Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Right now I would kill for Mangini or Rex part two. We are in unprecedented territory.

AJT73 likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Mangini wasn't that bad....was he?

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

rex was by and far the best jets coach we've had in like 30 years (excluding the couple of years we had parcells) I was gonna make a post about it. we should have never ran him out of town TBH. not saying gase won't turn things around. it's only been 3 games and injuries and a lack of talent on the o-line are hurting him. it's not fair to judge him right now. The injury bug has killed us. we suited up all 4 starting LBers this past week that were backups. copeland suspended, jenkins, williamson, and mosley injured. also no Q on the d-line who was 3rd overall. that's an insane amount of injuries in the front 7 and our D still looked good all things considered. not to mention the huge lack of talent at CB. poole and hairston are our 2 best CBs funny enough

4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This times a million

No one is saying he should be putting up 60 a game

We know Sam is hurt

But for fucks sake try to leverage some of your guru status to move the chains

Run some bootlegs
    Double reverses
    Fake punt
    Laterals
    On side kick to start game
    Wildcat
    Phily Specials
    Hurry up offense

You have to try things because the first down run and second and third down 2 yard passes ain’t working

ColoradoContrails and FlaJet like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Gase's unwillingness to adapt to what he calls "poor execution" is so frustrating.

He has to try to push the ball down field...if just to move those linebackers out of the box a bit.
    These behind the LOS passes are dumb.

I'm not a mathematician...but this shit ain't working... :mad:

6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

It was only one game, but a big part of Sam's game is his ability outside the pocket to make something happen. We saw exactly zero plays called week one that would play to his strength of keeping plays alive with his legs. To me this is the most concerning part about Gase's play calling so far. Other than Brady and Eli, the direction the league has gone is to guys that are way more mobile in the pocket. It's somewhat scary how Sam, Trevor and Luke were like statues in the pocket and getting completely overwhelmed by the pass rush. The O line is shit, all the more reason to call simple roll outs to move the pocket...

7. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

AND...Stop taking players from the dullfins shit locker...

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Play calling is all about Rhythm and getting ahead of the sticks. He is rt in that stupid penalties keep us bad situations. With that being said running trick plays is not necessarily being creative. Being creative is fooling the defense in what you are running so you get an easy look. The first drive yesterday is a great example run up the gut decent gain nice play on 2nd down for a first. I am like ok not bad then the next series Run up the gut, wildcat and a predictable passing down punt. That was just plain bad play calling.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. To run designed roll outs you have to be able to identify fronts/blitzes so that you dont run a roll out straight into a wide blitz.It also helps to have receivers who fit that style of play..IE getting open on drag/pivot routes playside OR someone who can box defenders out on the boundary. The only guys who fit that bill are Herndon,Crowder on pivots & Enunwa on box outs.2/3 guys are out & the other is an undersized slot receiver.

Bottom line is you really cant do anything offensively if the OL not only struggles to execute but also cant identify fronts/blitzes.

I blame Gase for the overall product & not finding answers to the OL mess but not going too crazy about the play calls.If The OL is basically non functional & WRs cant separate on timing routes/make plays after catch..there simply is no answer.

Get the OL to at least call the right protection & get everyone accounted for..and then we can talk about play calling & scheme creativity.

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

And really ... that's the most shocking part. Who could have known that we wouldn't be putting up 35 points per game with those plays? Truly stunning.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We've successfully gotten the ball to Le'Veon in space... :cool:

Unfortunately, that "space" is three yards behind the line of scrimmage... :confused:

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

TBF he was under immediate pressure on almost every snap. I don't think Brady could've looked competent in that situation.

13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

We need to finish with no more than 1 win this year and trade back.

Let’s go Crazy Eye Gase!!

Keep working your losing whispering magic!!!

K'OB and James Hasty like this.
  14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I wonder if he knows he’s one and done in NY yet?

15. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Yes, the awesome success he had after leaving the Jets makes that clear

16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

He won't be one and done. How many coaches are one and done? Even Kotite got a second year.

They'll win 4 or 5 of their last 10 games. The O-line will start to gel a little, the offense will begin to resemble an NFL offense.

The only think stopping him from getting a second year is if an outstandingly obvious replacement opportunity presents itself. Who the fuck is that going to be???

I'm not saying retaining Gase is a good thing. I'm just saying he'll be the coach next year. Sorry.

legler82 and westiedog1 like this.
  17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The 4 road playoffs wins with a poor QB is not too shabby.
    More than any other coach has done for us.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Cards didn’t need a second year out of Steven Wilks to know he was terrible and one year was enough. The only reason Gates would get a second year without a dramatic improvement from the offense isn’t because Kotite got a second year its because they are too fucking stupid to see how terrible Gase is.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Gase shouldn't even get another week let alone another year.

SOJAZ, Jetsfansince95 and JetBlue like this.
  20. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll only got one year out of us, and that was after only a 6-10 season. I can see Gase getting a second year, sadly enough, if they manage to win 1 or 2 games. If they go 0-16 and fail to score any offensive TDs, I can't see it happening.