Andrew Luck Retires

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FJF, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

1. The fact that the Colts fans booed him off the field is pathetic and disgusting.
    2. As some of you have pointed out, you got to protect your QB. How good is the Jest Oline this year?
    3. He was overrated perhaps, but he was a likable honest straight shooting athlete.
    4. I wonder if Josh McDaniels when he realized Luck's health decided to bolt?

I wish him nothing but joy and good health in the future.

I guess Luck was actually unlucky after all.

Freddy Mondo and NYJalltheway like this.
  2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's pathetic indeed. Football is a game. Those people need to get a grip.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What were the fans supposed to do when they found out that this guy that got rich off their money and produced zero results up and retired right in the middle of the third preseason game?

Were they supposed to send him off with applause? Thanks for the memories, Andrew? Fuck off with that.

GQMartin and Dierking like this.
  4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Get off the high horse on number one. If your 29 year old franchise qb retired 13 days before week 1 I assure you that you would boo too.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

A good example of what being drafted to a really bad team can do to potential. I got to see him live once against AZ in 2013. I thought the Colts were pretty good. They were 7 and 3 at the time. The Cardinals were a pretty good team on both sides of the ball in 13. We crushed Indy 40 to 11. Terrible all around team. Luck was hit on almost every play but was only taken to the ground once.

The thing that stood out to me was how big he was. He was being pounded and still hung in and got the ball out. I left feeling we had a good all around team and Luck was the best player on the field. I actually felt bad for him. I can see why he had enough. Classic example of the old boxing expression kill the body and the head will fall.

Amazingly that team went 11 and 5 and made it to the second round of the playoffs. It was one of the worst teams I have every seen live on both sides of the ball.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

With the exception of last year Luck carried a terrible Colts team and organization to the playoffs 3 times. Luck, unlike a lot of NFL players earned his money, carried the team and gave the fans something to believe in.

If it's super bowl or bust Curtis Martin and Mawae produced zero results. It's a team game you can't win with 2nd rate talent. He carried the Colts up until last year when they put a team around him. It was a little late. He probably should have retired before last year. The Colts fans got a great run from him.

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

quite possibly, really depends on the circs around it.

8. jilozzo

better this happens now to the colts so they can try and "position" themselves for the QB studs next april .

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

His situation is different than other players.

As highly regarded as he was, plus following in Manning’s shadow and NOT winning a SB.

He was a bust.

I mean, the Colts divorced Manning for him.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't disagree with any of that, but I'm at a loss at what people expect a fan's reaction to be when they're sitting there at some shitty meaningless preseason game with some hope for their oft-injured franchise QB who finally made it through a season healthy, and he decides to retire in his prime years while they are still sitting in the stands and he is down there on the field, 2 weeks before the start of the season...

The situation was weird and I don't blame them one bit for booing him .

11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Its actually even more weird, according to Adam Schefter, he said last night that Luck informed both Jim Irsay and the Head Coach of his decision yesterday, and that he would hold a press conference on Sunday at 3 p.m. in order to announce it. Instead, someone leaked it to ESPN during the game, so the news broke during the game, Andrew Luck had no idea it even broke and was standing their confused as fans started to shout him down(Clearly someone stabbed him in the back). The security then rushed to get Luck off of the field and then Luck decided to do the press conference right their own the spot instead of Sunday at 3 p.m.

Also Luck claims that he decided this about 10 days ago and nothing specific lead him to make this decision, however apparently Jim Irsay made a comment calling Andrew Lucks injury a "small little bone" injury on August 12.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...njury-adding-more-confusion-to-the-situation/

12. jilozzo

makes me think there is something more to his current injury status. Whenever i hear bone bruise i get very skeptical, especially in a relatively younger person.

13. jilozzo

so who is their QB now??

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dont blame Colts fans for booing either. If Luck was gonna retire he should've retired in the offseason so they could've found his replacement. Waiting 2 weeks before the season starts just screws over his team. Very self-absorbed move

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Brissett, with what they have around him they can still win the division.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So he is kind of like you then. With your dramatic I'm leaving this message board threads.

Freddy Mondo and abyzmul like this.
  17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Wow. This is unreal. Was this last injury really too much to overcome? Seems like Luck is letting emotions dictate decisions. Sucks for the Colts, but that opens up a potential playoff spot in the AFC so I can't complain.

Sidenote, it's a shame in hindsight the Colts didn't keep Peyton. They might have won another SB with him.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  18. Sam Hammer

Colts fans booed him off the field? That's really lame, it's not his fault he got hurt.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Absolutely, Luck went 6 games without being sacked on their run to the playoffs last year, defense is the weakness of that team right now.

They are a notch below where they were last year but definitely have enough to still have a good season.

20. Sam Hammer

I honestly do not think their chances are that great. They have a nice supporting cast, but there are many other hungry upcoming teams in the AFC this year that will likely put a damper on any plans of the Colts making the playoffs. It's possible, but I'm very doubtful.