Should the Jets Fire Gase at the Bye Week?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 23, 2019.

?

Should the Jets Fire Gase at the Bye Week?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    81.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

They will not fire Gase until after 2020 season, at the earliest. That is when they don't have to keep paying $$ for the foolish extensions given to Mcnuts and Toilet Bowl AFTER consecutive 5-11 seasons.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If you concede that he might deserve being fired before the end of the season, then considering firing him now really isn't "ridiculous". He's continued to make the same kinds of mistakes he made in Miami, so it really isn't just 3 games that this conclusion is based upon. If you fired him now you give the interim guy the bye week t try and get something in place.

I agree that it's almost unthinkable that Chris Johnson would fire him now, or even after this season, no matter how bad it goes, but it's not like Chris Johnson is known for his football genius. Assuming Gase remains for now, I truly hope he gets his head out of his own ass and reverses things, but my bet is he won't. He's got a massive ego and is living in denial of his role in the problems. I predicted when he was hired that if he didn't get off to a fast start, regardless of circumstance, he was going to face a lot of heat. Well the heat is here, let's see how long he can stand it.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Here is another guy who does nothing but make excuses and name call without responding to the points being made. Shocker.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Gase is going to do long term damage to Darnold if he's allowed to stick around for long.

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Well it WOULD be fitting since Gase got a sitting GM fired after letting him run the offseason. But ultimately just as pointless atm with the Jets' other issues.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yup.

And I keep thinking it's gonna be incredible if Gase succeeds once everyone is healthy. This place will be in shock LOL

A lot of people going all in on the hate for Gase.

chandler likes this.
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Is it pointless if Gase is going to be molding Darnold into captain check-down and or getting him injured because the wacky scheme allows all kinds of free rushers? The talent on our offensive line is horrid, but we didn't see this shit last year and we've upgraded at least one position on the line, possibly two.

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The guy has been one of the worst head coaches in the league for years. It's just mind blowing that the idiots running the team actually thought he was their best option. Rather than hire a proven winner, or an unknown, they waste no time in snatching up the fired loser from the only franchise run worse than ours. Simply astonishing. But we are stuck with him for 2019. It it what it is.

I just hope they get their heads out of their asses at the end of the season and are willing to bite the bullet and move on. Other teams have done it, and we need to do it as well ... before they throw away another 3 or 4 years marveling at the emperor's new clothes.

The emperor sucks.

9. ColoradoContrails

For the umpteenth time: It's not the 0-3 start that's the problem with Gase. It's this:

http://turnonthejets.com/2019/09/new-york-jets-bye-week-the-three-things-teams-to-learn-from/

"As it stands now, we have seen the exact same offense from Gase that he ran in Miami. The same swing pass 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 3, is the same one he did with Ryan Tannehill, the same one he did with Sam Darnold week 1, the same one he did with Trevor Siemian week 2 and the same one he did with Luke Falk in week 3. When Darnold is back, the team must play to his strengths, get him on the move to mitigate offensive line concerns and show some flexibility off what didn’t work for Gase in Miami. It is about building a system that fits your players, not fitting the players into your system."

If Gase didn't see fit to change his ways after his failures in Miami, and so far through 3 games with the Jets, why does anyone think he's going to change now? To correct a problem, first you have to admit there is a problem. Gase's schemes and playcalling are problems, but to listen to him THAT isn't the problem, it's poor execution by the players. So, apparently the solution is that we just have to wait until we replace the majority of the roster with players that can execute Gase's plans!

THAT'S what you call ridiculous.

grkmanga31, K'OB, truthbtold and 2 others like this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We should fire Gase then bring him back to the practice squad for a year so he can learn how to coach at an NFL level. Gase is talented but needs time to develop.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

"The players need to execute"

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Oh spare me, tired of babying these QBs. Darnold is gonna be good or bad on his own. If Darnold's good enough, he will make Gase look like a genius and you look foolish.

