What would happen if Gase is actually fired?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Swe-Jet, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Swe-Jet

Swe-Jet Member

I know it's only two games into the season but people are already talking about Adam Gase being on the hot seat.

If things countinues as this season has started I have a feeling that things can get really ugly.

Despite the injuries the offense has only managed to score eight points this season.
    I expect a lot more from a HC that has been labled an "Offensive Guru" and "Quarterback Whisperer".
    They should at least able to score some points with all the talent still on the roster.
    The Jets have invested heavily in free agents like CJ Mosley and Le'Veon Bell and the team needs to win NOW. Settling with mediocrity and keeping Gase for having "continuity" simply won't cut it.

Le'Veon Bell looks great but he may still only have a few good seasons left.
    Letting him run behind this horrific offensive line without winning games would be such a waste.
    It's just not fair to a player of that caliber. And about that, the offensive line play has just been horrific. I expected a lot more from Frank Pollack, who was among the best OL-coaches in the league when he was in Dallas. Do you think this unit will be able to get things together as the season progresses? I think this is the only thing that could save our season right now so that Bell can be the workhorse of the offense and maybe if they can improve the pass protection until Darnold returns and he plays well, there may still be some hope.

So my question is, what would happen if Gase is actually fired?

Will this decision be made by Chris Johnson or Joe Douglas?
    Gase will most likely remain the HC until the season is over.
    If Johnson decides to pull the plug, do you think the rest of the coaching staff and Joe Douglas will go along with him? It seems as if Adam Gase was the main reason Douglas wanted to come here in the first place.
    Douglas just signed a 6-year deal so firing him after one year just because Gase sucks would seem stupid.
    If Johnson decides to keep Douglas, will Douglas be able to hire "his guy" and if so, who is it most likely to be? I really hope that Douglas will remain the GM because it seems as if the Jets has finally gotten a legit GM and I have high hopes of him. I just hope he will still be motivated remain the GM even if Gase is no longer in the building.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Not entirely sure but I think that would mean we would be out a HC.

3. Swe-Jet

Swe-Jet Member

So we need to hire a new HC then or what?

4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

It means the Jets would look for another head coach and might actually hire the right one if they let the football guys do their job. Hearing about Douglas it wouldn't shock me if it wasn't someone from the Eagles or Ravens staff maybe the Colts staff since, Reich was in Philly. I'm willing to give Gase the year. Wasn't impressed with the first two games but between a sick qb, no qb, and a bad ol and no depth he has been hurt. That being said it's the NFL no excuses. When Darnold is back and other things Gase better show he can coach or it'll be one and done. My feeling after two weeks is it'll be one and done. Time will tell.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nah. Just let the team run itself. Could they do worse?

6. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

7. CheeseNips

CheeseNips New Member

lmao Gase isn't going anywhere. just because he sucks and we suck, dosent mean we're gonna dump him 2 games in or even a season in.

were stuck with this dude for awhile

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

this organization has a long history of dysfunction. they've hired and fired coaches after 1 year multiple times, hell after 1 day even. To answer your question - "what would happen?" - they would just start new with someone else and still lose

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Rightly so.

Can't properly evaluate him as a head coach when he has had no input on a draft, no input on free agency, and shit luck with our roster

azhar80 likes this.
  10. Swe-Jet

Swe-Jet Member

It seems as if Chis Johnson is more likely to make drastic decisions (eg the Maccagnan firing) compared to Woody who had a tendecy too keep his head coaches for too long.

Anyway Gase will almost certainly remain the HC for at least this full season. Have the Jets ever fired a HC mid season?

#10 Swe-Jet, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The QB had mono week one and the backup got hurt week two. The best player on defense was out down the stretch in week one and out week two.

Anybody who thinks that sequence of events reflects on Gase somehow is reaching.

Just my opinion.

Falco21, MoWilkBeast and nicg4360 like this.
  12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd be fine passing the reigns to Gregg Williams if it came to it.
    Jim Bob Cooter can be interim OC.

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

He had a big impact on both. We know Gase wanted Crowder, Bellamy, Brown and Polite. He got them. He was upset about not getting Fells.To say he did not have an impact is rewriting history.

14. Swe-Jet

Swe-Jet Member

Jim Bob Cooter actually did quite well with Stafford in Detroit up until last season. I think Cooter is more quilified to be the OC than Dowell Loggains. Maybe Gase should hand over the play-calling to Cooter? It's not like it can get much worse..

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Swe

You from Sweden. We have a poster very close to you. @FinnishJET . He is a pure Finland guy and became attached to Jets after watching a Jets game at Metlife. What is your story. Can you share about yourself and how you became a Jets fan in this thread? :)

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/welcome-new-jets-fans-introduce-yo-self.78615/

16. Swe-Jet

Swe-Jet Member

Not to mention Le'Veon Bell is on his offense. It's true Mac neglected the O-line in the draft but we still managed to get two former pro bowlers at G and C which is a vast improvement from last year. If we don't see any improvements from the O soon, Gase is running out of excuses.

BacktoQueens and Noam like this.
  17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Back in 1975 they fired Charley Weiner mid season but that was two ownerships ago ...before Hess became the CEO and bought everybody out. Phil Iselen was in charge then.

Gase is not being fired at least not during the season.....

#17 mrjet80, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    TonyFtLaud likes this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Really don't see Gase getting fired unless something extreme happens . Off field trouble, something totally unexpected.
    If he were, Williams would likely be named interim HC.
    Douglas and CJ would search for the right candidate and once they make their selection, Dan Marino or Jim Kelly will call Johnson and who ever they recommend will be hired.......
    Let's actually give Gase a chance to show what he can do before firing him.
    I was against the hire, don't think he can game plan at all. Stopping Garrett will be the game plan 15 weeks vs the Browns, I'm sure no other coach will plan to let him run free and we will just get the ball out before he gets home. But maybe, Gase learns from the loss.
    Like it or not, he's the HC for the next 14 games, and very likely at least 16 more next year.
    Hope for the best.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Someone talk Bill Cowher out of retirement please

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Cooter sounds like Cootie. Welp now I know where the mono came from...