17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I can't believe how the ticket prices plummeted last minute. I was supposed to be at Section 334. But after seeing Section 314 tickets to drop $21 I grabbed a ticket and sat with my Brooklyn mafia.

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Interesting concept! I must say, I never thought of that. However at Mets games I have looked to see where unsold seats were, and thought about going there. It's just that I wouldn't have any legal proof to be sitting in them. I promised a friend I'd pay him full price for his extra ticket on Monday, but I'll also do some market research. The worst part is the damn parking pass. NFL teams have figured out that it's a way to get our cash. Gets more difficult each year.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

So, you're telling us that in your inaugural season ticket game, you abandoned your season-seat like a $10 prostitute? :p I mean, that kind of supports the "not getting season tickets" argument doesn't it? Too funny. Well, at least they won. Wait a sec....

alleycat9 and Brook! like this.
  4. Brook!

Lol.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am so so glad I don’t have seasons anymore. Yes, once again I let the off season hype get to me but not to the point I would get seasons. The feeling I had after Sunday’s game was very familiar but I felt so much better once I remembered how many times I felt this way leaving the stadium and having to walk to my car. Now I just smoke a joint and turn the TVs to the next game and the red zone . I didn’t spend half of Saturday preparing and getting up at 6 Sunday and getting to the lot at 830. Lots of younger people who go to games now who were saying how pumped they were and the crowds going to insane and you know how is back to lead the chant. And of course post game the same people were raging on the fans for not being intense and standing up and disinterred. The days of rocking jet games are over and us old timers realized that 2 years into the new place. Back in the day it was 80% hardcore fans but today maybe 25%. If we lose Monday the seasons over based on our next 4 games and our terrible pass defense. I would be sick to my stomach if I had 6 more home games after Monday. I am going and I will be super pumped, but I am staying home with my red zone for the rest of the season. And it’s one mans fault and he can fuck himself and no matter what silly shit they do for season ticket holders we ain’t coming back you greedy 1% Oxy killing family. F Woody and his brother and his whole operation.

#19925 sec314, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  6. LogeSection2RowJ

I was thinking just about all of those same thoughts about reading how younger fans were saying the crowd was "going insane" etc. They have NO idea what it once was like. I got to experience bouncing Shea Stadium, and the absolute silence Ed would get before unleashing the chant back in '99. As much as I hate to say it, if they lose Monday they can still salvage the season. Barring injuries, this team can improve as they go along, and should improve. I don't throw in the towel before Thanksgiving.

BUT, I do wish I had my season tickets again. There's no way I ever will, but I wish the stadium was more modern. I wish I could sit upstairs and have a good view. I wish I could get up to the 3rd level in under 20 minutes without arriving to my seat in anger, and not have to take the stairs after the game to get out of there faster. I wish I could go from level to level in a big elevator like Yankee Stadium. I'd put up with the 3rd level height if I had shelter from rain and wind. I wish I could easily afford tickets and not be gutted when I occasionally "eat" unused tickets and the preseason games. I wish I didn't have to feel sorry for my tailgating friend who just finished paying off worthless PSL fees in lieu of upgrading his decrepit car or having better health insurance. I wish I didn't have to pre-pay for parking passes I don't use. I wish friends could drive themselves and meet me in the lot without having to buy a parking pass for $50 and meet some guy in a dark alley to get it, or not find one at all so they stay home.

Because I love watching the Jets live and being a part of it all. Been doing that since I was 16. The decreased value of attending Jets games causes me to go to 4 or 5 per year rather than all of them, but I do go for the right reasons. It's still a hassle, but if the only way to remove that hassle is re-upping for season tickets then I will absorb the hassle for a little while longer, and get used to not being there.

#19926 LogeSection2RowJ, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The parking pass rip off is very under rated. I have to arrange to meet people at a gas station miles away from the stadium and move all my stuff from my car to his mini van so we can pay for one car and do the same thing after the game instead of meeting and leaving from the lot. Thankfully, I park by the Izod and we pay $40 cash and we don't have to deal with a parking pass. I wouldn't go if I could not do that.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  8. HorribleEverySingleSeason

My second year without having tickets. Watched that choke job from the comfort of my own coach and laughed at the same old Jets finding ways to lose.

So happy I didn't piss away the entire day in that dump of a stadium at least.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

sec, you shouldn't use the present tense. Can anyone confirm that this is still an option for 2019? I would guess NO due to the soon to be opening of the mega mall. The mall will need those parking spots. The shit-show enters a new chapter. Then again, maybe it'll become FREE parking if you show no Jets colors, and arrive with store coupons in your fists, with a promise to shop :p:p:p

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The area where I park, lot 27, has been reduced to a smaller area 2 years ago for the construction companies trailers. Its never gonna be used for the mega mall

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8131555,-74.0666626,212m/data=!3m1!1e3

11. LogeSection2RowJ

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THIS !!!!!!!

sec314 likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Like so many of you guys I have watched last Sundays game in person too many times to count, been there seen that done it before. I feel bad for the guys who still go to games and I feel bad for the people who bought into the hype and BS that the Jets were / are selling. The Qb whisperer / Guru is currently 0-1,,,,I pray that Gase does not ruin Sam , so far the early results are not good but we have a lot of football left. Ps the game day experience is a shell of what it once was sad when you think about it.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

Holy hell there's a lot of venom here. Sure, I've spewn my share but it's towards the crap stadium and PSL and parking nonsense. We hit a FG, we win. Sam hits Robby on the go route, and we win. Sucks that we didn't pull it off but geez....I've sat through 150 losses, so I know. The team worries me, but it's going to take a little more time. Practically everything is new.

#19934 LogeSection2RowJ, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    sec314 likes this.
  15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Could of. Should of. Didn’t. How many ifs have we used over the last 35 years. There’s a reason why we don’t pull it off over and over again. It’s the Joe Willie curse

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

It’s next to the entrance to the Izod. It’s not even near the mall entrance. My only concern which I have every year is do they still take cash. They better

17. LogeSection2RowJ

Did a little research; It's at the end of the area they're calling "Collections at American Dream" which will be the section of the mall containing the luxury stores. When I drive by, it looks like an entrance, but I doubt it's THE entrance. Can't really tell if there is an official entrance. I also see a valet parking lot on the other side, which is what you'd expect a luxury store shopper to use, so things might be OK. However, this place is supposed to be open during games so all bets are off as far as parking goes. If you'll recall, Jets/Giants sued the developers a couple years back and reached a secret settlement, so our pain has already been compensated for - To the pockets of Marra's Tisch's and our own Johnson's. When you look at the maps and arial views of this place, for what it cost to build, and how big it is, how many people need to be attracted to it - there does not seem to be a whole lot of parking spots. Ought to be interesting.

sec314 likes this.
  18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah except Gase proved he sucks and it's like Schottenheimer all over again with short slants on long downs but this time mixed in with inability to adjust in game. It's going to be a long 2 years before he's fired

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  19. LogeSection2RowJ

After One game? Then again, in my first game at this stadium (to stay on thread topic) - that Giants preseason game, not knowing better, I tried taking the ramp down from section 301. Had Fitbit been around in '09 I'm sure it would've logged 12000 steps to escape that place. First, and last time on a ramp there. By the way, those stupid ramps are probably only there for building code purposes, not for functional purposes.

So, in keeping with the thread, I knew after one game what sucks and what doesn't, so I can't blame you for feeling that way.

#19939 LogeSection2RowJ, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  20. Brook!

Tell more about old game day experience CBG. But please elaborate as I really want to enjoy reading it. :)

CBG likes this.