We have a CB Crisis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Aug 12, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

robby wasn't the number 5. he was the WR4 to start the season after camp. he was a 5 when he was an UDFA but by the time camp hit he already worked his way into the 4 spot. The big difference is robby isn't a rookie and enunwa isn't in year 3. they were unknowns still developing at the time. in 2016 they had a combined 315 career yards going into the season. now they are both capable 1000 yard WRs heath and decent QB play permitting. i'd take 2019 robby/Q over 2016 marshall/decker. and i'd take 2019 crowder over 2016 enunwa. The bit difference is i'd take 2016 robby over bellamy who is likely our WR4. after that it's pretty much all the same

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

1000 yards??? How many times have they reached that mark?
    2016 was Enunwas best year because of Marshall and Decker. I think your way over estimating this year's Curren group of recievers.

Peebag and CotcheryFan like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I wouldn't let our current group of WR's stop me from taking a Jeudy, Shenault, Lamb, or Higgins in round 1 next year.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  4. TonyFtLaud

No way, simply not enough balls to go around. Crowder, Enunwa,Anderson all 1000 yards 10 plus TDs, Herndon 900 yards 8 TDs, (4games missed) , and Bells 1000 plus receiving yards and 12 TDs.... Just no room with the talent and depth here.:D

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

i said "capable 1000 yard" WRs they haven't reached it yet but they have been close and can. robby had 941 yards in 2017 and that was with mccown throwing to him. he was on a pro bowl pace. then mcnown got hurt and missed a month and robbys stats nosedived. he only had 120 yards in 4 games with petty at QB or 30YPG with mccown he had 821 in 12 games which is 68.4 YPG or 1094 yards in a season. he also had 7 TDs in those 12 games including a 6 for 146 yards and 2 TD game. if you take robys stats from the 12 weeks with mccown and apply it over 16 games it's around 1100 yards, 65 recs, 9-10TDs and a 17 yard per catch avg. Petty was awful and the whole offense nose dived with him. hard to blame robby.

as far as enunwa goes it had nothing to do with decker. decker went down in game 3 for the season. that made Q the starter and was his only healthy year really. it's hard to judge and i can understand if someone says he's not 1000 yard capable but i think he can be if he stays healthy and has a decent QB. you put robby or Q on say the colts with luck at QB or the steelers with ben at QB and they would have 1000 yards. I think now with darnold in year 2 we will see 1 of not both of them hit that mark.

with that said, I certainly can be over-estimating our WRs now. I don't deny that, but it's the time of the year to be optimistic and have visions of darnold bombing away to robby in 2019. only time will tell. but in case you forgot what robby can bring to the table

and that is with mccown at QB

6. GasedAndConfused

that's another point too. our TEs/RBs in 2019 is way better then 2016. herndon and bell are basically WRs as well

7. TonyFtLaud

They have absolutely no bearing on the WR Corp being thin.
    You will not convince me the WR corps were thin to begin 2016, and arguing that this years group is better is pointless. Only one poster would agree with u and he thought ASJ made our TE group the best in the league. But at least you see petty for what he was!:D

8. TonyFtLaud

Deleted
    Quoted myself......
    Senility sucks

#168 TonyFtLaud, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. TonyFtLaud

I haven't forgotten anything about Robby. Go back through my post history and you will find I was his biggest,if not only supporter.
    That said , the post you quoted had nothing to do with you or your post. It is something another poster said on another thread , HerndonFan who I quoted got the reference.

10. GasedAndConfused

They aren't WRs but i mean in terms of people for sam to throw to bell/herndon is way better then the 2016 jets with ASJ/Forte. There are only so many balls to go around and while the jets don't have that "hopkins" type of target we have a lot of really good ones so teams can't focus 1 out really.

and I didn't say the WR group was bad, i mean thin as in lacking depth. we had a solid starting 2, 2 young guys with potential that played well, and then our 5th and lower were all garbage tier and prety much out of the NFL at this point. i'm sure jalin marshall is done, devin smith is done, and peake likely won't make the roster this year.

11. GasedAndConfused

definitely not his only one :) I've been a big robby supporter as well. and ah gotcha. inside joke i missed

TonyFtLaud likes this.