Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Well sure, because Rich Kotite became available. Hess had no patience for a loser like Carroll. He wanted to win NOW!

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Even Charley Winner, Weeb's anointed son in law, after going 7 - 7 his first year got blown out in week nine after going 2 - 7. Nothing is sacred.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Gase might well fire himself by season end.

4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

The o-line is the main problem. We have gone up against 3 good defensive teams and they totally outclassed the o-line. I am not saying Gase is not to blame to a certain extent, but he just doesn't have the horses to pull the cart.Three games now & I can count on one hand how many times our QB had a clean pocket to throw, totally taking away any chance of a vertical passing game & in turn teams load the box & killed our running game. Let's face it all of the chips are stacked against Gase from proving his worth. Schedule, injuries, roster, new systems. Against the Patriots all four of our projected starting linebackers at the beginning of the year were not playing....Avery, Jenkins, Mosely, Copeland. I think it's unfair to blame Gase who's trying to put it all together without Quincy, Herndon, not to mention a third string QB & oh as I mentioned a POOR O-LINE. I was never a fan of Gase, but You have to give him a chance to rite the ship. I don't think any HC would do much better under these circumstances. much to early to pull the trigger on Gase.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I was thinking things over yesterday and it hit me that the very existence of this thread only three games into the 2019 season shows what a epic failure Gase has been so far with the Jets.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It starts with replacing the center and spending the bye week with Harrison working on protections.

Harrison is a smart player, everyone is wrong about him. He’s not a household name but he can do the job and he will do it better than Kalil who has been atrocious

KurtTheJetsFan and zace like this.
  7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Atrocious might be an understatement

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

But the underperforming Jets went 8-8 the year before under Coslett. At a minimum, the expectation for Caroll had to be better than 8-8 and it didn't help that he lost the last 5 games in a row. Of course, this is a guy who really turned around his coaching career, but when he was with the Jets, he was bad, and he was bad with the Pats as well. I'm not a Gase fan, but he'll probably get more time because of the all the bad luck injuries.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He's not going to be fired after one year LOL

And I can not wait to watch all your heads explode when he isn't hahaha!

Years of piss poor drafts by Mac and Idzik and injuries galore have put Gase in a horrendous situation. Anyone with a fuckin brain would understand firing him after one year would be a piss poor decision on so many levels. Hence why no one on here is running an NFL franchise or makes decisions like that in a professional sports career.

Gase will definitely be here after year 1, rightly so, and him and Douglas will be working diligently on next year's draft and offseason moves. Having a healthy Darnold and Le'veon Bell will help bring in some key free agents. If Douglas can hit on draft picks like we all expect him to, Gase will then be put to task to coach with a far more talented roster with ZERO excuses.

If he sucks after that, he will then be fired.

jixxjr, nicg4360, dmw and 2 others like this.
  10. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Have you seen the blocking schemes they're running? That's the main reason for the lack of protections. It doesn't help that the O-line sucks in general, but the fact that there's been so many designed plays where the edge rushers have been unblocked with no particular purpose says that he can't coach his way out of a paper bag. It's one thing if they're losing because they have holes in talent, but Gase is showing himself to be completely inept. It's not that they're unable to win, they can't even SCORE. We've had weaker teams than this do a hell of a lot more, and under subpar coaches.
    I don't usually call for a coach to be fired in year one. But I'm making an exception for this, because I don't see any signs that there's any point to giving him any longer than this season.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We should fire him now. The next HC should get a 1 game contract.

NCJetsfan and legler82 like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

and that really worked out great lol

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I know the OP was using this as a joke, but I doubt we see Gase leave before the end of the season. I do hope he's one and done at the end of the year though. Ask him to pull an Al Groh and head off to college or something.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Why just fire him? Let's press charges.

While we're at it, can we file extradition papers to get Mccaggnan back to Florham Park to face war crime charges? If Joe Douglas is inept enough that he can't fix this by Thanksgiving, he'll be gone too. Damn it, we're Jets fans. 51 years!

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Cards kept their GM who had both Houston and KC jump ahead of them to take Watson and Mahomes. They drafted a project at linebacker. He traded up to take Rosen the following year. He waited until after drafting Murray to put Rosen on the trade block and got Miami’s lower 2. They haven’t won a game since getting rid of Wilks.

The Cardinals have a shit owner and shit GM Gase at least exposed Mac. He deserves a few games with a healthy QB for that alone.

legler82, twown and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

and yet they aren't doing any better with Wilks' replacement. maybe they should fire him too

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Does this make Wilks any less terrible? I commend them for realizing it early on and getting rid of the problem. Their issue is what they did afterwards.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. Falco21

And for the 100000000000th time, I am not saying Gase isn't to blame for some of the outcome we have seen.

My point was in a much larger picture than simple schemes and play calling. We have shit talent on this roster. A mixture of horrible drafts and injuries. Once we are healthy and have more talent, we can properly evaluate Gase and his job as the Jets Head Coach.

And it all leads back to my point, he's not going to be fired after this year. End of story

19. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

this is a roster issue not a coach issue.

lack of talent, and a lack of talent for the kind of schemes they want to run. At the moment the OL is very confused (seems particularly true for tight ends -- which is inexplicable (sarcasm) given that Macc pulled the genius move of drafting t blocking TE who i think has less than 10 snaps on the season)

the reason the offense sucks at the moment is that we can neither pass block or run block' teams are packing it in. Even a healthy Darnold will suffer until they start getting some rhythm as a unit

dmw and Falco21 like this.
  20. Falco21

It's a fine line I am walking when it comes to the current situation.

Gase has run some shitty plays and has made me scratch my head a few times, but I am of the same belief you have stated. I think A LOT of the shit play calling stems from a depleted roster and little talent.

Having a third string QB running the offense is a joke. Missing your starting TE really sucks. Missing a starting WR hurts.

I am excited to see what this team looks like with Darnold back and Herndon back. If things continue this way, it will be a cause for concern. Until then, I will simply not ignore the facts in front of me