The end of Francesa

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Yisman, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

"James Dolan is going to give him anything he wants, pay him all the money he wants." Or not.

Ralebird likes this.
  3. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Da intuhnet was da worst thing that could have happened to Francesa. It keeps his stash of mushes on Youtube forever and ever.

My guess is he will say something like..... Waitasekent!! I nevuh said dat! What I said wuz... [insert bullshit]. Remember, he can never be wrong.

Brook! likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I almost forgot about Mike Zaun. I can't believe how spot on his impression was. I know this one is from last year, but this cracked me up

5. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

He was shitting on both the Giants and Jets today. But he really hates the Jets uniforms.

Dats da ugliest shade of green I've evuh seen.

jilozzo likes this.
  6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

LOL I don’t think this reflects well on either Shurmur or Fatty TBH

Antoni and GasedAndConfused like this.
  7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Da writing is on da wawl.

Shurmah and Gettleman awr lame duck CLOWNZ.

Da Giants awr footbawl clowns now.

YOUAH DRAFTED JONES AT NUMBAH SIX!!!

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

9. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for him to go to Radio.com. Look forward to someone new in the afternoons.

Wish Shurmur would've said your app is awful. Who'd pay 8.99 a month for that?

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

lol he sells apps now?

11. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

You must have missed the ever popular Mike's On app. For $8.99 you got to listen to him. Not sure what he was selling but it was awful and Radio.com brought it. Rumor is he's leaving the FAN and working solely on Radio.com. Who know.

https://radioink.com/2019/09/03/no-more-paywall-for-mikes-app/

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sports Radio has become so bad as a rule almost all of it is barely listenable at this point. When all you have to choose from is shit or shit, you still get shit. The only broadcaster I still really like is Steve Somers.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I like Evan Roberts. He's usually fair in his takes.

stinkyB and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

that FAN afternoon slot could eventually be bart scott's for the taking. not sure who he could pair with but he is a good listen even at this early stage in his radio career.

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

nothing was better than david diehl calling him frank. hilarious.

funhouse has gotten almost as big as the fat man just by fucking with him every single day.

CBG likes this.
  16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I believe it was Tuesday at 5:40, Fatso said let's take some calls.....there are no calls on my screen.....give me a call! I have no calls on my screen.....give me a call.....oh.....then he read a commercial and went to commercial, he really had no calls.....

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Somers is like grandpa. You love the guy and all but you don't want to be spending your friday and saturday nights with him, ya know

Tony Paige was great, but he upped and quit. Not much to listen to at night any more except maybe Hahn at 7

Jonathan_Vilma and CBG like this.
  18. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Funhouse is great. Only way I can tolerate Francessa. We should start a thread of his picks and pick against them and see how much money we make. I'd do it but don't listen to it. If anyone listens today please post. I'll pick against them on Sunday.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I have a soft spot for Somers, partly because to this day he still says, "Rangers in seven!" - especially when it's far from relevant. Someone can be talking about basketball and he'll say it, haha. "Steve, do you think LeBron . . ." "Rangers in seven!" LMAO.

Plus, the show after the Jets dismantled the Cheats in Cheatsette Stadium and knocked them out of the POs was one of the most enjoyable broadcasts I ever listened to as a Jets fan. His bit on pot-smoking lazy ass Shaun Ellis was hilarious. He also used to jab Fatcesa over Wayne Chrebet when Francesa ripped Chrebet apart when he was a rookie (as a matter of fact, Fatty and Russo did it in tandem one day for at least 15 minutes straight). It was so bad that callers were jamming the lines to complain. Unfortunately a good deal of that was to push ratings, and people took the bait.

Somers wouldn't let it go. "I know Chrebet is a Lilliputian in the land of the Giants, but give the man some credit." Word Play, because if you think Fatcesa gargles the Giants balls now you should've heard how insufferable it was around the time he owned a horse with Fat Parcells.

P.S.: I've said this before about Shaun Ellis. To be fair, he was a better than decent player, I just think he had the potential to have a much better career than he did. His work ethic was slightly off, and I think if he pushed himself harder at times he could've been extremely memorable. I gotta say, though, that his game in that PO was the most complete game of his career IMO. He was all over the place. Yeah, pot-smoking lazy ass Shaun Ellis.

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Well 1/3rd of the killer NY radio is gone. Stephen A is not doing it in 2020. Now if we can get both Michael's and a Peter to go I'd be happy.