Training Camp News and Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 19, 2019.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Br*dy at around 5 is about right at this stage.

Where you are really off is Rosen at 12 if he plays. based on what?
    lol no way.
    Fitzpatrick would be around 10-12 if he plays, but Rosen would easily be 16 if and when he gets the nod.
    I expect he will get the nod at some point, as the fish are in full tank mode (no pun), and Flores needs to show ownership that Rosen is not the answer.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

Anymore?
    That's ALWAYS been the case, he's always been a check down artist on borderline illegal pick and rub plays. He'll go down field only if a guy is wide open on a blown coverage.

The goal in NE is to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds or less, as his game falls apart when hit.
    The results would not be the same anywhere outside of Belichick and NE.

almbleamal and NYJFOREVER like this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Brady used to have a solid deep ball but that's shot. I think this is his last year to be honest, his deal is void in 2019 and he's selling his home near Foxborough.

He knows the writing is on the wall with Sam in the AFC East

BacktoQueens likes this.
  4. BacktoQueens

He's never been the downfield striker that Brees is.
    Only time I really remember throwing into tight windows downfield is when Moss was still there.
    Now he goes downfield only on mismatches or blown coverage. Everything else is spread the field, run picks, and dump off in less than 2 secs to the open man, or complain for Pass INT.

He knows the writing is on the wall with Sam in the East, and with Stidham on his own team lol.
    Last years playoffs were some of the best coaching Belichick has ever done. That's the guy we need to retire.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow , that sucks I had not seen that, I hope its not a tear,,,I guess Duke Johnson not only steps up but is now moving up big time on fantasy boards

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

With the Ravens losing Mosley and Za'Darius Smith, you still think they'll have an elite D?

7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

They always have one somehow. They also added Earl Thomas. I think they’ll still be good.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Idk, they are using him wrong in Houston. Shit they have him dropping back into coverage a lot. Someone I think could get a steal if they trade for him

dawinner127 likes this.
  9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

comment on brady - his accuracy within a receivers window is remarkable. the ability to put the ball exactly where it needs to be is second to no one - especially with passes 20 yards and less. One can never under estimate how important that is to give the receivers opportunity to run after the catch. Marino came close but not quite as good as brady.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

appreciate the detailed post.....

i think this is best case scenario i would be excited if this unfolded.

what i do not like is the early schedule and the absolute vacuum at key positions - CB, OLB, and OL.

what is certainly encouraging is the QB position is set - something this team couldn't say for years and years.

obviously we need another offseason, maybe 2, to really put some heat on the AFC.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

great point. its called ball placement. Brady does throw it right in the receiver's stride.

Usually though, that's one of the first things to go when a QB gets old and his skills start to erode... just sayin' :D

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Tom Brady will always be good at placing balls right where he wants them to be.

themorey likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

his chin doesn't count though

PabloJa, chandler, Baumeister and 5 others like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

outstanding

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

excellent pos ti overall agree with with, but i just have to say i don't see watson as better then sam. his stats are inflated becuase of all the jump balls he throws up to hopkins who keeps winning them. without hopkins watson looks like a JAG QB.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Great assessment. Thus we need to start strong and get a jump on both the Bills and the Browns during the first too games, before the competition jells as a more complete team. Play calling and coach strategy will play a big part on finding a way to win against arguably better rosters in the AFC. Find their Achilles heal and strike with a clever game plan.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  17. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

You want my (perhaps overly) optimistic take on things? Too bad here it is:

First off, Joe Douglas is going to fill some holes this week . I have faith in that. The AFC doesn't scare me this year. Brady won't finish out the year (ok its a stretch but I have to find a weakness with the Pats) , the Chiefs are full of shit as always , the Chargers are historic choke artists , the AFC south is an abyss . The Browns are bullshit , the Steelers are tough but depleted.

The Jets will be a scary team to meet in the playoffs , they are not a perfect team but they will be able to attack weaknesses and create mismatches. The D line is going to get all the pressure we need from the interior , our Pro-Bowl safety's will cover up the deficiencies of our corner backs. Greg Williams will stick a firecracker up Trumaine Johnsons ass to get him to live up to at least a fraction of his contract (another stretch I know), and like I said , Joe D is going to shore up some important spots this week.

As another poster said, there is no perfect roster in the AFC this year aside from Pats (won't argue that though I am hoping some flaws reveal themself, particularly in Week 3) and the Chargers (??? This one I don't know about, are the Chargers flawless? Especially if Gordon doesn't play?) Anyway, I am amped up. We have the right Coach, Quarterback, and GM, I truly feel that in my bones and I haven't felt good about all 3 of those positions simultaneously probably ever, or at the least since the '99 season. I can't wait for opening day! I will repeat one thing I said, ***when*** the Jets get into the playoffs, they will be a very dangerous and scary team to face.

#1197 rohirrim665, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

At his introductory press conference he even stated that he thought he could build an OL with free agents and less than prime draft picks. That was a red flag right there and and it has been and still is biting the jets in the butt.

NCJetsfan and mrjet80 like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I like when optimism is spiced with substance.

This seems a bit bland.

PabloJa and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Gave you plenty of substance my friend. We will get our pass rush from the interior, our safetys will mask any deficencies of our CB's. Our offense will be potent and dangerous , and there isn't a team besides the Pats who I think is invincible. The Browns are all hype, The Chiefs and Andy Reid are more than capable of choking away a big game, The Chargers certainly are too. If we get into the playoffs we (we will) we will be a dangerous team to face, especially if Joe Douglas can shore up our defense with some depth this week. There's probably nothing I can say to suspend your disbelief so I'll just stop there. It's going to be a great season.