Who was the guy wanting Lamar Jackson over others?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

There was a guy on the Draft forum and he was saying Jackson was the guy he wanted.

Yesterday Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen shit the bed all while Jackson tossed 5 TD’s.Yes it’s just one game and Miami was horrendous but this guy is really a baller.

The guy who wanted Jackson badly, come forward please. You deserve some credit.

Ralebird likes this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

3. Brook!

Yep I remember as well but he didn’t want him over others I believe.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I was pretty high on him personally and felt if darnold didn't fall to 6 we should slide back to the middle of the round and get jackson + picks. after the trade up to 3 though I dropped that scenario as not likely and focused on who we would take

stinkyB likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

well I got shit on for this lol but this is who I would have added in the 2018 NFL draft

QB jackson
    LT McGlincy
    C Wynn
    WR St. Brown or CB Hughes

Now if we account for how the draft went we could have still grabbed

QB jackson at 21 (went 32nd)
    OT/C Wynn at 22 (went 23rd to NE)
    C James Daniels (at 37 overall, he went 39th to Chi)
    CB (at 49 overall) Choices of Donte Jackson, Duke Dawson, Isiah Oliver or even WR DJ Chark

not to mention we would have had an early 2nd rounder in 2019 for someone like Metcalf or Jawaan Taylor, or Ya-Sin, or Deebo, Cody Ford, Greg Little, Murphy Bunting, Risner, Erik Mccoy Etc

that's a rebuilt o-line, Young WR help, and a QB

Brook! likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I was advocating for a draft of Nelson at 6 and using the 2s to move back into the first for Jackson.
    How would that draft have looks now?

7. Brook!

It looks delicious FJF. Not sad with Darnold pick but Lamar keeps impressing me. That said, your wisdom makes me be your close friend. Will you accept me as your friend?

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I was very high on Jackson and hands down I thought he had the highest ceiling out of all of the QBs. There was a thread where I pretty much posted tape each week. I would've been happy with either Darnold, Jackson or Rosen.

Things got a little ugly in that topic as people wanted to argue he couldn't throw and quote shitty Mehta quotes. Not to toot my horn but I defended Lamar when not many others did. Plus Legler called me his fanboy lmao

Brook! and dawinner127 like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm still very happy with Darnold. He's gonna be alright Brook. Gase could've called a better game, Robby could've ran better routes. Gotta move on to CLE and hope things get better

Brook! likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep... Gotta remember that its Sam, and 22 other guys on the field. The issue seems to be the quality of the other contributors. All of those other Qb's (except perhaps for Rosen), came into better personnel situations than Sam did. We all know Macc didn't do the kid any favors with needed upgrades on the Oline. Now we have a real GM who apparently isn't afraid to make immediate moves to satisfy needs, Sam stands a decent chance of showing us what his ceiling really is.. Just don't rush him back trying to salvage a season that wasn't going anywhere near a SB or the post season anyway due to a very thin roster and years of mediocre to bad drafts.

#11 Cman68, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Never thought I'd say this, but 2021 might be the first realistic year for this team to start contending. Not just for a WC spot, but for the division. Even if Douglas is as good as advertised, we have holes at OL, CB, Edge, WR, and K(for now). No way can he address all that in 1 offseason even with a superb draft class and FA signings.

rohirrim665 and Cman68 like this.
  12. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

This is a little depressing but probably true. I'm starting to feel like Mike Macaggnan was actually a troll, not a real GM. In 5 years how does someone criminally neglect what is probably the most important unit on the field? Are you kidding me? What a fucking joke. His gift will continue to give for at least this season and possibly one more as you said.

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think he can address it all.

It all depends on what he does with the current roster. If he clears weight on the cap, he could fix a lot of our issues in free agency as well as the draft.

This draft will be loaded with talent at WR. He will likely address K in the draft as well as grab a couple lineman.

Edge rusher could be addressed in free agency, but is not something that will make or break our season. We seem to be getting good pressure with the guys we have currently.

It might be a long shot, but it is possible to address many key holes in one offseason.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

2 games in to his sophomore year, clearly he's a future hall of famer and best of the class LOL.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Gee, I can't wait til I play the Dolphins and Cardinals!
    [​IMG]

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No but his passing game is a lot better than his critics said it would be. The trick for harbaugh will be to get him to a place where he can run an nfl offense before the league figures him out or he gets too banged to be a weapon. John is showing why he is a much better coach than his quirky brother.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Getaway with you, you were balls deep for Mayfield and you know it. :D

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  18. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

he is running an nfl offense tho

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

LMAO :eek: