What Are Your Expectations for the 2019 New York Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Aug 27, 2019.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

2019 season: The Jets make money, the broadcast networks make money, ESPN makes money, the players make money, the fans get fleeced.

Cman68 and Wahoo like this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes; I'm a lifelong homer @ heart but we all (Darksiders as well) have a right to be extremely excited for our 2019 Jets.

Athe reason(s) being why are because of three key aspects:

1.) Sam Darnold. We've all craved a Franchise quarterback for a really long time. And we've got one. This kid is special. And he's fun to watch. A cornerstone QB is what we've got here and one for our front office to build our team around (through both free agency and the draft) for many of years to come; our fan base can finally dream.

2.) A lot of talent on both sides of the ball. But not only on defense (2009/2010 etc) but also a lot of talent on offense (for the first time since Pennington/Martin have we seen a QB/RB duo as exciting as Darnold/Bell). Combined, we're (for once) featuring a lot of talent on both sides of the ball; and it's something for our entire fan base to be extremely pumped up about because I don't know the last time we could say the same for talent on both offense/defense combined; 1998?

Sam Darnold/Jamal Adams.

Le'Veon Bell/C.J .Mosley

Robby Anderson/Leonard Williams.

Jamison Crowder/Quinnen Williams.

Quincy Enunwa/Trumaine Johnson.

Chris Herndon/Marcus Maye.

Henry Anderson/Jordan Jenkins (15.0 sacks combined last year).

And an O-Line (who I'm confident in) being led by 4 veterans in...

Kelvin Beachum @ LT (helped keep a rookie QB in Sam alive last year and a very underrated Jet as a blind side pass protector).

Ryan Kalil @ Center (Former USC Trojan himself and will fight for his kid QB in Darnold as a former 2nd round draft pick, 1x 2nd-team All-Pro, 2x 1st-team All-Pro and a 5x pro bowler; a big time upgrade @ C from last year and both Sam Darnold and Le'Veon Bell is going to love him).

Kelechi Osemele @ LG (an absolute beast when fully healthy as currently is and another former 2nd round draft pick, 1x All-Pro (16), 2x Pro Bowler (2016-2017), SB champion; he's another a big time upgrade @ LG from last year).

Brian Winters @ RG ( Former 3rd round draft pick and no, not a Pro Bowler nor an All-Pro but when healthy he's one of the better RG's within the league and definitely belongs; I'm eager to have him back for 2019).

Brandon She'll @ RT (our only young pup on our O-Line but he's improved each and every year since being in the league and now being surrounded by veterans and an elite RB to maul for; and Brandon She'll will become a Jets household name throughout 2019 and will no longer be considered underrated for many of years to come).

That creates for 19/22 starters who I feel all have a lot of talent and I can not remember the last time we could say the same.

I can't comment on our #2 CB, nickel/dime backs etc because I do not know enough about them to do so; so yes I'm nervous about those 3 positions however that concern is not enough for me to not love this team heading into 2019 and it'll be intriguing to see who steps up (outside of Trumaine).

3.) Coaching. We've finally got an offensive minded HC in Adam Gase who's calling the plays and working alongside hand and hand with our developing Franchise QB and Gregg Williams as our DC and as everyone knows he's aggressive and one of the nastiest/best defensive minds in all of football.

1.) Franchise QB.
    2.) Talent throughout both sides.
    3.) Coaching.

3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

It appears my prediction of 5-11 may have been a tad optimistic...

stinkyB, major33, grkmanga31 and 4 others like this.
  4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Revise mine to 2-14

Lose all
    Beat dolphins twice

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Any second thoughts today?

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I'm still waiting for the day I can change my signature.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

most of what I said stands but please add terrible O-line and reduce the wins to 3. Thanks

grkmanga31 likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What happened to the thread with the official Won/Lost Poll? You know, the one where Brook promised a Corvette or something to the winner? Am I losing it or has the thread been lost?

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

some good chuckles from this thread half way through the season

even my own fairly pessimistic 6-10 prediction (revised on 9 September to 3 wins) seems laughable now