The Johnson Bros

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stagman, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

There is a lot of blame that goes around for this disastrous start, everybody involved deserves to take a bite of this shit sandwich. But the biggest bite should go to the Johnson’s. Since they took over in 2000 they have been the only constant on this team. We did have some success in these last years, but very minimal. Under their tenure we made the playoffs only SIX times! Granted I’m no expert when it comes to X’s and O’s, but if I was the owner I would have questioned every single inept GM’s we had on their draft strategy. I sure as hell would have not allowed them for years to neglect certain units of the team! OL for sure. Since 2000 we had 25 first round draft picks, which 17 of them were defensive players, eight of them were DL men. WTF! In the military like in any job, there is nothing more annoying than being micromanaged. But if you are constantly doing something blatantly wrong, a leader, supervisor and OWNER needs to step in and ask the fing questions, WTF are you doing!?! What are you thinking!? The only real job the moron brothers have as owners, is/was to hire the right person to run the team, and they failed. I will give Joe Douglas his fair chance, I hope that when it comes to evaluating talent he can pick some winners, God knows we need them on this team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_Jets_first-round_draft_picks

https://champsorchumps.us/team/nfl/new-york-jets

Since1969 likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Look around.

There's plenty of teams with shitty owners and a merry-go-round of GM's and coaches.

FJF, Aero and Baumeister like this.
  3. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

True, Browns, Lions to name a few. But I'm a Jets fan that has been suffering for years.

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Disastrous start? They lost by 1 point in the first game after losing their best player to injury.

I know this is like a 10 game losing streak in baseball, but let's be real here. It's not like they got blown out by 20 points.

This was the first time the starting offense played together. Clearly, they have some things to iron out. Now we will really see what Gase is made of.

5. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Lol, pretty much this.

I'm sure last year this guy made a post after we went 1-0 and the Johnson brothers are geniuses.

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think I am as much of a dark-sider as you will find on this site but losing one lousy game (even within the division) by one point with a lousy kicker (who has already been replaced) and a key injury (of a player who will be back soon) means that it is a bit early to put up a billboard demanding that any of our coaches, front office, or owners be replaced.

The Johnson brothers have established the foundation for a losing tradition but we should wait for the team to actually fail before demanding scalps.

I can think of some players on the other hand who I would help pack if it meant their departure from this roster.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Much of Woody's 'wealth' is derived from j&j trusts. Woody is a trust baby. I'm curious if the value of these trusts (and woody's wealth) could take a big hit due to the multi-billion $ lawsuits filed against j&j over the opioid crisis. Is there a chance Woody would be forced to sell the Jets somehow due to this?

If j&j is forced to file for bankruptcy, can the judge come after these trusts?

Patriot likes this.
  8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

There are several types of trusts.

If his father had smart lawyers then probably not.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  9. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I did not. I was pleasantly surprised they won, just like I was hocked that they lost this past Sunday.

10. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I was critical on the start of this season, I still have hope that we will have a good season and make the playoffs.
    Th percentage of victory for a team that has four turnovers and still win the game is in the 2%. To me that is a disaster.

11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

You 2 pieces of shit are sperm lottery winners and have no business owning a team representing the great NYC market. But that’s not your fault.

You pussies would NEVER be able to survive on your own without trust fund old money. You both would probably be dead if you had to do it on your own. But again, not your fault.

All of us REAL Jet fans just want to win. We don’t care if you are poor, rich, or filthy rich. We do care if you have brains and skills to run an NFL team. Which you clearly don’t.

There are literally millions (yes millions) of Jet fans who know you two bastards fucking suck. We ALL fucking hate you. I would gladly cut off my finger if you both left.

We all ask and beg that you sell the team.

I dare either of you to explain your plan.

Fast forward

Please start a billboard to sell the team. I promise $500 if the location is legit and it stays up.

Fuck Gase
    Fuck Chris
    Fuck Woody
    Fuck Loggins

Fuck em all

12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

they won't ever sell because most of us still support these losers ... I have not spent a penny on anything Jets related in over 5 years BOYCOTT !!!

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

strong thread

14. Longsuffering88

Agree

We need to get through to the alcoholics who buy season tickets to drink and tailgate, and through to the ones who get tickets to avoid their wives every other week.

Can we do it?

15. Longsuffering88

Thank you!!!!!

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  16. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Wait really?

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

As long as it isn't the middle finger obviously.

18. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Professional sports is one business where your team can completely suck ass and your investment still appreciates a great deal. This is due to people continuously dumping money into the game and watching it religiously. If I was one of the Johnson's and read the lead post, I would be laughing my ass off. As for the "millions of Jets fans", they must all be hiding in the closet, because I don't know one serious football fan who admits to liking this team. After all, what is there to like?

19. I think the fans of this franchise could have a great deal of sway in pushing the Johnsons out the door.

These are not fighters w any amount of fortitude.They fold to public sentiment at the first sign of mass backlash.Hell Woody left the country & immersed himself in politics when the Bowles era went up in flames.

That said, yelling a bunch of curse words & being “woe is” will not result in the necessary unity or accomplish much of anything.

Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well... Sell the Jets, Woody

I'll make something of that one if I ever have time but for now just it redirect to this website :)