17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jeto they do not care and I dont know if they practice in front of a mirror but they sure have all the BS down don't they ? I am so Happy I am gone I dont miss it at all

#19961 CBG, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Brook! Done? Wow that was quick. Take a break, and revive yourself after five or six weeks. Just think of all the Cowboy, Steeler and Raider fans you will get to meet in the coming weeks.

They'll be a different team in the second half when they have their players back and the schedule lightens up. I know my expectations were higher than they should have been, but wow. The reactions I'm reading from many make it seem like the 2019 Jets not only were a playoff team but expected to challenge for a division title. It's technically still summer and we have a fan riot on our hands. Do I think we'll win Sunday? No. Do I think there must be some sort of VooDoo curse, and we're probably screwed forever? Now THAT is a strong possibility. It's unbelievable what happens to this franchise. We're without our future star QB, WR2, Our highest paid stud defensive player, prized first round draft pick, on and on and on.... I'm surprised more is not made of our suspensions and how they've hurt this team. Herndon got 4 games for a DUI incurred prior to last season. Something doesn't seem right about that as compared to other NFL player disciplines. Copeland hurts too, because of everything else. Boy, could we use Avery Williamson out there. Maybe Kalil retired for a reason. Joe Douglas may not have been a genius there. Kicker? There's an entire thread here for that.

I went to both home games. Great tailgate both times. Buffalo game was a bitter second half disappointment. Kicker, Very sick QB (The guy played with MONO) , Mosely left the game. We have no depth there. Monday night I had no expectations of a win whatsoever with our depleted roster. Just compare the players! I mean really. In my mind we should be 1-1. We aren't. Boo hoo. In the big picture, I am not done with this team. How could I be? I've seen much worse over the years. Fortunately the roster can evolve and change quicker than the awful stadium.

Here is what happened: A ton of bad luck hitting at once revealed the teams primary weakness: DEPTH. I overlooked that in August. Shouldn't have. This SUCKS, but it sucks for all of us. Stick together. We're 0-2 for one reason. Injuries.

sec314, Brook! and CBG like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Good Post LS2RJ ,,,,,,,,,,,,I would add one more thing = the QB whisperer / offensive genius has not shown me much if anything and I am not giving him a pass due to injuries.

Brook! likes this.
  4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

They raised the price in Siberia from 40 to 45 while the Giants charge 30 for the same lot. At least they contact you they’ve never contacted me after 38 years

LogeSection2RowJ, Brook! and CBG like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Seems like just yesterday I did the tour of the new warehouse and then I am on the phone with a ticket shill and I pick my seats and section upstairs in Gods country. The section I picked was in relation to where we had tailgated for years I wanted it to be as painless and quick as possible to get from our tailgate to my seats on game day. Then weeks or months later my parking pass arrives and it is ORANGE and in Siberia / no where near where we tailgated. So i had to buy another parking pass ( not from the Jets as they would not even sell me one ) but on stub hub each week ! What a hassle this train wreck known as Met Life Stadium fiasco turned into = Thank goodness I was smart enough to NOT buy a PSL and walk away from my seats , I never looked back.

#19965 CBG, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    alleycat9 and sec314 like this.
  6. LogeSection2RowJ

As a life-long Miami Dolphin hater, I was not happy when they hired Adam Gase. Then things started looking up with the reports about more aggressive and upbeat practices during training camp etc etc. He's our coach. I don't understand wanting him gone this fast. You may very well end up being right, but it's SO early, and for the reasons I mentioned in the last post I can't condemn him. Maybe I'll agree that we haven't anything that's different from the past 5 years but one game with sick Sam, Quincy going out and a suspended TE followed by another game QB'd by a guy most of us never heard of before aren't exactly what I'm going to judge our offense on. The only thing I am upset with Gase about was the way he managed the end of the half on Monday Night. THAT was bad.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

LS2RJ ---> time will tell but Gase IMO was a horrible choice as HC. I am not judging him on 2 games Im judging him on his career as a HC and I would like nothing better than to see how Gase ( never mind the entire team ) performs when most of the players come back healthy and when our schedule is much more favorable in the second half of the season.That is when Gase supporters will run out of excuses and I believe the pitchforks and torches will come out in force. Prove me wrong Coach Gase I would love nothing better ! EDIT HERE --> that sequence of plays before halftime Monday night was a small example of how bad this coach is

alleycat9 likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jury is still out on Gase but results aren't promising.

sec314 and CBG like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I was wondering should I say I REST MY CASE around Thanks Giving time or wait until the season is actually over , which in theory it is right now ?

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Wait until season is over. I don’t expect anything other than seeing a big improvement rest of the season.

CBG likes this.
  11. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

If anybody is having trouble still with the mobile tickets the jets will send paper tickets. i laid into them now I have a paper tickets

CBG likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This is GREAT NEWS as its much easier to burn paper tickets !:D

13. LogeSection2RowJ

So, the Jets have something worse than the stadium. The offensive line.

CBG likes this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Don't Forget about the coach.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

Haha, I’m not there yet with the coach. MANY more games with the stadium.

CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ugh the Stadium / Warehouse

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Third string QB who doesn’t belong on the field and 8 players who were expected starters out when we play the best team in football. I’ll judge the coaching staff at the end of the year. Jet fans didn’t like Gase to begin with so people are ignoring what deck he’s been dealt.Go Yankees

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 I can't speak for others only myself and I am not ignoring the team has issues BUT when the guy punts on 4th and less then 2 with less then 4 minutes to go in the game and we are down by 2 tds that aint the hand he's been dealt that is the hand we have been dealt. I look forward to the players coming back and the schedule getting softer so that Gase has no excuses ,,,time will tell

sec314 likes this.
  19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its so bad for me that i dont even visit this site all that often anymore. i havent been here since before the season started. i dont go out of my way to even watch the games on tv and honestly dont give a shit right now. let it fucking burn and maybe at some point we will get a decent owner, a decent coach and a decent team. maybe even a decent stadium. this piece of shit is 9 years old at this point. you know it will only be another 11 years and they will be talking about a NEW mausoleum.

what a fuckign catastrophe. everything i mean everything has been turned to shit. such a sad shame.

CBG likes this.
  20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

nah, woody is too cheap to break out on his own

alleycat9 and CBG like this.