We have a CB Crisis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Aug 12, 2019.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

They could, but our talent evaluators over the last couple years have been Mike Maccagnan, Todd Bowles, Jeremy Bates, and John Morton soooo

I'm expecting the bottom of our roster to be completely rebuilt by the end of the next offseason, if not now.

stinkyB likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FYI this crises still exists and we also have a Kicker crises and I think ( IF no one is able to step up ) we could be on the verge of a Linebacker crises

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

All teams will have crises and injuries as season rolls along

We have enough in SD and rest of Offense to win shootouts, plus Coaching is better

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It helps to be able to get off the field too on 3rd downs.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NY012 I respectfully and whole heartedly disagree as it remains to be seen what we have on Offense and Defense and that goes for the coaching staff as well

Jets69 likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

IF this team gets into a lot of shootouts, they will lose lots of games. I don't care that the offense has looked encouraging in preseason, this team is still not build to win shootouts on a weekly basis

Cman68 and NYJalltheway like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

You must mean for the D to get a 3rd down stop

I want Darnold and the rest to keep going ….not off the field on 3rd down:eek:

Cman68 likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

Talk to me the night of 9/8/19..if we lose to the Bills you are a genius lol

CBG likes this.
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

We won't. The Jets are going to beat the living piss out of Buffalo and their RB posing as a QB

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I hear that their RB posing as a QB is having a decent preseason though (or at least a decent game). It would make this conference a hell of a lot more interesting if he’s the real deal. 2 team division after Brady keels over.

12. NYJetsO12

Over last 5 years when where the NYJs ever in a position where I would venture a comment like this??

On Paper we certainly can do it..why not?

Do I want to see a shootout every week ..prob not but Imo there is potential for a vast improvement

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yes.. The D is who I had in mind..

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am a genius just ask my mom

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

We were far from thin when Robby was signed. He was the 5th WR on the Depth chart his rookie year. He didn't become a starter until mid October when Decker wend down with an injury.
    We our also cut our win total in half from the prior season too.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

disagree. we had decker and marshall starting but our depth was non existent. the other WRs were enunwa, jalin marshal, peake, ross, and smith

enunwa was in year 2, peake and masrhil were rookies who didn't pan out. smith was always hurt and out of the NFL now. so we really had 2 veterans in decker and marshall and then 2 good young WRs in enunwa and robby. far from stacked at WR and without robby we would have been really thin. especially when the injuries set in. decker went down in game 3 of the season for year. and robby took over as the WR3 when that happened and really the starter opposite marshall who was gimpy all year too as enunwa played in the slot and everyone else on the team was a bum at WR

17. TonyFtLaud

I expected you would.....
    I never said stacked, I believe my exact words were far from thin. Marshall ,Decker , Enunwa , Ross, Marshall and Smith plus Anderson is a hell of a lot deeper than this years group, yet when I mentioned the WR and CBs as having holes a couple weeks ago, you disagreed. Telling me how deep they were. So you telling me 2016 was weak, but 2019 is not.....:rolleyes:

#157 TonyFtLaud, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    CotcheryFan likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

CB we are weak for sure. I never said otherwise. I only said every team has weak positions and we won't be able to address this season. Next off season o-line and CB is a huge priority IMO

for WR i agree I like our group overall but we are very thin realistically. Now if all 3 can stay healthy and if another 1 or 2 could step up we may be ok but an injury here or there could be killer. I like enunwa but he's a huge injury risk waiting to happen. I like crowder as a slot guy and i like robby on the outside. but if enunwa goes down just having robby and crowder won't go over well. the big difference this year compared to 2016 though is we have herndon (for the last 12 games) which is the best receiving TE the jets have had in quite some time. With WRs I said i like our top 3 and we don't need that "julio jones" type number 1 guy but i would like more reliable depth and WRs that can stay healthy.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who wants interesting? Not this fan. I want the Jets to dominate their division the way the Pats have, and the way the Bills did with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith, and the way the Packers did in the early-to-mid '60s.

20. TonyFtLaud

The big difference between 2016 and 2019 is our #5 Reciever from 15 is our #1 and our 3 is now #2. Again, tell me how thin we were in 16.....