Steve Torre and Danny Kanell all over Greg Williams

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by LAJet, Sep 13, 2019.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Don't know if you guys heard them today on Mad Dog radio, but Kanell was ranting and raving that Odell was right on the money about accusing Greg Williams to direct illegal hits while in Cleveland. He went on to say that they were a few hits against Allen this w/e that were right down dirty and should be investigated as part of this conspiracy. Of course Danny was sidelined for a year as a result of a hit received against Tennessee while Greg was the DC and he brought up the fact that its starting to add up. .
    The last thing we need is more publicity to put our HC on edge even more. This game Sunday might be more incendiary that predicted.
    I might be blind, but just refuse to accept that the Jets D did anything more or less on the field of play than what goes on on the NFL every single week. Thoughts?
    Mods, not sure if I place it in the right forum.

#1 LAJet, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

It's football. Can't believe they're complaining about this stuff like a bunch of snowflakes

I wasn't a Sanchez fan but when he was our starting Qb he was absolutely brutalized when he was hit. Helmet to helmet, cheap dirty hits all the time. The league did nothing. They wouldn't even throw a flag.

Henry Anderson I believe tripped Allen...wasn't really much. He also gently nudged him which caused Allen to flop after a pass. That was about as close to "dirty" as we came on Sunday. Jets certainly didn't play cheap or attempt to injure

Royal Tee, Sam Hammer and LAJet like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You know what sucks? When New England employs scum, they get Lombardis out of it. When we employ scum, we still lose. But yeah, Gregg Williams is scum. I'm not going to let my Jets fandom get in the way of admitting that.

TonyFtLaud and LAJet like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Your point about what happened to Sanchez was right on the money. That was BS.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  5. forevercursed

This is what football really was back then. I mean now people get up and arms but in the days of Tatum and Atkinson and Joe Greene and Conrad Dobler you'd have some incredibly dirty stuff. Everywhere. Buddy Ryan was like this too as a coordinator and coach. Williams did some scummy things, he was just the one that got caught. This stuff went on for decades and decades at all levels

It's ridiculous to single him out as the only purveyor of questionable tactics in the NFL.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Anderson barely hit Allen. I didn't remember it from the game but I heard all these people in buffalo crying about it and expected much worse. it was the softest "dirty" hit ever.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

Doesn't make it right.
    The penalty wasn't dirty, but this hit, which the refs didn't see, was dirty as fuck.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

thats the one I was talking about. he barely hit Allen. Allen probably stubs his toe harder on the kitchen molding

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. forevercursed

Yea. Don't like him doing that. Unnecessary

10. HomeoftheJets

He was going for the knees, and that's enough to pop an ACL. If I were Gase, I'd be chewing the fuck out of Anderson after the game because doing that to another team's QB will get that team to do the same to your QB.

TonyFtLaud and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

I would chew Anderson out if I was Gase because he could've cost his team 15 yards and a 1st down late in a close game. But that hit? come on man.... its hard to get outraged about something so soft

12. HomeoftheJets

He rolled himself onto the back of Allen's knees. You don't need a violent impact to tear an ACL.

Ralebird, CBG and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's just pathetic how all these reporters and beat writers instantly take Odell's side, when all Odell really does is whine and talk shit. Even Michael Kay and LaGreca who experienced years of Odell's BS are piling on the Jets here. People need to grow up.

Yeah, I'm sure there is some big investigation going on and they have uncovered another Williams conspiracy over a couple hits where there is no proof whatsoever that Williams instructed anybody to harm another player or try to injure them.

Williams would be an idiot to do that and risk his career at this point. If he gets caught he's gone from the NFL. He could be a future HC, why would he take that risk? Of course you teach your players to hit hard and play physical and try to rattle the other team's best threats. That's not the same as playing dirty.

#13 Sam Hammer, Sep 13, 2019
    CotcheryFan, NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's pretty obvious that Odell is throwing this out there to try to plant a seed with the refs for next game, but all it did was poke the hornet's nest and paint a huge bullseye on his ass. I hope they go for his legs the entire game. What an idiot.

#14 Sam Hammer, Sep 13, 2019
  15. I dont like the hit.Thats how an acl happens. It was dirty

I have mixed feelings about it.I dont want the jets to sink to the patriots or raiders level of tasteless tactics however im tired of the jets playing uninspired ball,having shittty luck,getting shafted by refs & being everyone’s punchline.

If fighting back means a few borderline cheap shots? Lets just say im 50/50..

rohirrim665, CBG and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I had not seen any of the hits during the game but after watching them this week I am not sure how anyone can defend Anderson as the hit 8 or 9 posts above this is without question a cheap shot, now whether Williams told the guys to play this way is another story

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Anderson maybe not on the Bart Scott-Reggie Bush 'hot sauce' level but still it was something out of the Steelers-Carson Palmer 'accidental dick move' book..

#17 joe, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

All this is no surprise.

I suspected the media had these types of things to say in the clip, ready to go the first time the Jets season hit rough waters. I just didn't expect it to happen this soon.

Winning cures everything. They have to win games.

If they don't it's only going to get worse.

19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He dove into the back of his knee way after the play , was shocked he didn't get flagged. Even more shocked at how small his fine was.

20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It clearly was an attempt to injure. Are you going to be neutral if the Bills target Darnold's ACL late next game?
    As long as there are just a few cheap shots on him its ok?