Attackett likes this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

IMO Darnold is the best QB prospect we've had since Pennington - maybe better. Coaching is important in the NFL and Gase was brought in (foolishly) for the purpose of molding Darnold into the franchise QB he has the potential to be. Maybe he's good enough to overcome the box that Gase is trying to force him into, but he will also have to deal with a bunch of unblocked defenders getting a free shot at him way too many times along the way. It's an uphill battle for sure. It will be nothing less than a miracle if Darnold is able to succeed with this guy running the show and weighing him down, giving up possessions and games along the way.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No, it is completely ridiculous, given the situation of the first 3 games. Can't use anything he did in Miami to evaluate him as the Jets Head Coach. That should only be used in the hiring process. The Jets liked him enough to hire him despite his average at best tenure in Miami.

This thread will be funny to look back on when Gase starts winning and the offense looks better. And it will.

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Can you explain why you're so optimistic the offense is going to start looking better?

In Miami he never had an offense in the top half of the league in yards or points scored, in fact he was usually closer to the bottom of the league.

2018: 31 YPG 26 PPG
    2017: 25 YPG 28 PPG
    2016: 24 YPG 17 PPG

But now you're confident the offense is going to turn a corner here and be good? What is the reason? Given the evidence and facts we have available to us, it would seem more ridiculous to assume things will suddenly change without some kind of reason.

Unless Darnold suddenly transports Peyton Mannings brain into his head and becomes healthy, I don't see it happening.

btw, so far this year we're 32nd in YPG & 31st in PPG. Maybe when you say "the offense will get better" you mean we'll move up to like 27th in YPG & PPG.

#95 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    The Dark Knight and Ralebird like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

I can see your point about discarding his Miami experience, but it does need to be considered. True, the players were different, but he's shown the same pattern of scheme and playcalling, as well as continuing to be an excuse-making asshole. This argues against him making any changes.

And I'll be more than happy to laugh along if my prediction about him proves false and they begin winning, because THAT is my only wish for this team.

The Dark Knight, K'OB and SOJAZ like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I believe Darnold is a better QB than Tannehill, so I also believe, provided Darnold comes back healthy, the offense will look better than it did in Miami. But I have no faith better will mean good.

18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well from your writing to God's ears... BUT...

Its not just the last three games. He is 0-6 for his last 6 games. His play calling in Miami was conservative and his PC here is similar if not the same. He hasn't changed anything - no dam adjustments. Like other coaches before him, he "knows" his systems works even if he is witnessing failure. His arrogance/ego will not allow him to admit that he is failing. Just my opinion based on observing 52 years the parade of fools they call HC come through.. There have been a few exceptions but not many mind you.

Finally, I know we all want the team to play better and post some W. However, I got to tell you all that I just do not have faith in AG. I hope I am wrong-- and I stated I would eat crow - but IMHO he and his playbook are part of the problem and not the solution. Any good coach worth his salt will adjust his schemes to the players abilities... Ask yourself if you have seen that here and then consider that even when he got "his" type of guys in Miami his teams still posted losing seasons the last two years... just saying.

Forgot to add...the JETS best player Le’Veon Bell admitted that Gase was outcoached after the debacle against the Patriots. he was also outcoached

#98 SOJAZ, Sep 26, 2019
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why is it that we are supposed to discount the bulk of his head coaching career as if it didn't happen though? I must have missed that memo.

We can only judge him on what he's done, which is shitty.

#99 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 26, 2019
    Ralebird likes this.
  20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This is reasonable. I think Darnold has more potential than Tannehill but so far he has not produced at the level Tannehill has in his career. So as a minor bone to pick with this, I don't think it's quite fair to say Darnold is better than Tannehill yet. He has the potential to be better, that's for sure.

As for Tannehill, he had his best season before Gase ever arrived. He had similar seasons under Gase, but never showed growth in production under him.

#100 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.