Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

As long as Gase keeps the locker room, he's safe at least until the end of the season, after which we can evaluate how he coached Sam. But somehow he's losing it after 2 games. With Sam out to boot. This is impressive.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I guess bad timing that my new hat came in today LOL

[​IMG]

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The offense looked like complete dog shit with Darnold in week 1 so Gase doesn’t get a pass because of the QB situation. And the Steelers won a SB with one of the worst offensive lines in the league so he doesn’t get a pass solely for that either.

That being said he is tasked with coaching a team awfully thin in talent so I’m not going to expect a miracle out of him either.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That hat’s awesome regardless of the season.

Falco21 likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No I don't expect a miracle either, but I do expect to see him be able to adjust to what's happening, and I don't see that.

Andy_M likes this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Jets should probably go full OL the next three years - and hope they ALL grow into competent blockers.
    2. I believe that, with Williams and Douglas working together, Jets can actually trade young CBs and make the defense work just fine.
    3. Maybe not a blue chip pass rushers, but other than that, I also think Williams and Douglas can pick up young kids for LB spot too.

7. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Gase is coaching like he did in Miami,he would sit by himself on the sideline looking at his playchart while the defense was on the field .Paying no attention to the d. His play calling is the same as it was in Miami and it sucks. This is also a guy who many Dolphin fans believe quit on his team while they were still in the playoff chase. Name Williams head coach the week of the bye

8. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Miamis o-line was just as bad under Gase

9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He quit on us last night with that 'gameplan' and not using a timeout when he could've stopped the clock with almost 2:00 left at the end of the first half.

Better hope he doesn't scapegoat Gregg Williams first. He's benching players left & right the next step is going after assistants. MacCagnan is gone think he can't get rid of Gregg Williams too?

The Johnsons have made Gase the Jets football czar.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The picture's there but I can't see a hat.

TonyFtLaud, stinkyB and Falco21 like this.
  11. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Not saying this is, or isn't, part of the problem here....impossible for an outsider to tell, but sometimes the lack of execution is on the players, and sometimes it can be on the scheme (or the fit of the roster to it.) If there appear to be a lot of similarities to Miami after 4 or 5 more weeks then the scheme/fit becomes more suspect perhaps.
    An o-line takes a lot more than 2 games and 8 or 10 practices to gel as a unit. That alone will take closer to 1/2 the season.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Again, hard to make this judgement with Luke Falk at QB and Sam Darnold for one game with Mono.

If there is a similarity, it is that the offense does not function with a shit QB. Falk - Tannehill.

Again, I will hold judgement until Darnold is back which is when Herndon will be back as well.

13. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

....or maybe just a lesser QB than Payton Manning...but either way I don't disagree, which is why I said 4 or 5 more weeks.

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Bad playcalls have nothing to do with the QB. The 3rd and 2/4th and 2 disaster was completely on Gase, no one else to blame. And he made a similar decision in week 1... pass on 3rd and 2 knowing you're going for it on 4th. Both times he ignored the hands down best player on the offense and then forced that same player to make a play behind the line of scrimmage to get the first down. Insanely stupid, and this isn't a new thing either, that's what's worrisome. This is what he did for three years with the Dolphins.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

That last part is what concerns me, because I am hearing most of the Dolphins fans I know saying the same thing....

16. BroadwayAaron

I said it yesterday but a friend I hadn't talked to in a while texted me "Im sorry" the day we signed Gase. Literally all the things he rattled off about Gase, the playcaller has been spot on the first two games. It has nothing to do with the QB or the line or the weapons. This is how hes been for years. Basically it's what a Gase offense has been unless a future first ballot Hall of Famer is changing his plays at the line.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

uhhhh what? usually, when you have a 3rd string QB in with a weak arm and an offensive line that can't hold their blocks, you aren't launching 50 yard bombs. of course the personnel has a lot to do with it

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

You just proved my point. Why the hell on 3rd down do you have your third string QB throw the ball instead of hand it off to your star RB? And then on fourth down why do you throw a pass to your star RB behind the line of scrimmage?

He's a bad playcaller. This has been the case for long before today. His offense is predicated on nothing but making the receiver do all the work after the play with some cute play design to get them blocks. Do you want a head coach that never ever adjusts to what he has on his roster (aka, just do the smart thing) or would you rather a guy try to make the players on his roster including a 3rd string QB and backup receivers do all the work on their own?

ColoradoContrails and NYJFOREVER like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

he gets the ball in the receivers hands in space. That's his philosophy. That's not necessarily bad or good. It can be good depending on the abilities of the receivers.

2019 - its hard to tell, he's got trash for weapons and even when he's made the right call he has guys dropping passes or missing throws. Bellamy, Anderson, Darnold, have all failed to execute on crucial plays that were designed to work.

Maybe we'd feel differently if they executed. We will see, its a long year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

Also you can get on him for not running on 3rd and 4th and short in the Cleveland game, but he did run on those down/distances in the Buffalo game and they were getting stuffed at the line.

It took a miracle from Bell to get a 1st down on a 4th and short that he had no business picking up. A short pass on 3rd and 2 can be the higher percentage play, depending on personnel. This offensive line sucks - they ain't blowing back any defenders, so it could very well be the higher percentage play, especially since it spreads the defense out.

NCJetsfan likes this.