Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i'm curious. whom did you prefer?

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It’s not flawed at all. We have a crappy roster to begin with. A sick qb and people want to fire Gase after 3 games. It’s absurd. What’s more absurd is thinking Douglas should stay if Gase is fired.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

At the time, I would have loved a combo of Rhule and Monken. I think Rhule would have had the respect of the players as a head coach given how highly he's spoken of on the collegiate level and Monken has a very good grasp on the modern day NFL offense without severely overthinking the way Gase does. I think Monken not having the playcalling duties in Cleveland is a stupid decision.

FinnishJET and grkmanga31 like this.
  4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think he should be fired yet, but that game was an absolute embarrasment. There was no effort made whatsoever to compete. Th eteam was beaten before it stepped on the field. The Jets would lose that game 99 times out of a hundred, but they could at least show some fight. The coaches gave them nothing to work with. Absolutely nothing. It felt very much like the Kotite years.

5. BroadwayAaron

"Douglas is only here because of Gase" is nothing more than a blanket statement based off the fact that they have a friendship. You're basically eliminating any possibility that he could be here because he just so happens to be one of the most respected personnel guys in the game that other teamss already wanted to hire and the Eagles wouldn't let him go. That's foolish.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

But Douglas didn't hire Gase and if the offense continues to be inept, that won't help Gase's case for getting another year. The offense looked far better under Bates with a shaky OL and no impact skill position players.

SOJAZ likes this.
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Clearly you didn’t see the Cards play last year and haven’t seen them play this year if you believe they aren’t doing any better. They are much better this year.

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The real test will be how the team looks when Darnold and the others who are injured/suspended come back. If the team isn't greatly improved, I'm not quite sure what Gase offers that we couldn't get from someone else.

I need to see some changes on the o-line as well since they all look like they have no idea who they're supposed to block. It wreaks off ineptitude and I'm not sure if its because they haven't played much together, scheme, overall bad talent level, or a combination of all 3. It is very very concerning seeing some notable players dip in production this year, when last year there was a level of production.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

point being? i'm talking about as a jets coach. I don't care what he did before or after.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I haven't watched the Cardinals play since 2016 when they beat the Jets on Monday Night Football. I'll take your word for it I guess. Zero wins but "much better"

11. BrowningNagle

the Jets weren't even looking for a new general manager until Gase got here. Gase got McCagnan fired and they promptly hire Gase's handpicked candidate Joe Douglas.

Welcome to reality

12. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

We're going to find out how good of friends Gase & Joe really are if we keep on losing

KurtTheJetsFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

thats true the effort level was weak on Sunday. in general the effort level on this team has been poor for several years

14. BroadwayAaron

You know what you’re right. Douglas is only here because of Gase. There’s no football reasons to bring in a guy who helped build championship teams over the last 15ish years. None at all. This is a Gase hire.

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I just hope Gase retires a Jet. Ideally tomorrow.

ColoradoContrails and grkmanga31 like this.
  16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Wins is the desired outcome, but you can play better than the previous year and still not be better than your opponents. But losses don’t equate to equal performance.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I get that Gase helped Douglas get this job but if you compare Resumes Joe Douglas and his tenure with the Eagles Super Bowl run looks a lot better than Gase

Plus , the Owners gave Douglas a 6 year deal vs AG 's 3/4 one. As time goes on, and I could be wrong, JD has more credibility around the League than Mac ever did

Douglas must have interviewed saying" he knows Gase and can work well with him"

That's not saying he supposed to Tutor Gase on playcalling or Coaching hahah

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I don't get all the Rex hate he was a pretty good coach for us and to be honest if he had Sam darnold and a competent offensive coordinator we would have made the Super Bowl

19. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Rex has been our best HC in the last decade

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Something that seems to escape you in your constant quest to be right is that the one who disagree with you want the same thing as you: for the Jets to finally stop being the SOJ and become consistent winners. Your comments like "I can not wait to watch all your heads explode when he isn't hahaha!" shows you to me more concerned with being right than seeing the Jets win.

And you make it seem like all those who run an NFL franchise are knowledgeable and disciplined. Have you actually been following the Jets for any length of time? The Johnsons are the very epitome of clueless. That said, it would be one the few smart things they've ever done to recognize they made a mistake in hiring Gase and to correct it forthwith. I understand that it probably won't happen, because...well,because they're the Johnsons, but that doesn't mean firing Gase is wrong.

And what are these "levels" of wrongness you speak of? Please enumerate them. But consider before you do that all of them are simply your opinion, not fact.

And having a healthy Darnold and Bell will not be enough to bring in any decent FAs as long as Gase is the HC. Not only is his coaching bad, his tendency to blame the players for his mistakes is a major red flag to any player.

The longer we wait to get rid of Gase, the worse things will get.

SOJAZ and HomeoftheJets like this.