What would happen if Gase is actually fired?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Swe-Jet, Sep 20, 2019.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The answer to this question is: chaos; still ANOTHER rebuild; and we will have to have sat through still MORE losing.

And this is why the very real possibility that Gase gets fired is so much more depressing than looking at Bowles last year. At least with Bowles we were already at the bottom, and there was nowhere to go but up...unless you're the NY Jets. Predictably the Johnsons smight well have crewed up yet another HC quest. The jury's still out, but things aren't looking good. And this is why I'm hoping that Gase can somehow get his act together and prove my pessimism wrong, because the alternative would be more YEARS of rebuilding.

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The content of this board is actually worse then the Jets offense right now.

SOJAZ, Biggs, papapump and 2 others like this.
  3. Jets need to hire someone completely independent from the football operation whose only job is scouting/evaluating coaches,scouts & FO executives to be ready to pounce when a change needs to be made within the team.It beats the hell out of search firms or Chris & Woody winging it.To my knowledge no other team does this either & it seems really dumb not to.

papapump likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What kind of person do you hire for that role, and how do you ensure the owner hires the right guy?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is the man that we need, but it wont happen

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can I work from home?

7. HomeoftheJets

If we're dreaming, how about this guy?

[​IMG]

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

I'm not saying I'm against hiring a great college coach, but coaching college - where the HC is a god and has all power - is way different than the pros where the HC has to manage professionals and answer to the FO. It's not a leap even many great college coaches can take. Why do you think these guys are different?

9. HomeoftheJets

With no more than the information I currently have, I'd rather have Riley than any other college coach. And I'd rather have Riley than Gase. Of course what I'd really love to have is a proven NFL winner like McVay who isn't past his prime, but that's completely unrealistic.

K'OB likes this.
  10. IF he has the ability to connect w NFL players & i dont know if he does/doesnt i still like Brian Kelly.

He rarely is outschemed,understands situational football,holds people accountable & has a great eye for offensive talent including OL.

Beyond that hes worked his way up the hard way & been successful everywhere hes been.Hes tough & has killer instinct.And i am by no means a ND fan.

K'OB likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nonsense, this board has come up with much more than three scoring plays in the past two weeks.

Acad23, K'OB and CBG like this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

in keeping with this thread = I would do a Jig and attempt a cartwheel

13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I am not a big Gase fan but got to let the guy finish the season or two at least to see the transition. The key is whether the players will continue to play for him as the season goes.

Gase play calling sucks and has to do better. Just like any player or coaches got to give a chance to make adjustments and figure this out. Win 1 or 2 games in the next 4, we’re still in this.

Acad23 likes this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm not calling for Gase's head right now, but the moment Sam comes back we better see something on the offensive side of the ball. He's got this year + next year to improve the offense. We cannot keep changing offensive schemes and just keep having Sam learn something new every year. He's already on his 2nd offense in 2 years. Do we really want a 3rd next year?

15. HomeoftheJets

Better to keep changing offensive schemes than stick with a scheme that doesn't work.

K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We saw a glimpse of it in preseason.

With Herndon and Darnold and without Bell, the offense looked very explosive.

Granted it was preseason but it was starters vs starters at those times

17. ColoradoContrails

This thread, and the others with the same theme (Fire Gase) are exactly what I predicted when Gase was hired: he will have ZERO slack given him by the fans, and with his "Fuck you" personality, it would lead to a meltdown if things didn't get off in the right direction quickly. You can say it's not fair, you can try to justify the team's - and his - struggles, but that doesn't erase the impatience of a fan base that has waited so long for success, and been the recipients of so many broken promises and hopes. Gase needs to deliver NOW, or the fans will be demanding a new HC...there is nothing left in the "patience well".

SOJAZ and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. Swe-Jet

Swe-Jet Member

Thanks Brook!

I've been a Jet fan since I first watched them on Hard Knocks back in 2010. Even though I'm from Sweden I've alwys been facinated about the game of football and I've also been playing for nine years. I'll share my story in the thread :)

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

What would happen? Jets fans would meltdown. Oh wait, they already did, they would continue to melt down as normal.

20. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Some say going 0-2 is a Jet thing, especially the way it happened. Firing a coach or a Gm after 2 games is typical Jet fan reaction.

Like someone mentioned earlier... Gase/ Douglas didnt draft, sign all the Free Agents they wanted. Then to have your QB have Mono from wk1, backup qb out for the season, have Practice Squad Qb start, best defender(s) out... How is that all on Gase and Douglas. Heck the backup linebackers playing looked good, Hairston looks better than Trumaine, Kicker made a kick... Dont want to give credit for that? As matter of fact 3rd String QB looked better than 2nd string. He completed 20/25 passes. Not bad for a guy who was not even supposed to be in the Stadium let alone play.

Oline stinks yes, no consistent pass rush... That's not all on Gase/Douglas.... AND its week 2!!