Former Jet Barry Bennett and Wife Killed, Son Sought

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralebird, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

No jokes about other members.

This has been ruled a humor-free thread. :mad:

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

As an adopted person that is something that people always tend to hone in on, sometimes to my extreme annoyance. I knew Barry Bennett's son was adopted before I even read the article simply based on the age differences, but there is such a thing as adoptees who lead well-adjusted, happy productive lives.

I remember when Greg Louganis was up for gold in the Olympics and the stupid commentators, every other sentence was Greg Louganis adopted, Greg Louganis adoptee, the adopted Greg Louganis, it got to the point where I said what is that supposed to MEAN? Adoptees are somehow more buoyant in the water?

I'm not the least bit sensitive about it, in fact I'm rather proud of it, but there are certainly other mitigating factors other than Dylan Bennett being adopted, and that of course includes the situation that he came from. It's a complicated subject that has also been the subject of a lot of study, but I'm far more in the hardwired camp than the environment camp. That isn't the least bit to say that environment doesn't shape you, of course it does; but I'm convinced that nature has the upper hand over nurture no question. So what I'm getting at is that if he wasn't adopted he probably would have killed his biological parents or someone else anyway.

I'm going to get a lot of shit for this and I'm surprised I haven't gotten any shit for it already in other threads, but if I had a million dollars to bet I'd bet that Dylan Bennett was on antidepressants or some other kind of shit for bipolar because everyone and their goddamn grandmother is bipolar. It's a legitimate illness, but so many people in this country are so ridiculously over-medicated and unnecessarily medicated it's unbelievable. These drugs kill just as many people if not more than those they save, and no I'm not some crazy anti vaxxer type.

I've said it before, the opioid crisis, see how I laugh. I've been saying it for 20 years minimum that one of these days somebody is going to blow the whole fcking lid off. Eli Lily already got fined $2.6 billion over Zyprexa, which is coincidentally still on the market, but it hasn't changed a thing. People should be in jail for life for what they're doing to the general public all with a doctor's blessing.

I can get far more into all of this at a later time, but I have no reservations about saying how right I am about it. Come at me all you want and I can counterpoint it from here to eternity. I'll leave off by saying that many antidepressant medications cause irreversible tardive dyskinesia. This has been a known side effect for YEARS and was swept under the rug. Guess who manufactures drugs to combat tardive dyskinesia? The same pharmaceutical companies that make the antidepressants that cause it. Just sayin'.

Ever see that Chantix commercial to quit smoking? You've got to be out of your fucking mind to take that poison. It used to be used as an anti-psychotic/antidepressant until people who have never had a psychotic break kept going into psychosis and killing themselves. And THEN they started off-branding it for smoking cessation whereupon a whole bunch of other people killed themselves. And these are people who had never had any form of suicidal ideation in their entire lives. If you listen carefully they're now suddenly mentioning tardive dyskinesia. Just crumple up the pack if you really mean it. Everybody is a goddamn pansy and can't do anything without a crutch.

#22 jetophile, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Say what?

FJF likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We adopted our first child. It's been a wonderful ride (she turned 30 today!).

I could write a 10 page paper on the evils of anti-depressants. Doctors in America suck. They are slaves to the drug makers. Simple as that.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Guns have been around forever. Anti depressants are the relatively new ingredient in this society. Big pharma has more blood on their hands than the nra.

The question here is how did he get the gun. Sounds like it was new. Illegal sale or did someone in the government drop the ball on the background check?

6. Dierking

So. If Tardive Dyskinesia is there in the second round do you pull the trigger or go BPA?

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

If Tardive Dyskinesia is there then you’re more then likely going BPD.

jilozzo likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Or he could have been psychotic in which case it makes a lot of sense that he was in treatment. There are people who are psychotic who kill people whether they are being medicated or not being medicated.

FYI there are a lot of people who are bi-polar with chemical imbalances who are treated very effectively with medication who in the past were strapped to gurneys and given shock treatment with limited temporary success who now live normal lives. There are a lot of people with serious depression who aren't medicated at all who commit suicide every year.

There are a lot of people who need medication and may be under-medicated. Drugs are dangerous. Depression and psychosis is also dangerous.

9. jetophile

FYI, lol. I came across this while looking for something else. You have no idea how pervasive a lot of this which you are in turn spitting out. Of course drugs can help people, but you almost succeeded in glossing over almost everything I said; and I say almost because most people would agree with you without even blinking.

I've made it clear in several different threads over the last few years that I would be more than happy to engage the subject. No-one ever asks. Ask a question and I'd be more than happy to field it, just don't expect to get the answer you think you're going to get. Opinions are not facts.

10. Dierking

What’s the average annual rainfall in the Amazon basin?

11. jetophile

[​IMG]

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The average annual rainfall is 7.5 ft but to put it in terms we can understand here that is equal to 2.5 @JStokes

Dierking and FJF like this.
  13. Dierking

How dare you.

__

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Sad story Bennett was a solid player for the Jets. Hope they catch the guy but so much damage is already done. The parents are gone and the son will never see freedom again.