Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that's not true at all. i already disproved that. teams didn't reach for them, they were projected at that. Regardless though at the end of the day, even if it is a reach (which it wasn't) it was still a 1st round pick meaning NFL scouts and NFL GMs for those teams deemed the player worthy. I get reaches, hell the texans this draft reached for an OT in the 1st that should have been a 4th rounder. it happens it's still a 1st round bust if they fail.

I'm not saying to live and die by that info, i'm just pointing out that WR is one of the toughest positions to guage in the draft. more-so then most and that good WRs can be found all over the draft. I have nothing against taking a WR in the 1st, i just think we have bigger needs and this is a very rare good o-line draft and that is our biggest need. having an eilte WR doesn't mean crap if the QB has no time to throw it to him. and the steelers are not good at late round talent at all. they are good at finding WRs but have been awful at other positions, especially CB when drafting.

there is also easily an OT to take top 5 in Andrew Thomas. He isn't a reach at all. We also won't be picking top 5. probably more in the 8-12 range. He can be the anchor of our line for a decade. If we can land a C and LT in this draft like we did with brick and mangold that would be a way bigger boost to this team then landing a WR.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That is all I meant, bust is harsh, it was just two seasons back he was a TD machine but was ignored last year but he has 3 already this time around.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

And just to be clear, are you taking this position with only the 2019 campaign factored in?

If you are using his whole career to make this assessment, I can't disagree more and there's no point furthering discussion on this.

4. GasedAndConfused

yeah bust was harsh for sure. more like good enough to be on a team and produce but not a starting WR

K'OB likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well 5 years ago he was a superstar, sure. Not sure why we need to point that out to feel better about ourselves

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Grass isn't always greener. Colin Ferrell through 3 games, Allen, Burns are running laps around Ferrell.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

He's been disappointing so far this year. Certainly not a superstar this year, so yes, I agree.

That being said, I'm attributing a lot of the poor production to things outside of his control. The play calling and OL needs to get better.

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We could've gotten Allen or Burns, but had to take a too good to pass up DL. :mad::mad::mad:

chandler and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Bless (you thank you) Player Available.

10. To be fair everyone knew Ferrell was a reach except for Mike Mayock who always has had a quirky eye for talent.

Also Ferrell is more of a 2 way strong side DE ala Shaun Ellis/Mario Williams while Burns & Allen are both pure weakside edge burners

chandler likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm just saying apply that to any draft and the Jets could easily screw it up. Only reason they drafted Ferrell is because he fit their scheme, you are suppose to take talented players and make the scheme fit around them. Ferrell ain't special, the defensive coordinator had a hard on for him.

You don't trade all pro talent. Didn't work when we traded Revis and it probably won't work here.

FJF likes this.
  12. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

The day Jamal Adams is our biggest problem is the day we've got it made.

NYJFOREVER, FJF, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Devil's Advocate: If a team offers a 2020 1st and 2021 2nd for Adams and Douglas pulls the trigger, the following happens. We get Andrew Thomas with their 1st round pick and Tyler Biadasz with the 1st rounder they acquired. In round 2, they take a WR prospect from what's supposed to be a deep class. The OL gets a much needed improvement and the offense gets a possible #1 WR. Rounds 3-7 can be used to address CB and OL depth. And we have an extra 2nd in the 2021 draft.

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You guys put way too much stock on unproven draft picks vs proven players. You're giving up a pro bowl caliber future gold jacket Safety for a fukin draft pick. GTFO with this nonsense already. Keep your great players and build.. PERIOD!!!!!

Ralebird, Aero, NYJFOREVER and 4 others like this.
  15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You lost credibility when you called Sammy Watkins a bust. He maybe injured often but when on the field, he is a difference maker as he has shown time and time again.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

One complaint by jets fans - we never pick well in the draft

Pick a good one and some want to trade it for some unknown round 1 draft and let's be honest he wouldn't be leaving to a team that was going to provide a high pick to compensate losing Adams anyway.

17. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

What are the characteristics of a great safety and which safety in your lifetime posessed those qualities? Ronnie Lot had vision, hands, speed, hard hitting and big play abilities. He was a game changer. Adams may develop those qualities but right now he has only showed me effort and energy.
    Trying hard to write a good novel is not why books sell. They have to actually be good.

rinvesto likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

he was the 4th overall pick. he has been in the NFL for 6 years. he's only cracked 1000 yards once (year 2) and already been on 3 teams now. he hasn't crackled 600 yards in the past 3 years. He'll probably do it now with the mahomes/chiefs bump in production. but he's barely a starting WR in the NFL. not what you'd expect from the 4th overall pick. If he was a jet, you'd all hate him. On top of that he was the 1st WR taken that drfat out of 5 in the 1st round. the next 2 made probowls and are elite WRs (beckham, evans) followed by cooks who is better then sammy, and finally benjamin who was a bust. Landy, adams and robinson were taken in the 2nd round that year and better then him. Out of the 10+ WRS taken in the 1st 2 rounds that year, he isn't even in the top 5.

19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He’s not “barely” a starting WR in NFL. He’s started on every team he’s been on and would start for every team he goes to. Injuries have derailed a lot of his career but he is far from a bust. You’re way too quick to label someone a bust. Busts are players who were drafted high that have done next to nothing in their careers. Ie Vernon Goulston, Ryan Leaf etc....

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Frankly, as much as I love Jamal and what he brings to the table in terms of tenacity, having an all-pro safety is a luxury. Especially when you look at this atrocious roster.

If the Jets can parlay him into some draft picks AND they can be used appropriately, it may make sense to deal him -- even more so if he's going to be a malcontent.