Playmaker Anyone?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets28, Dec 10, 2006.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Any team can go out and get a play maker, but many times you see that once productive playmaker flop or have team issues because their head is so big. I think our boy's are good to go. In some games we have been able to shine and in others we look slow and controllable. I think a play maker who rises from your own ranks are the best kind, contractually and from player personnel stand point. The offensive coordinator has to put his guy's in position to make plays. Ultimately it?s up to the player but theirs got to be a game plan against what the other teams? defense is capable of.

2. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

lynch imo looks like he bulked up a bit from last year. i say 5-11, 223 while maintaining his 4.45 speed. hes definitely a playmaker.

dream draft.. lynch and woodley. two huge playmakers. and if we could get leonard, that would be great too, hes a playmaker who can do the dirty work to.

3. MawaesDaMan

MawaesDaMan New Member

Baker has had flashed, makes some big, impressive catches, and has his drops as well, but I dont think he gets enough balls on a regualr basis to rule him out. There is potential there, he could be a top TE, could be garbage as well, but until he gets 5 - passes a game, who knows. He beat out Jolley (who was a decent downfield option at least with Oakland) and some other guys for what it is worth.

4. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

other than running back, the tight end is the weakest position we have. Why else would we be thowing this many balls to the outside with a weak armed QB.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I dont care if we get a big named playmaker, or your average Joe. The main goal is the SuperBowl, and whatever/whoever it takes to get there is what I want. It has been proven that you can be Superbowl contenders with or without playmakers. Mangini is going to do what is best for this team in the draft, and we can only go up from here.

If Mangini can improve this team to what it is now, with what little he was given, then you can imagine what good he will do for us in the seasons to come? Honestly...

Who cares...

#45 IIMeanDeanII, Dec 12, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Steve Slaton UWV. The next Barry Sanders. You heard it here first. :)

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

maybe if we have a top 5 pick in the 08 draft..

8. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

I quit... i'm officially taking a "personal" break from this site. See you guys after Christmas.

9. Tight

Tight Active Member

^ way to be dramatic.

I can see how people say coles is playmaker because he has elite speed. but cotch ? Your kidding right ?

My idea of a playmaker is a guy that can rush the ball at any given moment make a cut, and boom !

Or a guy that catches a pass, makes the first guy miss and runs for the endzone.

Cotch isnt that type of player, I like him as a player though but a playmaker is not what he is.

Bush,young,LT, A boldin. s smith,s moss. Those are playmakers.

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

Can he even run between the tackles though, I look at him and see a product of a system.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm thinking he's not a true North/South guy but with his speed, all he needs is a crack and he's in the secondary. The kid has WR speed. Perhaps he's not Barry at this stage of his career but if anyone has the potential, Slaton does.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Just checking.. is Coles still not a playmaker??

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

because getting it to a TE in the middle of the field where LB's are draped takes just as much of a strong arm as an out route.

baker is not garbage. im not saying hes anything but hes a good blocker and has made key catches. i dont think they use him enough.

14. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

good point about going long to brad smith...ive seen mcariens get the ball long but i would like to see atleast 2 or 3 long ones thrown to smith or even coles (but teams would have dbl cov then)

15. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

i agree, i like baker, getting him 3 or 4 catches a game is ok but if they find him more thats good...he always plays hard and tries to get that extra yard out

16. JetFanInMiami

JetFanInMiami Member

Around the NFL every week it seems like there are 70 and 80 yard plays, and it just seems like that kind of stuff never happens in the jets offense and it doesnt look like it will with the players that we currently have as much as i love coles and all our young guys