2019 NFL Week 2: Cleveland Browns @ New York Jets (MNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Thank the lord. I don’t like that we’re so dependent on 1 guy, but clearly we need him.

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm not wild about our game plan on offense. But I'm not going to act like a one point loss in week 1 makes us the worst (or second worst) team league like so many others are. If we study the titans game film we should find success. If we don't its on the coaching staff.

Jets win 27 - 24.

FJF and Brook! like this.
  3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If Josh Allen can pick us apart I am very concerned what a pissed off Browns offense will do. There is no worse time to play a team than after a humiliating loss. The Browns will be focused and ready to play. Their skill positions matched against our CBs looks ugly. This could be a very bad matchup for us.

If we are going to make this game competitive we will need to move the ball and convert scoring opportunities into TDs. We will need to give Sam time to throw and keep the Browns defense off balance. This might mean running a possession slow the clock down offense using Wesco and Brown to help block. I am not optimistic looking at the Browns ability to put pressure on the QB. I guess we will see what our team is made of next Monday.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the browns O-line was awful, awful last week. mayfield was under duress the whole game.

Looks like a good opportunity for Leonard Williams to get something done. hopefully he doesn't get shut out like he did against Cleveland last year

5. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Good new is, I got OBJ on my fantasy team so I can expect a lot of points.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Not a game I picked us to win per schedule

Ide say we have a 40% shot at winning this one

We are 0-1 but I believe before the Season is over we will split with every team in our Division so a revenge beat down of Buffalo is imminent imo

7. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Leo played awful on Sunday, just look at this shit. (Jenkins a bright spot here of course)

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I don't think Leo is a good player, but it looks like he was trying to contain Allen on that play. He saw Jenkins get to him and it looked like Allen was going to run so he jumps back outside.

stinkyB, FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That’s what I saw as well. Head up and trying to contain his lane

FJF likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IMO This game wont be close ---also I feel if Mosley is NOT ready to play they should not force him onto the field , I would rather this guy miss a game ( that I feel we lose regardless of whether he plays ) and have him the rest of the season. Anyone who thinks the Browns defense is not good is dreaming as I wish we had the Browns D. I have also seen and heard a lot of talk about how bad the Browns O line is but I guess these same people did not watch the Jets O line last week ? Yes the Bills have a good D but the bottom line is this JETS O line is as I have said for months NOT VERY GOOD. The Jet secondary should get abused in this one and Trumaine Johnson should fake an injury now rather than wait until 10 pm Monday nite. Lets see how it plays out but my expectations are not very high

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

We better not split with Miami. If the Jets can't sweep them then they are way worse then we all thought. The Dolphins aren't even trying to put a competitive team on the field this season.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Pretty insane to think how far Cleveland has come from years past.

This would have been a joke game to discuss at length. Cleveland has made themselves relevant again in every game and is now demanding much more attention as the underdog while becoming the overdog in some instances.

Having said that, I think Cleveland is a farce. I do not buy this hype behind them or behind Mayfield. I may be proven wrong, but I don't think they are anywhere near as good as some painted them to be this past off-season.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

Yessir, they're going to be in the same boat as us. An 8-8 team that can be 7-9 or 9-7 based on if they can catch a break. The general public overhypes teams when they get big name stars at the skill positions, but forget the game is built in the trenches. Both us and Cleveland have trash OLs.

Acad23 likes this.
  14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

And no pass rush. Another Mac fail.

15. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

I think we are in for another bad night. I think Mayfield will adapt his style with his line being bad and use his feet to roll-out, and i don't trust our d-line to track and chase him down enough, then landry will find space and OBJ might have TIME (see what i did there?) to scramble and find space. I think Bell might have a good night and with their pass-rush Darnold might dink and dunk and screens might work better, with a bit of play action to try and get some big throws down the field. I think if we expect Darnold to be able to stand there and do his progressions we are deluded. He needs to be quick at getting the ball out as the O-line is like a swing door for Myles Garrett. Unfortunately i don't think we will have enough big plays to get past 20 points and i think Cleveland will. Jets 17 Browns 24. Darnold to be leading a drive late on and get picked. 0-4 at least and expect the Gase talk to get nasty. I hope Gase comes good and now he has been hired he needs time, but, if he loses his 2 home openers against the BILLS AND BROWNS! and then we get hammered on the road twice. I could see it getting bad amongst the fans. Hopefully we win and win in Foxboro and Gase is the 2nd coming and i can forget this, but i am sensing doom unfortunately.

16. NYJFOREVER

I can't believe I ever defended Mac, especially after seeing this.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You could tell all game they were very concerned with Allen getting loose. Soft disciplined pass rush.
    That play would have been a big gainer if leo doesn’t play contain.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its called "hidden production" am I right? Leo leads the league in that category I think

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

You were far from alone. There were some real hardline Mac defenders on this board. They know who they are. That's a damning, powerful graphic you shared, wow. I think the Jets would lose a legit portion of their fanbase if they ever had the balls to draft a DT in the 1st round next year. No joke.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’d call it knowing the scouting report and doing your job. On a lot of plays 9-10 defensive players do their jobs and don’t have anything show up on the stat sheets.