Antonio Brown Accused of Rape

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Falco21, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

#1 Falco21, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Rapetonio.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What a shit show.

4. Falco21

I can not imagine he lasts very long knowing how Bellichick operates.

5. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

My first reaction on AB being taken by the Pats was "Ok this is to distract from
    a certain person's sexual legal problems" >coughkraftycough<.

But big money has big ears, I'm sure they knew about this in advance,
    and my initial hunch was right, big time.

Ron

6. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

He’ll Fit right in with the Patriots way

kevda5n9ne, NYJ79, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Glad the story was released at the right time. He literally just signed the contract.

Had to be leaked by a fan of an opposing team.

8. Falco21

He's had issues with sexual assault in the past.

If true, it really is no surprise this claim comes out.

I honestly believe this guy really has mental issues that he needs to address. His antics in Oakland were mind blowing. And now rape and sexual assault.

jetstopgun likes this.
  9. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Rape and sexual assault is bad bad bad! But holy shit, the timing is fucking fantastic.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Antonio Brown has been accused of rape and sexual assault stemming from three different incidents in 2017 and 2018.
    A lawsuit from Brown's former trainer, Britney Taylor, claims Brown "sexually assaulted Taylor twice during training sessions in June 2017" and "forcibly raped her" in March 2018 before bragging about it in "profane text messages that are copied in the lawsuit." It's unclear if she's reported any of the three incidents to the police, but she has stated that she'd cooperate with any NFL investigations. Brown and his legal team have denied any wrongdoings and "will pursue all legal remedies to not only clear his name, but to also protect other professional athletes against false accusations." This story will certainly be continued.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Patriots are such a classy organization.
    He fits right in..

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Edelman shockered a chick in a bar and still played. Doubt anything will come of this.

Seeing a former Jet coverage writer broke the story. Lawl.

BacktoQueens and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/antonio-brown-accused-rape-lawsuit/

I personally would never be alone with someone who perved or assaulted me in any way ever again (if I could help it). There wouldn't be a third time let alone a second time (if I could help it), but this isn't about victim blaming. This is about the composite picture that is forming of this guy. That being said, the timing of this breaking is . . . odd?

Too bad it didn't break before the Raiders cut him regardless of whether the Cheats knew it was coming or not.

BacktoQueens and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Pathetic that the Pats get a pass signing this piece of shit... how many times have the Cowboys or the Bengals been called out in the past for signing guys with questionable character , yet Pats are above the criticism .

15. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/10/antonio-brown-accused-of-raping-former-trainer-lawsuit-filed/

Antonio Brown is being sued by a woman who claims the New England Patriots star WR sexually assaulted and raped her during 3 separate encounters ... this according to a new lawsuit obtained by TMZ Sports.

The woman behind the lawsuit, who identifies herself as Britney Taylor, says she was hired by Brown as a personal trainer. Taylor claims the first incident happened in June 2017 during a training session when "Brown exposed himself and kissed [her] without her consent."

Taylor then describes a second alleged incident ... "Later that month, Brown, while positioned behind her, began masturbating near her without her knowledge and ejaculated on her back."

According to the lawsuit, filed in federal court in Florida, Taylor claims Brown bragged about the incident to her in "profane and angry text messages."

Several months later, the accuser claims Brown reached out to her to express contrition and "begged forgiveness."

Taylor claims Brown begged her to continue training him -- and after initial hesitation, she ultimately agreed.

However, the woman claims nearly a year later -- on May 20, 2018 "Brown cornered [her] forced her down onto a bed, pushed her face into the mattress, and forcibly raped her."

The woman claims she tried to fight back but Brown was "too strong and physically overpowered her."

In the suit, the woman claims she screamed and cried throughout the entire incident -- repeatedly shouting "no" and "stop."

Brown refused to stop, according to the suit, and penetrated her, the woman claims.

In her suit, Taylor describes herself as a "28-year-old world class gymnast" who competed at "elite levels of international competition."

In her suit, Taylor claims she met Antonio Brown while they were both student athletes at Central Michigan University where they participated in a Fellowship of Christian Athletes group.

In her suit, Taylor says she wants compensation for "physical injuries, pain and suffering, humiliation, embarrassment, stress and anxiety, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, and emotional pain and suffering."

She also wants punitive damages -- though she does not specify an amount.

We've reached out to Brown's camp for comment -- so far, no word back.

16. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Football aside--I really hope this isn't the truth. Anytime I hear about abuse or rape cases....I pray that didn't happen. A traumatic experience that can damage someone for their entire life. If it did happen, he should not be allowed to play again....period.

kevda5n9ne and LF911SC like this.
  17. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

The complaint by the plaintiff:

https://haaslawpllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/1_Complaint.pdf

INTRODUCTION 1. This case is about how Antonio Brown – a highly successful wide receiver in the National Football League (“NFL”) – exploited, sexually assaulted, and raped his former trainer Britney Taylor. Brown preyed on Ms. Taylor’s kindness and her religious devotion, casting himself as a person equally dedicated to his religious faith and someone she could trust. In reality, he used manipulation and false promises to lure her into his world, and once there, he sexually assaulted and raped her. These heinous acts have inflicted severe and dramatic damage on Ms. Taylor, irreparably harming her.

2. In June 2017, Brown sexually assaulted Ms. Taylor twice while they were together for training sessions. First, Brown exposed himself and kissed Ms. Taylor without her consent. Later that month, Brown, while positioned behind Ms. Taylor, began masturbating near her without her knowledge and ejaculated on her back. Ms. Taylor realized what occurred when she Case 0:19-cv-62258-XXXX Document 1 Entered on FLSD Docket 09/10/2019 Page 1 of 15 2 felt a wet spot soak through her clothing. Later, in astonishingly profane and angry text messages, Brown bragged about the incident to her.

3. Shocked and deeply embarrassed by this assault and his degrading messages, Ms. Taylor cut off her working relationship with Brown.

4. However, several months later, Brown reached out to Ms. Taylor, expressing contrition, begging forgiveness and pleading with her to train him again. Ms. Taylor was hesitant but eventually agreed, swayed by his assurance that he would cease any sexual advances.

5. Brown’s assurances proved false.

6. On May 20, 2018, Brown cornered Ms. Taylor, forced her down onto a bed, pushed her face into the mattress, and forcibly raped her. Ms. Taylor tried to resist him, but Brown was too strong and physically overpowered her. She screamed and cried throughout the entire rape, repeatedly shouting “no” and “stop.” Brown refused and penetrated her.

7. Brown’s assaults and rape have severely traumatized Ms. Taylor. Ms. Taylor has suffered near-daily panic attacks and suicidal ideations. 8. Ms. Taylor brings this action to recover compensatory and punitive damages for the significant harm Brown caused by this brutal and sadistic misconduct.

18. Falco21

This story is really disturbing.

I am a HUGE believer of innocent until proven guilty but it's gonna be very hard believing a man like Brown, especially with a history of assault

Linebacker712 likes this.
  19. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Yep, I will also let the system do its work. And yes, given his character, it makes it harder to believe his innocence.

However, the timing of all this is suspicious. Considering that he's front and center in the news, it could be that this trainer is trying to get her fifteen minutes of fame, or trying to get a piece of his new contract as revenge for a consensual relationship gone wrong. Why she didn't report him immediately after the second rape instead of waiting till now is going to work against her case. She would no doubt have been taken seriously, especially since we're at the height of this #metoo thing.

I'm not saying that WAS the case; simply that these are some of the arguments that will be used to discredit this woman.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't know whether the allegations are true or not, but the kind of fame she's getting is not the fun kind.

#20 HomeoftheJets, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019