BREAKING: #Patriots and trading WR Demaryius Thomas to the #Jets for a 2021 6th round pick (ESPN)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It sounds like a perfectly timed bullshit charge.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Anybody taking Miami +20 next Sunday?

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

i believe he's guilty of rape. His recent actions explain it all. He's been (almost out of nowhere last year and this year) very paranoid this entire time and he's freaking out over this rape and it's turned him into a complete wackjob of a nutcase. Imagine how crazy he becomes when a woman tells him no. His actions of late are of a guilty man and one who knows he could be going away to the big house. For the Patriots? They probably knew ahead of time. Their owner isn't exactly a saint and never gave two fks about "culture players" as most claim. Rodney Harrison was the dirtiest cheap shot safetys I've ever seen. Dillon was a pos person off the field. Randy Moss dogged it in Oakland. Gronk was a night club legend, Hernandez was a murderer, Brady has been a cheater alongside of his head coach the entire time two cheating men is what they are Spygate and Deflategate and loss of 1st round picks doesn't lie so please save me the good culture talk "the Patriots way" the high character players bs their owner just wants to win at any cost and he'll even pay for a dirty disgusting prostitute shortly after his wife died just to win and get his way hah fkn joke of a franchise I rather root and never win than to win and have 30 other fan bases talking with ****'s when talking about accomplishments. Cheaters never win when it's all said and done the Steelers and Cowboys and 49ers and GB Packers and even Buffalo are more legendary in my own mind than these bad for football Patriots ever can be. Our 1 SB will mean more to the NFL from 68-69 than all 6 of theirs could. Our next one will mean more to the NFL than another 30 could for them.

And I'm just being sarcastic about Brown I have no idea if he raped a girl. Only the woman, himself and God know the truth but it wouldn't shock me to know that NE knew about this rape and still wanted him. Why? Because they've never given two flying fks about an honest high character culture. That's why.

#123 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Fiftynine and egelband like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think Gase may have sent a not so subtile message to RA. I didn't realize RA is a FA after this season..

5. GreenInTheBowl

You ever wonder how the Pats end up with an asinine amount of draft picks every single year.. even after winning the super bowl or going deep into the playoffs?? Its dumb fucking teams like us, making stupid moves like this.. This trade makes me absolutely fucking sick... We're feeding into our rival's hands; playing into their strength (drafting young talent). This is precisely why they are a machine and always contenders,,, every year........... DEMARYIUS THOMAS..?? REALLY???? The guy has been burned out for years... plus.. WE ARE NOT A WIN-NOW team!! This move is desperate, pathetic, and ignorant by all accounts, and will inevitably benefit the very team that's stood in our way for over a decade, while hurting us in the long run. Un-fucking-believable.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Agreed. The only reason to do this is if having an actual professional WR helps Sam develop. If he does, it's an amazingly cheap price to pay. If it doesn't it's a complete giveaway to the Pats.

7. GreenInTheBowl

Can't buy into that at all, especially at the expense of handing the PATS a draft pick. It's all about bringing in young wide outs that Sam can build chemistry with for years to come.. Thomas will be here for a year, maybe two. Similar to our current O-Line.. its short-sighted. We need a young core, if we're shitty for a couple years while they learn to play together, so be it.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

In order to get to the future, you need to develop in the present.

The entire team cannot be young development players....need a balance of youth and veterans.
    The cost was very minimal as well.

If Thomas has some gas left in the tank, and can be a reliable RZ target, it's a good move that will help Darnold.
    If not, it's a waste but a low risk one.

FJF likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think everyone around the NFL knew about Brown for awhile now. the Patriots just don't care

10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Entirely possible, I think there's a handful of players on this roster that are untouchable butJoe Douglas is going to make this roster in his image, which means there will be some players that get traded or flat out cut. In the case of Enunwa, I can see him being traded.

Enunwa is very injury prone, and DT being signed, to me at least, means Gase is not happy with the WR unit. His monday post-game comments pretty much indicate that perhaps the WR's were underwhelming and were not doing what they were supposed to

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You think "everyone" around the NFL knows that AB is a violent rapist and danger to society but the Pats just don't care? Interesting take on the state of humanity in the NFL.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

why not. they knew Aaron Hernandez was a violent drug addict for years and they didn't care

13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The Patriot Way

14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Can't say that I hate the deal (it's not even next year's draft). If he helps Sam develops then he is worth it. Although I hate having to give up a pick (however inconsequential) to the team that shall not be named for someone who could theoretically have been signed over the off-season. Whether Thomas would have signed with the Jets in the off-season is another matter.

15. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

DT and Gase have history. This move may extend beyond production on the field and instead include a veteran presence that will echo Gase's coaching etc. during player only time.

Smart move but minor.

Next up similar move for DB

cval likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is a MASSIVE overreaction. Wow.

Giving up a 6th round pick (the same that Darron Lee was traded for) is an unbelievably small price to pay if you're getting even half of what DT was in his prime. He knows the routes, he's a good teammate and a veteran leader. These are all things that make our 22-year-old QB better and the receivers around him better.

By the way there are 4 total Patriots on their roster that were drafted 6th round or later by them. One is a special teamer, one is a backup LB and one was a backup C until their center had blod clots in his lungs. Pretending like a.) they nail it yearly or b.) finding a Brady and an Edeleman are the norm is just the SOJF way of expressing unwarranted grief.

NYJFOREVER and Falco21 like this.
  17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah, what in the fuck kind of response is this?

We gave up a 6th round draft pick for a guy who can make an immediate impact on our roster with a history of doing very well under Gase's offense.

Is he out of his prime? Yeah. But that doesn't take away from the fact that we gave up a late round pick for a guy who is a proven talent in an area of need. Especially with Enunwa out for the year

#137 Falco21, Sep 11, 2019
  18. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

I agree. What was JD supposed to do? Sit on his hands and not replace Q? Or go back to a Burnett or another gamble on an unproven young player? It’s not exactly a high price and this is a guy who can still contribute and knows the offence well. I don’t think it’s the worst move. Sam needs depth and talent around him and now it’s over to DT to prove he still has it. Shame about Enunwa, the guy has been so unlucky with injuries. I don’t think we’ll see him in a Jets uniform again unfortunately

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

How great will it now be if they put Brown on the commissioner's exempt list after they just made this trade with us? Of course Goodell has had his nose so far up Kraft's ass since he became commissioner it will never happen.

#139 Don, Sep 11, 2019
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Rumor has it the Commish dresses up an an Asian hooker and gives Kraft tug jobs.