Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

There’s not a lot of gloating going on in Miami, but this is indeed a bit of solace.

I said it after the 2016 season; there was a bit of concern that he might just be the next Chip Kelly. Sure as heck looks that way.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

At least Kelly had something innovative before the league figured him out.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The Kelly-led Eagles would be a step up from this. It’s hard to believe but we’ve found ways to get consistently worse since John Morton even after a complete regime change.

PabloJa likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

I stand corrected. So that guys point was even worse than originally thought.

5. BroadwayAaron

We can’t get a single thing going and two pass catchers barely sniff the field.

Creativity! Genius!

6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

And that's the really worrying thing. Not only has the team consistently found ways to get worse, the talent levels on the team have - on paper at least - gotten better. So they are managing to do less with more.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I've said this before, our roster has talent but it's constructed in the worst way possible. Our best talent is at RB*, DT, ILB, and S. Which are the least valuable positions. Whereas at OL, WR, EDGE, and CB, which are the most valuable positions, we have nothing. When Darnold and Herndon return, our passing game will improve, so there's that at least. But without a great QB-coach combination, it's impossible to win with a roster like ours.

*The Giants offense looked good for the first time all season when they played Jones. That was also when Barkley got hurt. As great as Barkley is, having a competent QB dwarfs his impact.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Reading this tread makes me even more depressed. Seriously. I'm not even getting into the awful drafts etc. At some point the offense has to be aggressive and creative. We have not for a long time. Gase was supposed to change that. He hasn't. As many have said we've gotten worse. Only the Jets. Didn't learn from the rehires of Mangini and Ryan. At this point I'd take them both back. From the top down we are an embarrassment. I feel bad for the players but especially us fans when we can do a better job than the owners, coaches and gms have done. Sad. Very sad.

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

All of this is true. However it was also true last season and the season before that too so the point remains really. And the talent in those less valuable positions was less too. No doubt you can not draw any definite conclusions until you see a healthy Darnold, and CJ to a lesser extent, we shall have to wait and see.

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

McCarthy "sucks"?? Really? I'll take my chances.
    All the guy did was go to the playoffs just about every season and win a Super Bowl.
    Oh yeah ... he also drafted Matt Flynn in the 7th round and got him to play well enough to fool Seattle into giving him a $20 million dollar contract. His final game under McCarthy he threw for 480 yards and 6 TD's.
    We'll be lucky to get 6 TD passes from Gase's offense all season.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

They'd make the playoffs with Luke Falk. Belichick is New England, not Brady.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I don't know if they'd make the playoffs with Falk ... but I'd bet my life they would look like a competent NFL offense, move the ball, and score.

13. BroadwayAaron

Should be fun when the rabid Gase supporter wakes up and logs on.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

At least Gase isn't Freddy Kitchens running a draw on 4th & 9 :D

15. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Not having a bunch of starters will obviously make it harder to win, but IMO the playcalling and the degradation of play across the play, to me, speaks volumes about Gase as a coach.

Chris Johnson, IMO, made a huge mistake hiring Gase.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The entire organization looks like a steaming pile of shit right now. There is only one man who can turn the entire thing around and hopefully he is back week 5 or week 6.

[​IMG]

17. BroadwayAaron

Yea but his offense has more than 11 points through three games and 3 in the last two combined.

Offensive genius!

PabloJa, dawinner127 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Darnold will be better but he doesn't perform miracles LOL. this offense will probably struggle all year

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You mean to tell me running screen passes 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage ISN'T genius?

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Luke Falk looks much more competent than Matt Cassel in NE. Who knows? Belicheat might make yet another 6th round miracle out of him.

If Cassel played in this Jet offense? He won't last a game. Siemien will attest to that.