Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The line looked better when Harrison was in there, even though he would still be the weak link. Kalil has looked piss poor the past two games.

All Gas No Shake, SOJAZ and Jets81 like this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

I just want to throw this out here as well. I've also said this before when everyone was still hopeful that Gase was the real deal...

I truly, genuinely hope. This "QB Whisperer" doesn't severely fuck up the potential that Sam Darnold has. I can see this guy literally programming the wrong kinds of shit in this kids head, which leads him to being "just another strike-out FQB".

Only the Jets. Literally.

3. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Harrison is trash, free agency was over, draft happened back in April. He didn’t want to sit pretty doing nothing about it, he’s trying to improve. Can you blame him for that?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

I don't have faith in Gase, Douglas, Woody, Chris, The Janitor in that building. Book is still out on Douglas. He hasn't had much of a chance to do much of anything, considering we fired the guy before him AFTER he made all the important decisions this past off-season.

I'm simply stating. Harrison, looks, better, than, Kalil. At this point in time. Harrison was serviceable at least. Kalil is a liability right now.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. PabloJa

Beachum was the one who gave up 3 sacks but okay… o_O

NCJetsfan and Acad23 like this.
  6. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie I liked The Beachum signing but he is washed up ... so is Kalil

#126 Jetsfansince95, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not to mention a horrific OL and WRs that aren't getting open or holding onto the ball.

dmw likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Last week posters were busting on Gase claiming he was throwing players under the bus and tonight he tries to protect them, and is getting killed. He can't win. Johnson sucks and the announcers said as much. That's why he wasn't playing. He's been dogging it. Hairston looked a lot better than Johnson has since he signed here.

9. PabloJa

Even though I do have faith in Douglas moving forward, tonight’s game had me feeling like this guy

I’M GOING IN

10. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO!!!

PabloJa likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There's a way to handle that; good coaches have been doing it for years. "Tru was having some difficulty this week so we decided it was best to give him the day off." Or "He turned his ankle in practice on Wednesday and had a problem with it last night."

Of course, there's always the honesty path also - "Hairston has been getting the job done more consistently this week so we decided to go with him" or "Trumaine will get his time on the field when he shows up on time and doesn't miss meetings."

The "because I said so" accomplishes nothing positive for the team, the fans or the media. If there's a good reason for the move everyone is better off if men are treated like men and speculation is not permitted to run rampant. The truth will set you free.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

After watching this offensive line play I’m starting to think Sam got mono on purpose just to save his own life .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOJAZ, mrmajix, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  13. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets should just sign Tebow for the next month. Our idiot coach has already won a playoff game with him at QB. And he literally can't be worse than what we already have on the roster.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yes ,Gase is this bad

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And yet people still go to the games so they must think they are doing everything right. The Giants fans had it right 50 years ago or whenever that was.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I paid to go to to opening day with my brother for years so it just becomes habit and something we enjoy together. However, last night my buddy got us tickets through his company or I wouldn't have paid a damn penny to watch that shit show last night. I won't attend another game all year unless someone gives me the tickets for free

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Judge him on his lack of a game plan. He didn't have any plan to slow down Garrett, and never adjusted. Even Bates had games where he played extra o lineman last year. I remember Von Miller being completely neutralized when we played Denver. Bates was terrible but at least he game planed based on opponents.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have an honest question, one that I can't seem to figure out with this fan base.

Do people just blatantly ignore certain facts to support their stance, or has the years of bad football clouded your mind not allowing you to see those certain facts?

Our starting TE is suspended for 4 games.
    Our offensive line is not good.
    Our best WR is maybe a #2 on other rosters.
    Our starting QB is out with an illness.
    Our backup QB basically broke his ankle.
    Our starting MLB is out with an injury.
    Our starting DL is out with an injury.
    Our #2/3 receiver is out for the year with an injury.
    Our kicker was signed 6 days ago from a private tech company job.
    Our center came out of retirement to play.
    Our newly signed reviever left the game with an injury.

I'm trying to really understand if this is all just being ignored in order to pursue a blame game at Adam Gase.

Mac did not draft an offensive lineman. Mac did not trade for an offensive lineman. Mac did not sign an offensive lineman in free agency. In fact, by all accounts, Gase was royally pissed that Mac didn't go after an offensive lineman in free agency.

But you all want to blame the offensive gameplan for the loss and ignore every other fact? Gase had a gameplan for Siemien. Siemien went down. He now has to completely adjust his gameplan for a guy who has never played in an NFL football game with all the above facts remaining the same.

You can argue his play calls until you're blue in the face, but I don't know a coach on this planet that would have done any better in this game.

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It's still a new season.

THEY put this team/roster together.

There are a lot of guys making a ton of money on this team many are still healthy enough to play.

NO ONE came into this season expecting the Jets to be in contention for the #1 overall pick.

I'm not in the mood for excuses. They ran out of excuses when they fired MacCagnan this is THEIR show 100%.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

No, the guy who put this roster together was fired for his incompetence.

Let me remind you, Mac drafted the last class and made the offseason moves until he was fired and Douglas was hired.

Again, are we just blatantly ignoring facts?