor kept blowing up

GasedAndConfused likes this.